Payrolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payrolls

Sorry if this was already posted but Yanks win again!

Yankees $218.3 million
    Red Sox $155.4 million
    Dodgers $125.6 million
    Mets $120.9 million
    Cubs $115.9 million
    Mariners $114.4 million
    Angels $111 million
    Phillies $101.8 million
    Giants $101.5 million
    White Sox $100.2 million

At the back end were Tampa Bay ($31.8 million), Florida ($33.1 million), Washington ($43.3 million) and Pittsburgh ($51.4 million).

Other interesting point about the yankees...

In addition to the largest payroll, the Yankees have the highest revenue in the majors. New York took in $415 million last year, giving about $100 million of it away in the sport's revenue-sharing plan. New York is on track to lead the major leagues in payroll again but its total appears likely to drop. The Yankees have committed $198.6 million to 19 signed players on their 40-man roster. Adding in the midpoints for their three players remaining in arbitration -- Chien-Ming Wang, Robinson Cano and Brian Bruney -- the total increases to $207.6 million.
    AP NewsBreak: Yankees set another payroll record - MLB - Yahoo! Sports
    "Managing is getting paid for home runs someone else hits." - New York Mets Manager (1962-1965) Casey Stengel

The Mets are BEHIND the Dodgers and JUST ahead of the Cubs and the MARINERS???

WHY is this?
    Your Daily Rayne Summers Moment...
    http://www.leasticoulddo.com/

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankStylV7 View Post
      The Mets are BEHIND the Dodgers and JUST ahead of the Cubs and the MARINERS???

WHY is this?
      Not sure, but if I was a Mariners fan I would be pissed. Who exactly, besides Ichiro are they spending their money on? Their best pitcher (King Felix) isn't even arbi elgible yet and still they spend that much. If they played in NY they would be ripped for the poor return on that investment.
      NickPapagiorgio Posting Alert System (current status): Green

Comment

Originally posted by NickPapagiorgio View Post
        Not sure, but if I was a Mariners fan I would be pissed. Who exactly, besides Ichiro are they spending their money on? Their best pitcher (King Felix) isn't even arbi elgible yet and still they spend that much. If they played in NY they would be ripped for the poor return on that investment.
        From baseball-refernce.com

Salaries

Richie Sexson $ 15,500,000
        Adrian Beltre $ 12,900,000
        Ichiro Suzuki $ 12,500,000
        Jarrod Washburn $ 9,850,000
        Jeff Weaver $ 8,325,000
        Jose Vidro $ 7,500,000
        Miguel Batista $ 6,000,000
        Kenji Johjima $ 5,933,333
        Raul Ibanez $ 5,500,000
        Jose Guillen $ 5,000,000
        Ben Broussard $ 3,550,000
        J.J. Putz $ 2,700,000
        Chris Reitsma $ 1,350,000

Some of those are really really bad investments... Sexson and Beltre are terrible baseball players.
        I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

Beltre was the classic example of someone getting suckered by a career year that just happened to occur during a contract year. There's always one team that gets suckered, and in this case it was the M's.

Comment

Originally posted by Busyman View Post
            Beltre was the classic example of someone getting suckered by a career year that just happened to occur during a contract year. There's always one team that gets suckered, and in this case it was the M's.

Beltre was a poster boy for steroid production/body type explosion.

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

are these numbers from prior to the winter? how the **** is florida paying that whole team 33 million dollars? wasnt it like 20 million last year with dontrelle and cabrera? how did it go up?

i'll correct myself: last year it was 30 million. still dont see how it stays the same when the only players making decent money got traded

Comment

and the mets payroll is up 5 million... thats schneider and church right there

Comment

I am pretty sure those are final numbers from 2006. I read florida is going to be at about 10 million this year once their closer signs for 2.5 million.

You never know what the total payroll is/was until the season is completely over. (trades, incentives, buy-outs, etc...)
                  "Managing is getting paid for home runs someone else hits." - New York Mets Manager (1962-1965) Casey Stengel

Comment

Im interested in seeing the other team's revenue figures. all it says is 400 mill for the skanks
                    “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post
                      Im interested in seeing the other team's revenue figures. all it says is 400 mill for the skanks

Boston was in the 350's and the Mets in the 340's. I don't remember the rest off of the top of my head. The difference is that the Yankees kicked in big revenue sharing bucks that brought them back to the pack.

The Yankees actually LOST about $50 mill last year while, I BELIEVE, every other franchise was profitable.

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

how is Mets payroll +5 mil? They subtracted Glavine? Also its less then that as Az is paying most of Greens salary.

Comment

Originally posted by metboy98 View Post
                          how is Mets payroll +5 mil? They subtracted Glavine? Also its less then that as Az is paying most of Greens salary.
                          schneider and church. raises for everybody

Comment

These numbers appear to be from last year.

"New York is on track to lead the major leagues in payroll again but its total appears likely to drop. The Yankees have committed $198.6 million to 19 signed players on their 40-man roster. Adding in the midpoints for their three players remaining in arbitration -- Chien-Ming Wang, Robinson Cano and Brian Bruney -- the total increases to $207.6 million."

I think the Mets payroll is about the same as last year, maybe even a pinch lower.
                            The New York Mets…

Where Legends become GARBAGE.

Comment

I did an analysis not too long ago..

http://www.nysportsday.com/themofo2/...6-payroll.html

That was BEFORE Heilman/Endy deals..which adds exactly 3 mil..that by my calculations puts 08 payroll at: just UNDER 110 MIL. thats still BELOW '07 payroll of 116 mil...there are still a few arbitration cases to go..but as of now..looks like Mets are not gonna EVEN MATCH last years payroll..although the possible Livan deal will likely push it over..
                              ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

Working...
                              X