Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gave up my season tixx today :(

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Wright 5 View Post
    I hear old folk are as bad as teenagers in the old age homes.
    lol. I worked in one for 12 years, they aren't quite but they aint far behind.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by nique View Post
      lol. I worked in one for 12 years, they aren't quite but they aint far behind.
      Call bullshit.

      We keep condoms and dental dams on every med cart.

      The funniest thing I've EVER participated in was a family meeting with two families, one White and one Black, where the White Dad and Black Mom were ****ing like bunnies. (as an aside, obviously I'm a White guy, and my second-in-command was a Black woman.)

      The families wanted to put an end to it, and both were horrifically racist. My DON and I were trying hopelessly to referee this mess, and keep the insults to the minimum, when Mom finally gets up and says, "I don't know if I'm gonna be alive tomorrow, so I want to get some lovin' today."

      Shut up the the whole room.

      BTW - both partners were absolutely mentally "with it" enough to make informed decisions as to what they wanted to do sexually.

      Hell, all kidding aside, it's quite literally the best range of motion and aerobic exercise that older adults can participate in. You can actually bill Medicare under occupational therapy for "sexual training" when instructing amputees, people with seizure disorders and the like on the best positions to use.
      Your Daily Rayne Summers Moment...
      http://www.leasticoulddo.com/




      Mitt Romney SUCKS.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by SI Metman View Post
        not true. I walked up to CBP twice in its opening season and brought tickets for a midweek Mets-Phils game.
        Doesn't mean that they didn't sell out however. But you are right, they didn't sell out every home game opening season which is a joke in itself.

        Side note: When CBP opened in Philly the prices jumped up, but the more expensive seats kind of leveled off. The cheap seats jumped from $10 to $20, but the top seats (HOF or behind HP) were still right around $55.

        So crappy seats were $20, but you could get pretty decent seats for around $25.
        "Managing is getting paid for home runs someone else hits." - New York Mets Manager (1962-1965) Casey Stengel

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by RkFast View Post
          Well....thats it. My six ticket mates and I gave up our Tues/Fri plan. The cost was just too much.

          Its going to be $850/year or an average of $35/ticket for the "honor" of sitting in Row I of section 3 of the Mezz. For comparison's sake, not even few years ago, $35 would get me a Mezz BOX seat. Add in parking at about $20/game and food/beer at about another $25 and you can see that I could be spending a good $500/month for these seats. Too much. WAY too much for seats of this "quality." Since we got these seats back in 2001, the overall cost of attending a game has more than doubled.

          I was one of the biggest "let the market dictate pricing" guys here. And even spouted that the reduction in seats and increased demand was a good thing. I guess I just priced MYSELF out of the ballpark.

          Sucks.
          I just gave up my Sunday plan tickets. The Mets indicated to me that the entire bill would have to be paid in full by today under pain of cancellation of the account, and I told them that I would need some flexibility on the deadline. I was willing to make a good faith deposit payment by today, and have the balance paid off in several installments by the end of March, but they insisted that there were no exceptions to be made. Screw them. These folks are completely tone deaf. I figure with the mass exodus of subscriptions that their heavy handed policies will engender in the wake of the historic September collapse, I may be able to get even better seats later if I chose to.

          "What new rules? There hasn't been any rules changes
          since the Black Sox Scandal, 1919. Big League Tegwar's
          Big League Tegwar known to every big-time ballplayer
          from Boston to California."
          Joe Jaros, Coach; New York Mammoths

          Comment


          • #65
            Good for you, DC.

            Did anyoine notice that now they are saying "full season holders now get FULL SEASON priority in Citi?"

            Implies that plans are coming down the pike.

            Comment


            • #66
              Damn...these people (Mets ticket office) have balls....
              http://themetsgivemeagita.com/index.html

              http://www.facebook.com/groups/TheMetsGiveMeAgita/

              Comment


              • #67
                I paid for my Sunday plan yesterday. 4 tickets. Sh1t or get off the pot, right? In fact, I asked the rep if I could upgrade my seats (currently Section 20, upper deck) and he said that there were "very few" cancellations so and the best he could do (in the upper deck) was Section 18 but 10 rows higher. He said to try back in a week or so when some of the cc tranactions get cancelled/dont go through. I asked him how the cancellations were overall this year compared to years past and he said it was more or less the same the last few years. Take it for what it's worth.

                So despite all the complaining and whining here, it doesn't look like the price hike has had much of a negative impact. Maybe this is becasue people are hoping that partial ticket holders will eventually be given some kind of preferential treatment in terms of access to ticket plans in the new stadium. Perhaps the Mets took advantage of this and knew there would be little impact as a result. Maybe they are taking into account the cost of operating a new staduim (which is very understandable) or maybe they need to pay for Santana's pending gigantic contract. No matter what the reality is, I'm happy I got my seats again. It's a fun thing to do with my wife and kids every Sunday. Not gonna give that up for a few dollars.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by ChuckkieB View Post
                  I paid for my Sunday plan yesterday. 4 tickets. Sh1t or get off the pot, right? In fact, I asked the rep if I could upgrade my seats (currently Section 20, upper deck) and he said that there were "very few" cancellations so and the best he could do (in the upper deck) was Section 18 but 10 rows higher. He said to try back in a week or so when some of the cc tranactions get cancelled/dont go through. I asked him how the cancellations were overall this year compared to years past and he said it was more or less the same the last few years. Take it for what it's worth.

                  So despite all the complaining and whining here, it doesn't look like the price hike has had much of a negative impact. Maybe this is becasue people are hoping that partial ticket holders will eventually be given some kind of preferential treatment in terms of access to ticket plans in the new stadium. Perhaps the Mets took advantage of this and knew there would be little impact as a result. Maybe they are taking into account the cost of operating a new staduim (which is very understandable) or maybe they need to pay for Santana's pending gigantic contract. No matter what the reality is, I'm happy I got my seats again. It's a fun thing to do with my wife and kids every Sunday. Not gonna give that up for a few dollars.
                  Looks like the Keep the Idiots plan is working.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by ChuckkieB View Post
                    I paid for my Sunday plan yesterday. 4 tickets. Sh1t or get off the pot, right? In fact, I asked the rep if I could upgrade my seats (currently Section 20, upper deck) and he said that there were "very few" cancellations so and the best he could do (in the upper deck) was Section 18 but 10 rows higher. He said to try back in a week or so when some of the cc tranactions get cancelled/dont go through. I asked him how the cancellations were overall this year compared to years past and he said it was more or less the same the last few years. Take it for what it's worth.

                    So despite all the complaining and whining here, it doesn't look like the price hike has had much of a negative impact. Maybe this is becasue people are hoping that partial ticket holders will eventually be given some kind of preferential treatment in terms of access to ticket plans in the new stadium. Perhaps the Mets took advantage of this and knew there would be little impact as a result. Maybe they are taking into account the cost of operating a new staduim (which is very understandable) or maybe they need to pay for Santana's pending gigantic contract. No matter what the reality is, I'm happy I got my seats again. It's a fun thing to do with my wife and kids every Sunday. Not gonna give that up for a few dollars.
                    I would seriously consider the source of the information you were fed here chuckkie. I don't believe a ticket agent will be tipping his hand and saying "yeah we have a massive amount of cancellations" to you.

                    My guess is there are a LOT more pissed off Mets fans tihs year vs. last, considering in the offseason of 06-07 the Mets were coming off being one game away from the World Series versus this past year they choked a 7 game lead in late September and then proceeded to slap a huge ticket price increase on good seats. It's just plain common sense that there would be more turnover/cancellations this year.
                    http://themetsgivemeagita.com/index.html

                    http://www.facebook.com/groups/TheMetsGiveMeAgita/

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by swataz View Post
                      I would seriously consider the source of the information you were fed here chuckkie. I don't believe a ticket agent will be tipping his hand and saying "yeah we have a massive amount of cancellations" to you.

                      My guess is there are a LOT more pissed off Mets fans tihs year vs. last, considering in the offseason of 06-07 the Mets were coming off being one game away from the World Series versus this past year they choked a 7 game lead in late September and then proceeded to slap a huge ticket price increase on good seats. It's just plain common sense that there would be more turnover/cancellations this year.
                      I asked to upgrade my seats and was told that the best option available was one section over and 10 rows higher. That tells me all I need to know as far as cancelations are concerned.

                      Look, I'm not happy about the price increase. Who would be happy about spending more money.....for anything. There are obviously many fans out there that are pissed, but being pissed doesn't natuarally translate into cancelations, does it? Many are holding on to their seats becasue they think that they will get some sort of priority over non plan holders when it comes time to get tickets for the new stadium. I personally think this will be the case, and it definitely entered my thought process, but in all honesty, I would have renewed no matter what though. My family likes going to games, and that's the most important factor to me. I suspect there are many others that feel the same way.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by ChuckkieB View Post
                        I asked to upgrade my seats and was told that the best option available was one section over and 10 rows higher. That tells me all I need to know as far as cancelations are concerned.

                        Look, I'm not happy about the price increase. Who would be happy about spending more money.....for anything. There are obviously many fans out there that are pissed, but being pissed doesn't natuarally translate into cancelations, does it? Many are holding on to their seats becasue they think that they will get some sort of priority over non plan holders when it comes time to get tickets for the new stadium. I personally think this will be the case, and it definitely entered my thought process, but in all honesty, I would have renewed no matter what though. My family likes going to games, and that's the most important factor to me. I suspect there are many others that feel the same way.
                        Hey, don't get me wrong - I am happy for you man. and I think it is a good thing to think of your family in that regard; it's a great way to spend time with them.

                        Personally, I wish I could go to more games, unfortunately my financial situation makes it impossible to do so.
                        http://themetsgivemeagita.com/index.html

                        http://www.facebook.com/groups/TheMetsGiveMeAgita/

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I was actually put on an upgrade list. Let's see what happens over the next few days. Since today was the deadline, it's certainly possible that once everything is sorted out, there will be better seats available.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by swataz View Post
                            Hey, don't get me wrong - I am happy for you man. and I think it is a good thing to think of your family in that regard; it's a great way to spend time with them.

                            Personally, I wish I could go to more games, unfortunately my financial situation makes it impossible to do so.
                            Mine too. But unfortunatley, my wife and I combine to "only" make well over six figures. So Mets games are out.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Won't YOUSE guys be sad when the Mets sign Kyle Louse and Ron Villone......
                              Your Daily Rayne Summers Moment...
                              http://www.leasticoulddo.com/




                              Mitt Romney SUCKS.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Q: What's oral sex like in a nursing home?



                                A: Depends
                                Give me your tired, your poor,
                                Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                                The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
                                Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
                                I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X