No announcement yet.

MILLEDGE TRADED TO NATS - DEVELOPING...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MILLEDGE TRADED TO NATS - DEVELOPING...

Ryan Church and Brian Schneider is the return.

Benigno show interrupted to confirm this. They are BLASTING IT on WFAN.
    M&MD will likely elaborate more with Ed Coleman in a few, after 1PM

(Edited at 12:55 PM)
    Liberals aren't the problem... they are what allow the problem(s) to exist.

WTF?

Comment

Updated...

Comment

Just tuned in...

Brian Snyder and Ryan Church???

Comment

I was waiting for an opportunity to link to this:

Comment

Your Season Has Come!

Comment

Omar couldn't even get one of their relievers as well (ie Rauch, etc)

This is already a bad trade, unless he is going to flip Schneider and a package to the O's for Bedard and Hernandez, but I doubt it...

Comment

Hence, my avatar. Limp dick mr meh...

I don't even have words at this point...

Comment

I don't even like it offensively. Church isn't bad but adding two lefties? He better flip Schneider in a deal with someone else because A) He sucks and B) This will not help the Mets against lefties.

Comment

Originally posted by metman View Post
                    Hence, my avatar. Limp dick mr meh...

I don't even have words at this point...
                    I have a few words, but I'd be banned from the site.

Geez, a 235 hitting catcher and a 275 hitting OF. Whoopeee!!! Can't wait to hear Omar justify this one. Maybe he's stockpiling mediocre catchers the same way that he stockpiled mediocre pitchers in years past. Look how well that worked out!

Comment

NOBODY WANTED MILLEDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

(Originally posted by Attorney General Barr)
                      "it also does not exonerate him"
                      ​​​
                      Semper Fortis......De Oppresso Liber

Comment

Update: Mets were told from A's/Orioles to 'move on' regarding Milledge. There was no interest at all. That preceded this deal.

From M&MD. They spoke with the owner, who confirmed this. Nobody wanted Milledge. But why trade him, just play him. Right? It shows that our beliefs were accurate, they really did NOT want him here, which I figured was the case. Just as we knew they wouldn't hesitate to shed LoDuca as well. That's the Wilpon way, for those who know him well enough over the last 2 decades.

(personality issues/controversy causes him to lean towards moving on from players)

Comment

My initial thoughts (after I stopped screaming and throwing things) are that Milledge's downside is that he becomes exactly what Church is now, and that Schnieder stinks and won't help any more than Estrada, who I figure will be non-tendered. I know Schnieder has a good defensive reputation, but he can't hit at all, and that shouldn't be worth as much as it looks like the Mets paid in a trade.

Unless Church and Schneider are the pieces that are helping to get some top-flight starting pitcher, this trade looks awful and senseless.
                          Originally posted by Busyman, September 28, 2008
                          1. Fire Omar
                          2. Re-hire Omar so you can fire him again
                          3. Literally set Omar on fire.

Comment

This proves it. You really can't trade Milledge when his value is at its lowest.

Comment

Originally posted by metman View Post
                              Ryan Church and Brian Schneider is the return.

Benigno show interrupted to confirm this. They are BLASTING IT on WFAN.
                              M&MD will likely elaborate more with Ed Coleman in a few, after 1PM

(Edited at 12:55 PM)
                              M&MD started with the trade. A few highlights -
                              Most Mets fans won't like it
                              Other teams indicated no interest in Milledge.
                              Good move by the Nationals.
                              Expect Estrada will be released.
                              Mets won't trade Carlos Gomez - will get a shot in RF
                              Omar's always been high on Brian Schneider
                              To be fair to the Mets, they're not stupid. They made a couple of calls and found out no one wanted Milledge.
                              Church is useful, useful (a ringing endorsement from Mike)

Comment

Working...
                              X