an amazing Santana stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an amazing Santana stat

In the past four seasons, Santana has averaged over 227 IP per year and almost 7 IP per game. Glavine barely made 200 IP last year and Maine had 191 IP, while no one else was even close. This guy is a workhorse.

Now perhaps those innings will decrease in the NL with all the pinch hitting, but it certainly looks good that the Mets will have someone who can actually get the team 200+ IP next year.

This will be the big difference between Santana and Glavine. Santana will work into the 7th and 8th innings, while Glavine needed 3-4 relief pitchers to close out a game.
    The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

I'm more concerned with the quality then the quantity of those innings but I suspect Santana will give us both
    “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post
      I'm more concerned with the quality then the quantity of those innings but I suspect Santana will give us both
      Yeah if this were Levan then i'd be worried about the quality of the innings but Johan is going to be huge. He'll eat the innings and pitch well in them, and hopefully the pinch hitting issue won't be so bad for him since he can allegedly handle the wood.
      I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

I remember reading/hearing Santana purposely takes himself out of games, even if he has a shut out going or what not depending on his pitch count because he keeps in mind his long term durability.

I remember him being knocked for it and I know he will be by schizophrenic Met fans this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Must Go View Post
          In the past four seasons, Santana has averaged over 227 IP per year and almost 7 IP per game. Glavine barely made 200 IP last year and Maine had 191 IP, while no one else was even close. This guy is a workhorse.

Now perhaps those innings will decrease in the NL with all the pinch hitting, but it certainly looks good that the Mets will have someone who can actually get the team 200+ IP next year.

This will be the big difference between Santana and Glavine. Santana will work into the 7th and 8th innings, while Glavine needed 3-4 relief pitchers to close out a game.
          Haha, just wait 'til he's cruising, but gives up a hit after the 6th inning starts and Willie yanks him.
          "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post
            Haha, just wait 'til he's cruising, but gives up a hit after the 6th inning starts and Willie yanks him.
            But he doesn't have Mota to bring in!
            The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Must Go View Post
              But he doesn't have Mota to bring in!
              Pffft, doesn't matter as soon as he passes the arbitrary point in the game, and gives up a SINGLE hit no matter the situation he will be yanked. Unless it's nap time in the dugout, OR you happen to be named Alay Soler and you're being battered sensless, in which case time goes into some crazy vortex - THEN you'll be left in.
              "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post
                Pffft, doesn't matter as soon as he passes the arbitrary point in the game, and gives up a SINGLE hit no matter the situation he will be yanked. Unless it's nap time in the dugout, OR you happen to be named Alay Soler and you're being battered sensless, in which case time goes into some crazy vortex - THEN you'll be left in.
                Regarding Soler, in Willie's defense, "it all happened so fast."
                Originally posted by Busyman, September 28, 2008
                1. Fire Omar
                2. Re-hire Omar so you can fire him again
                3. Literally set Omar on fire.

Comment

Working...
                X