Heyman: Mets in Lead for Santana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heyman: Mets in Lead for Santana

At first I thought I was reading something from a few weeks ago, but apparently this is news today.

SI.com - Writers - Jon Heyman: Mets take the lead in Santana derby - Wednesday January 23, 2008 1:50PM
    Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D.
    I'll save you the effort since I know where you're going with this, but I'll make a few observations on your comment that was not thought out too well. (1) It's rather difficult to call the phony king of England the government. (2) I would think someone like you would have no objection to someone trying to undo the over-taxation of the people. (3) In this case, no, I have no problem with them taking from the government since they were not ruling for the people.

I like the ad that's right next to it:

It's almost as if that face is saying "that's right, get your hopes up, sweetie."
    I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
    http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

Comment

How do you "take the lead" in a situation like this?
      Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce
      All I know is we got some butter and salt for that popcorn

Comment

I'm so sick of this already.

Comment

I can't wait til their gm gets hit in the face with a truck. He's holding up so many other teams/players as well. It's been reported for ages how fed up other teams are with this jerk-off.

He knows he has nothing to hang his hat on as the Yankees/Red Sox are waiting for the Mets to scoop him out of the AL. Wow, what a jerk-off marathon this is. And **** the entire media for 'having news'. They don't know **** they just want to play tug a putz with us.
          Liberals aren't the problem... they are what allow the problem(s) to exist.

Comment

This is the worst off season ever. Not because this trade hasnt happened, but because the same recycled rumors wont ****ing die. I wish they wouldnt report anything about Santana until something truly significant happens.
            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Almost Famous

I sleep underneath a picture that I keep of you next to me
            I realize we're magnetized - WILCO

Comment

Originally posted by mets84 View Post
              I like the ad that's right next to it:

It's almost as if that face is saying "that's right, get your hopes up, sweetie."
              That picture is screaming to have a phone photoshopped in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid A View Post
                This is the worst off season ever. Not because this trade hasnt happened, but because the same recycled rumors wont ****ing die. I wish they wouldnt report anything about Santana until something truly significant happens.
                To me it is this, and the Mets organization making out like bandits while treating the team's fans like retards.

Awful off-season. Just awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
                  To me it is this, and the Mets organization making out like bandits while treating the team's fans like retards.

Awful off-season. Just awful.
                  If you were GM, what moves would you have made to make it "non-awful"?
                  TPFKABM

Comment

Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
                    I'd trade 4 prospects for Santana.

Comment

Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
                      It is awful in the sense that the Mets org is feeding lines ("two weeks!!" "88 wins!!!") to the fans, and the GM seems to think what happened last season was fine and dandy.

The attitude, their play, the 1B and his boredom, the culture with Omar's assistant undermining Willie... you gonna tell me any of it was acceptable?

At this point, if they can get Santana, get him. If not, then let Pelfrey, Humber, Mulvey battle it out for the last two rotation spots. No Odorous Perez, and nothing of that ilk. There's a reason why no one else wants these guys... same with Livan, et al. If they were any good/healthy/cheap, they'd sign somewhere else by now. I'm with Frank that Omar preferring ANY of these has been/never was types only reflects poorly on Pelfrey/Humber/etc. It shows the org has NO confidence in these kids.

I'm not crazy about him, but Blanton actually be nice fit in the 4th spot... not sure what Beane wants.

I don't have as big a problem with the pen because bullpens are fickle from year to year. Mota is gone, but Schoenweis is still here, and I think Omar is taking a HUGE gamble that Sanchez will be (1) be able to stay healthy, and (2) be like he was in 2006 before the accident.
                      Last edited by Bay Ridge Dave; 01-24-2008, 01:05 AM.

Comment

It is awful in the sense that the Mets org is feeding lines ("two weeks!!" "88 wins!!!") to the fans, and the GM seems to think what happened last season was fine and dandy.
                        For the love of God, Dave, WTF do you want him to say? What moves are out there that would've made you feel better? You want him signing Colon? Lohse?

There aren't any moves out there, other than Santana, that will do any good, IMHO. You whining about Omar isn't going to change that...
                        Outfield

Comment

The attitude, their play, the 1B and his boredom, the culture with Omar's assistant undermining Willie... you gonna tell me any of it was acceptable?

At this point, if they can get Santana, get him. If not, then let Pelfrey, Humber, Mulvey battle it out for the last two rotation spots. No Odorous Perez, and nothing of that ilk. There's a reason why no one else wants these guys... same with Livan, et al. If they were any good/healthy/cheap, they'd sign somewhere else by now. I'm with Frank that Omar preferring ANY of these has been/never was types only reflects poorly on Pelfrey/Humber/etc. It shows the org has NO confidence in these kids.

I'm not crazy about him, but Blanton actually be nice fit in the 4th spot... not sure what Beane wants.

I don't have as big a problem with the pen because bullpens are fickle from year to year. Mota is gone, but Schoenweis is still here, and I think Omar is taking a HUGE gamble that Sanchez will be (1) be able to stay healthy, and (2) be like he was in 2006 before the accident.
                          I've read this 3 times, and I don't see any "wholesale changes". You don't want any of the FA SPs out there, you'd take Blanton as a #4 (trust me on this---Beane wants a TON for him, according to every report I've read), and you don't want Schoeneweis.

What "wholesale changes" are you advocating?
                          TPFKABM

Comment

Actually, the more stuff like this I read (the Heyman article) the more convinced I become that Santana will be a Yankee or Red Sock in a matter of days.

This is more than likely going to be a long year, full of pain.
                            Theyd done so well up to that point, surprising so many of us with their post-season success, that all I really wanted from their World Series appearance was for them not to embarrass themselves. Win or lose. Just don't sh•• the bed.

Geeze. Thanks, Mets.

Comment

Git 'er done, Omar.

(and by "er," I don't mean 5th starters and borderline backup catchers).
                              What DO you mean?
                              TPFKABM

Comment

Working...
                              X