Gave up my season tixx today :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickPapagiorgio View Post
    My guess is that when Citifield opens the Mets, like many others with new ballparks, will have standing room only tickets as there will be bigger concourses and places for people to stand and watch the game. If they sold similar tickets at Shea people would be on their case about them trying to squeeze even more money out of the fans.
    I've never heard of standing-room tixx being sold at Shea, but I've wondered how one "sell-out" game can have a different attendance # than another. Since the figures are no longer based on actual "fannies in the seats", but rather on tixx sold, a "sell-out" should mean every ticket sold, and all games with that designation should have the exact same "attendance".

Shouldn't they?
    TPFKABM

Comment

I will really have to see it to believe that the Mets will sell out weeknight games at this new park in the dead of April and May. They can barely get 20k during the week as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
        I've never heard of standing-room tixx being sold at Shea, but I've wondered how one "sell-out" game can have a different attendance # than another. Since the figures are no longer based on actual "fannies in the seats", but rather on tixx sold, a "sell-out" should mean every ticket sold, and all games with that designation should have the exact same "attendance".

Shouldn't they?
        I heard that there would be about 1,200 tickets sold in Citi Field which were standing room..
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Almost Famous

I sleep underneath a picture that I keep of you next to me
        I realize we're magnetized - WILCO

Comment

Shouldn't they?
          If its tickets sold, then it doesn't count the tickets Uncle Freddy writes off to charities.
          Baaaaaaaaa

King Sheep

2013 record in games attended: 8-7
          2014 record in games attended: 3-3
          2015 record in games attended: 11-3 Regular Season 4-3 Postseason
          2016 record in games attended: 4-6
          Next Games: Sunday July 10 vs Washington

Comment

I spoke today with a lady friend of mine who has had a Saturday plan at Yankee Stadium for years, in the equivalent of Shea's Upper Reserved seats, just on the 3rd base side of the plate.

Her tixx, which cost about $18 per seat per game in '07, have jumped to $30, as the sections between 1st and 3rd are now "MVP Tier", even the seats in the last row!

It's madness out there, folks.
            TPFKABM

Comment

I spoke today with a lady friend of mine who has had a Saturday plan at Yankee Stadium for years, in the equivalent of Shea's Upper Reserved seats, just on the 3rd base side of the plate.

Her tixx, which cost about $18 per seat per game in '07, have jumped to $30, as the sections between 1st and 3rd are now "MVP Tier", even the seats in the last row!

The Yankees didn't fail to make the postseason after leading by 7 games with 17 to play...
              Outfield

Comment

Originally posted by nique View Post
                I will really have to see it to believe that the Mets will sell out weeknight games at this new park in the dead of April and May. They can barely get 20k during the week as it is.
                Well get ready to see it, at least for the first year. There is almost no way they don't sell out ever game the first year in the new park. The Phils sold out pretty much every game (if not every game) their first year or two at CBP and they weren't anything special and in a similar climate. Every ticket will be sold that first season in Citifield.
                NickPapagiorgio Posting Alert System (current status): Green

Comment

Originally posted by NickPapagiorgio View Post
                  Well get ready to see it, at least for the first year. There is almost no way they don't sell out ever game the first year in the new park. The Phils sold out pretty much every game (if not every game) their first year or two at CBP and they weren't anything special and in a similar climate. Every ticket will be sold that first season in Citifield.
                  not true. I walked up to CBP twice in its opening season and brought tickets for a midweek Mets-Phils game.
                  Baaaaaaaaa

King Sheep

2013 record in games attended: 8-7
                  2014 record in games attended: 3-3
                  2015 record in games attended: 11-3 Regular Season 4-3 Postseason
                  2016 record in games attended: 4-6
                  Next Games: Sunday July 10 vs Washington

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    The Yankees didn't fail to make the postseason after leading by 7 games with 17 to play...
                    Even if they won the World Series in 4 straight, that doesn't justify a 65% increase in one of the categories considered "affordable".
                    TPFKABM

Comment

Even if they won the World Series in 4 straight, that doesn't justify a 65% increase in one of the categories considered "affordable".
                      Fair enough, but my point is still valid.

If the Mets don't collapse and make the postseason last year - while we're all still unhappy about the price increase, it's a bit easier to swallow. Doing what they've done after the way they finished the season...that's just asinine.

Anyway, last few days I've been leaning back towards keeping my tickets...I'll probably wait until Tuesday at 11:59pm to make the final decision one way or another. I really don't know what I'm doing at this point...
                      Outfield

Comment

First year, maybe. But what ahout after that? I don't agree with Fred and Co. often but I think they made the right choice with the seating at Citi.

Comment

Rock on brah.

Bill has a ladyfriend!
                          Your Daily Rayne Summers Moment...
                          http://www.leasticoulddo.com/

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

I hear old folk are as bad as teenagers in the old age homes.
                            Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce
                            All I know is we got some butter and salt for that popcorn

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KingOlerud View Post

Your Daily Rayne Summers Moment...
                                http://www.leasticoulddo.com/

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

Working...
                                X