Clear All

• Omar Minaya Doesn't Know His Ass From A Brooklyn Pothole

Discuss.

(S)
    Your Daily Rayne Summers Moment...
    http://www.leasticoulddo.com/

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

We will see.

If this dance he is doing with the Twins works out in his favor (that is, if by holding out until their back is to the wall with no options and we get Santana for less than the King's Ransom that they have been asking for) than you and a few others around here will have some serious crow to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex17 View Post
      We will see.

If this dance he is doing with the Twins works out in his favor (that is, if by holding out until their back is to the wall with no options and we get Santana for less than the King's Ransom that they have been asking for) than you and a few others around here will have some serious crow to eat.

I love crow. It's wonderful in a nice all-day-simmer Cacciatore.

I just don't eat it that often.

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

that is, if by holding out until their back is to the wall with no options and we get Santana for less than the King's Ransom that they have been asking for
        because that kind of thinking has ALWAYS worked out for this team.
        I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
        http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

Comment

Originally posted by mets84 View Post
          because that kind of thinking has ALWAYS worked out for this team.

It DID get them David Wright....

(even a broken clock is right twice a day.)

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankStylV7 View Post

Which the baseball gods were kind enough to not allow Steve Phillips to trade him for Jose Cruz Jr...

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
              Which the baseball gods were kind enough to not allow Steve Phillips to trade him for Jose Cruz Jr...
              Could you imagine.......

or Reyes for Alomar?

WHERE would this ****ing franchise be?

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

Could you imagine.......

or Reyes for Alomar?

WHERE would this ****ing franchise be?
                So, you're saying that it is good that those trades were not made.

Even though YOU would have made them in a split-second?!?!?!?!?

Comment

Sometimes the best trades are the ones not made.

Still...Santana is a must in 2008.
                  "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Almost Famous

I sleep underneath a picture that I keep of you next to me
                  I realize we're magnetized - WILCO

Comment

May I also add that Omar couldn't find his couch in his living room.
                    Originally posted by Busyman, September 28, 2008
                    1. Fire Omar
                    2. Re-hire Omar so you can fire him again
                    3. Literally set Omar on fire.

Comment

So, you're saying that it is good that those trades were not made.

Even though YOU would have made them in a split-second?!?!?!?!?

Reyes for Alomar - absolutely, but Alomar was perceived at the time to be a Hall of Famer in waiting still in his prime. I remember IMing with Paulie about ClubSeventeen from the Netherlands the morning that the Mets got him. We were both pretty happy.

Jose frigging Cruz?????????? Not a frigging chance for ANYONE, and I would've had NO IDEA WHO David Wright was at the time.

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

Reyes for Alomar - absolutely, but Alomar was perceived at the time to be a Hall of Famer in waiting still in his prime. I remember IMing with Paulie about ClubSeventeen from the Netherlands the morning that the Mets got him. We were both pretty happy.

Jose frigging Cruz?????????? Not a frigging chance for ANYONE, and I would've had NO IDEA WHO David Wright was at the time.
                        lets look at it differently, would you have been okay with trading Wright for Alomar? even though you did no who he was?

I loved the Alomar trade and would do it everytime that it came up, because the Mets really did not give up much. Escobar was the cog in that deal and his minor league numbers were the destiny of Rob Deer and Pete Incavaligia.

It was a well executed trade by Phillips because he gave up a guy was not blossoming as expected saved the more premium A ball prospects and was able to get a 31 year old all-star.

And like I have said over and over, if the Twins are willing to trade Santana there is little to nothing I would let block that, but, I suspect a lot of the hold up is that maybe, just maybe the Mets know that the Red Sox and Yankees were only in it to poke one and other but were never serious about making a trade.

There is a lot of speculation that the Red Sox don't need Santana, and that the Yankees maybe need him more than the Red Sox, but the question never asked is why would either of these teams NOT want/need Santana.

The Red Sox, sure are defending champs, but Schilling, Varitek, Manny and Papi are not getting younger, Mike Lowell and Youkilis each had a career year, and despite their mythology Pedroia and Ellsbury have a lot to prove.

The Yankees infatuation with Hughes on a team that just locked four years into two guys that are 36 is a bit far fetched. If they gave up Hughes they still have Kennedy and Chamberlain.

I think with the Red Sox and Yankees it is more about money than need or want.

The Twins have been wise to hold out, but they don't have forever. I think their end realistic choices are go for it once more with Santana, or deal him to the Mets with some regret.

Comment

How did it get them DW? He was drafted because Hampton walked (best thing he ever did for us).
                          TPFKABM

Comment

What you talking about Willis, the guy drasticly improved our pitching, bullpen, speed and defense this offseason, theres no doubt in my mind the Mets will win the world series next year. Church and Shneider for life, who needs Lastings or Santana? Omar will just sign us Carlos Santana for Maranga night at Shea.

Comment

Originally posted by metboy98 View Post
                              What you talking about Willis, the guy drasticly improved our pitching, bullpen, speed and defense this offseason, theres no doubt in my mind the Mets will win the world series next year. Church and Shneider for life, who needs Lastings or Santana? Omar will just sign us Carlos Santana for Maranga night at Shea.
                              I can see it for Latin Heritage Night.

"He ain't Johan, but he will do..."

Comment

Working...
                              X