No announcement yet.

Gave up my season tixx today :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

living in philly I don't really have to sweat whether or not to pay for mets season tickets, but if I did I imagine the crap the team has spewed all winter as justification for raising prices would convince me to stay away. BY FAR the worst "we've improved" quote was that "we've improved the pitching through speed and defense" BS omar tried to sell. as if ryan church is freaking lou brock.
    I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
    http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

Comment

Leave it to the Mets to work it out that fans would actually miss Shea Stadium and dread/hate the arrival of a new state of the art ballpark.

Pure genious.

Comment

Originally posted by Busyman View Post
        Leave it to the Mets to work it out that fans would actually miss Shea Stadium and dread/hate the arrival of a new state of the art ballpark.

Pure genious.
        Dread/hate the arrival of a new state of the art ballpark? Hell no...

...BUT, I WILL miss Shea. I grew up going to games there with my uncle, who is no longer with us. He is the reason I became a Mets fan, since I live in SE PA and he grew up and always lived in NYC, and always took me to games when I was younger. I have tons of memories of games in that big blue dump with my uncle...

I suspect there are many others who are in the same boat...like I said earlier, 2008 being the last season at Shea is the only reason I'm even remotely considering renewing my Saturday plan.
        Outfield

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Dread/hate the arrival of a new state of the art ballpark? Hell no...

...BUT, I WILL miss Shea. I grew up going to games there with my uncle, who is no longer with us. He is the reason I became a Mets fan, since I live in SE PA and he grew up and always lived in NYC, and always took me to games when I was younger. I have tons of memories of games in that big blue dump with my uncle...

I suspect there are many others who are in the same boat...like I said earlier, 2008 being the last season at Shea is the only reason I'm even remotely considering renewing my Saturday plan.
          Whichever way you decide, it sounds like you have good reasons. But if your price hike is $50 for 13 games, that's less than $4 (or the price of a soda) per game. Don't let that be the deciding factor.
          TPFKABM

Comment

Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
            Whichever way you decide, it sounds like you have good reasons. But if your price hike is $50 for 13 games, that's less than $4 (or the price of a soda) per game. Don't let that be the deciding factor.
            Its actually almost $10/ticket. And with the hike, the price for the seat I sit in has crossed the threshhold of a reasonable price. I sit three rows from the top of the Mezz, Bill. Thats not worth $35. Im sorry. Like I said....less than five years ago, Id be sitting on the rail in a box for the same $35.

Comment

I am getting my first season tickets in the form of the Sunday plan. I am VERY excited about the prospect.

UR, probably for more than they are worth, but you can't take it with you...
              Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce
              All I know is we got some butter and salt for that popcorn

Comment

Right now I am more on the side of renewal. Like an idiot I left my $754 in my Mets account (money already spent on playoff tickets) not thinking the season plan would increase (again, like an idiot). So basically I owe the balance of $200, which is the price increase.

This is something me and my brother do together. I am not sure I can sacrifice that, since this is something we really enjoy doing.
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Almost Famous

I sleep underneath a picture that I keep of you next to me
                I realize we're magnetized - WILCO

Comment

Originally posted by RkFast View Post
                  Its actually almost $10/ticket. And with the hike, the price for the seat I sit in has crossed the threshhold of a reasonable price. I sit three rows from the top of the Mezz, Bill. Thats not worth $35. Im sorry. Like I said....less than five years ago, Id be sitting on the rail in a box for the same $35.
                  I can't disagree with you it probably isn't worth 35 dollars, and I read your post (or maybe someone else's post about the Seattle game and not caring that it is NY) but that is the cost of doing anything in NY city. Is a movie really worth 12 bucks (or whatever you have to pay)? Is a Broadway show worth the 100 dollar you are going to pay for a seat and then have a pole right in front of you? Of course not. You are doing what is your right as a consumer and refusing to pay the outrageous prices and if enough people think they are outrageous then the Wilpons will get the message. In reality, the ticket will probably sell any way and nothing will change.
                  NickPapagiorgio Posting Alert System (current status): Green

Comment

Originally posted by Kid A View Post
                    Right now I am more on the side of renewal. Like an idiot I left my $754 in my Mets account (money already spent on playoff tickets) not thinking the season plan would increase (again, like an idiot). So basically I owe the balance of $200, which is the price increase.

This is something me and my brother do together. I am not sure I can sacrifice that, since this is something we really enjoy doing.
                    The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to let my current tickets lapse and look into getting a Saturday plan closer to the start of the season...while I know I'll end up with seats that might not be as good as the ones I have now, it gives me some more time to think about it.

I really don't see any reason they need to have the renewal by January 15th, especially when single game tix don't go on sale til the end of February...seems kinda shitty to me.
                    Outfield

Comment

Originally posted by RkFast View Post
                      My seats are Upper Box, right behind the plate, for about $35 each. But I was basing my comment about Matt's increase on the #s he gave---$50 for 13 games.

I don't go to any games of other sports teams in the area, but what I hear from friends who do is that, regardless of performance, prices are shooting up for the Rangers, Knicks, Islanders, and all the Jersey teams except the Nets, who can't draw no matter what they do.

Again, if you're unhappy with Mets management, players, or whatever, you're justified in staying away. But if Matt's #s are right, they shouldn't keep you away if you'd really like to be there.
                      TPFKABM

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to let my current tickets lapse and look into getting a Saturday plan closer to the start of the season...while I know I'll end up with seats that might not be as good as the ones I have now, it gives me some more time to think about it.

I really don't see any reason they need to have the renewal by January 15th, especially when single game tix don't go on sale til the end of February...seems kinda shitty to me.
                        Plan tickets go on sale before single-game ones, so that the team knows which seats are available later. First priority goes to renewals, so that current subscribers don't get "bumped" by newcomers. Then, between Jan 15 and the first day of single-game sales, new plan customers get their pick of the available seats. What's left goes to the single-gamers.
                        TPFKABM

Comment

Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
                          Plan tickets go on sale before single-game ones, so that the team knows which seats are available later. First priority goes to renewals, so that current subscribers don't get "bumped" by newcomers. Then, between Jan 15 and the first day of single-game sales, new plan customers get their pick of the available seats. What's left goes to the single-gamers.
                          Thank you for pointing out what I already knew...

Anyway, that still doesn't change the fact that January 15th is way too early to have renewals due. If you're favoring current plan holders, shouldn't you give them more time to renew rather than give new plan holders more than a month between the renewal deadline and the date single-game tix go on sale?
                          Outfield

Comment

Thank you for pointing out what I already knew...

Anyway, that still doesn't change the fact that January 15th is way too early to have renewals due. If you're favoring current plan holders, shouldn't you give them more time to renew rather than give new plan holders more than a month between the renewal deadline and the date single-game tix go on sale?
                            My guess is that most plan holders, with 3+ months between season's end and Jan 15, have made up their minds, just as almost everyone posting in this thread have. Personally, I'd like to have more time before coughing up the dough, and if I didn't renew my current seats I could still have an extra month to choose new ones. I'd rather have had the team say they needed only a deposit by Jan 15, with the full amount due later, but I don't have that choice.
                            TPFKABM

Comment

The Wilpons must think that only REAL Mets fan have more disposable income, from what I see...

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
                                The Wilpons must think that only REAL Mets fan have more disposable income, from what I see...
                                What are they doing that's different from the owners of the Knicks/Rangers, Devils, Islanders, Jets, Giants, Devils, and Yankees?
                                TPFKABM

Comment

Working...
                                X