Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Santana - Boston Herald - Church included in deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Santana - Boston Herald - Church included in deal?

The Mets, and not the Red Sox or Yankees, remain the front-runner as the team most likely to succeed in pulling off a trade for Minnesota ace Johan Santana, according to baseball insiders in touch with both the Mets and Twins in recent days.

A package the Twins could receive will probably not include both of the Metsí top outfield prospects, Carlos Gomez and Fernando Martinez. There are indications that Martinez would be in the deal, along with major league outfielder Ryan Church and at least two other prospects. Starter Mike Pelfrey could be part of the deal as well. . . .

Sox’ Henry delivers hard sell - BostonHerald.com

But getting rid of Ryan Church will make the pitching worse!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If Church is flipped to get Santana, where will all the people be who were bitching and moaning about Milledge for Church/Schneider?
      Outfield

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
        If Church is flipped to get Santana, where will all the people be who were bitching and moaning about Milledge for Church/Schneider?
        By this argument, no one should ever post anything here other then "Go team go" or "I like waffles" since none of us have the ability to see into the future and find out how everything will work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Busyman View Post
          By this argument, no one should ever post anything here other then "Go team go" or "I like waffles" since none of us have the ability to see into the future and find out how everything will work out.
          While ordinarily I'd agree, I specifically remember several people (myself included) saying that it was possible Omar was looking to flip one or both of them for starting pitching...and we were laughed at by the "sky is falling" crowd.

"They suck, nobody else would want them." Something like that...
          Outfield

Comment

I like waffles, those big Belgian ****ers. You know what goes good with those? Bacon. Bacon goes with everything.

Either of Gomez/Martinez, Ryan Church and two "other" prospects...yeah, that'll get done.
            I just took a crap and named it muhammed -- METSSC

The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles. -- Jeff Cooper, the Art of the Rifle

Comment

While ordinarily I'd agree, I specifically remember several people (myself included) saying that it was possible Omar was looking to flip one or both of them for starting pitching...and we were laughed at by the "sky is falling" crowd.

"They suck, nobody else would want them." Something like that...
              So in this case this is more of a "f*ck you all, I was right" post. That's acceptable (once the trade is made, until then this is counting your chickens). However that doesn't change that people are perfectly in their right when they hear a trade they don't like to come on here and say so, which your original posts seems to suggest they should not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule View Post
                I like waffles, those big Belgian ****ers. You know what goes good with those? Bacon. Bacon goes with everything.

Either of Gomez/Martinez, Ryan Church and two "other" prospects...yeah, that'll get done.
                Bacon RULES. Sometimes for breakfast all I'll have is a bunch of bacon.

Comment

So in this case this is more of a "f*ck you all, I was right" post. That's acceptable (once the trade is made, until then this is counting your chickens). However that doesn't change that people are perfectly in their right when they hear a trade they don't like to come on here and say so, which your original posts seems to suggest they should not.
                  Not at all...just wondering if the people who laughed at the pro- Milledge trade crowd will eat their crow if Church does indeed go in a deal for Santana, that's all.
                  Outfield

Comment

Not at all...just wondering if the people who laughed at the pro- Milledge trade crowd will eat their crow if Church does indeed go in a deal for Santana, that's all.
                    You mean Omar made a deal for Church, praying he MAY be able to use him in a Sanatana deal? I dont buy it, and I dont buy that Minnesota has any interest in Church or Schneider, but if by all means if Twinkies want Church they can have him.

Im sure we'd all be smirking if Church is in the deal, why is that? Because he SUCKS

Comment

Okay, Iknowwhatyoursaying.

Now let's talk about waffles.

Comment

Go team go.
                        http://themetsgivemeagita.com/index.html

http://www.facebook.com/groups/TheMetsGiveMeAgita/

Comment

I like waffles.

Comment

**** waffles. Pancakes are the real deal. Also French...err...Freedom Toast, horray Freedom Toast!

Comment

So Omar makes a trade in November, seemingly receiving far less value than he could have gotten elsewhere while simultaneously taking on about 10 million dollars in salary and without addressing a glaring need, with an eye on a trade he'll be making three months later, with a team he wasn't even in dialogue with at the time. If this happens, and it damned well better if that's the reason he got Church, he's either a super genious or an idiot that happened to step in sh*t.

Comment

Working...
                              X