• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reports out that this Santana thing will be done within 10 days

REPORT: SANTANA TRADE IMMINENT; METS HAVE EDGE

Mets could get Santana within 10 days -- Newsday.com

Just get it over with already.

Although, without this news looming over the entire offeason, people here would be taking up knitting...
    http://themetsgivemeagita.com/index.html

http://www.facebook.com/groups/TheMetsGiveMeAgita/

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Well one way or another this offseason and likely the next 3-5 years for this team swings on Santana. Without him this offseason is likely a failure....while I wont go so far as to say the Mets team is worse than last year I dont think anyone can say they are significantly better....and for a team that suffered the worst collapse in ML history, I would think getting significantly better should be the goal.

Comment

With all the "mets have the edge" ****, I doubt hes coming here

Comment

bottom line is it takes two to tango, and the Mets have likely kept their focus on Santana until such time as that is resolved one way or another or someone swoops in and makes them an offer they can't turn down. the latter is unlikely as all teams want to see how the Santana saga resolves before doing anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Doctor View Post
              With all the "mets have the edge" ****, I doubt hes coming here
              It's better than no news at all of the Mets being involved, I mean this is by no means a lock to happen but it does make the situation look a bit more promising.. I think a lot of people are taking a similar approach so that if the Mets don't get him, they wouldn't have gotten their hopes up at all -- and if they do, well Santana is a Met.

Comment

While I agree that things look positive, I will believe it when I see it

Let's Go Mets !

Comment

Didn't Newsday report Vlad was coming to the Mets to? Love how these papers use could, maybe, etc. They probally get their info from a guy impersonating Omar's 9th cousin for 5 pesos.

Comment

Originally posted by metboy98 View Post
                    Didn't Newsday report Vlad was coming to the Mets to? Love how these papers use could, maybe, etc. They probally get their info from a guy impersonating Omar's 9th cousin for 5 pesos.
                    Vlad was on his way until that generous 1 yr offer with 4 years of incentives. Hell I think the Mets offered Luis Castillo more guarenteed years than vladdy

Comment

Originally posted by metboy98 View Post
                      The difference here is that the Angels are not lurking in the shadows.

Hopefully no one else is either (be it lurking in the shadows or playing possum).

Comment

Vlad was on his way until that generous 1 yr offer with 4 years of incentives. Hell I think the Mets offered Luis Castillo more guarenteed years than vladdy
                        It was more than that and it made sense. Vlad would have taken it were it not for Moreno.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex17 View Post
                          It was more than that and it made sense. Vlad would have taken it were it not for Moreno.
                          It made sense how? there was not a slugger before or after even in Vlads tier that would EVER take a 3 yr deal with incentives. Vlads deal with the Angels was a bargain then and even a bigger bargain now, but thats dem Metskies for ya.

Comment

I'm glad you mentioned it so that I can report the following:

In 2005, Vlad only played 120 out of 141 games in the field.
                            In 2006, it was 126 out of 156.
                            In 2007, it was 108 out of 150.

Guess those concerns about his back and not having the DH as a crutch in the National League were valid, weren't they?

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked if ten days from now there will be more articles that Santana will be traded ten days later. This info is coming from the Minny papers and their writers have been pretty clueless during the Santana sweepstakes.
                              For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
                              .343/.481/.600 /1.081

Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
                              .419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

Working...
                              X