Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Omar really fix this mess in an offseason???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Omar really fix this mess in an offseason???

Obviously, I am stumped as to why this team collapsed. I honestly believe it is multifactorial: aging and relatively inexperienced players who tired easily, Omar grouping together players who play well in April but succumb to pressure, Omar gambling on player's abilities, Willie's managerial inexperience, the Sports Illustrated curse, and again players just not performing.

That said, can this be fixed in an offseason and if so how? Who should stay and who should go? (inlcuding managers, coaches, and players). Also can this be turned around in an offseason?

Also, has your confidence in Omar to fix things been shattered? I must admit that after this year, I realize that he is a bit overrated at this stage but still capable of great things, including putting together a championship team.

I personally believe that all emphasis in repairing this mess has to be placed on all aspects of our pitching. Pitching wins championships. We saw this in the NLCS last year and we have seen this again this September.

I expect of myriad of excuses and pretty much the same club next season.

I will say that I hated the cronyism when Leiter and Franco were running the team, and as a Hispanic, I hate this even more...

Comment

How bout we start by firing Omar and get Terry Ryan in here.
      Fire willy and bring in ... hrmm... a magic 8 ball may be better, it trusts it's gut.

Out with the old... in with the new... I'd rather see all the older players gone replaced with young blood even if that sets us off to looking toward the future.
      I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post

I will say that I hated the cronyism when Leiter and Franco were running the team, and as a Hispanic, I hate this even more...
        Maybe I'm relying too much on intuition but don't you get the feeling there is almost a "team within a team" here, Delgado being the de facto leader of the insurgency (pun intended)? Knowing how "outspoken" Delgado is, how much Omar coveted him, and how much guys like Reyes look up to him, I get the feeling there is much more going on in the clubhouse than any of us are privy to.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Cee View Post
          Maybe I'm relying too much on intuition but don't you get the feeling there is almost a "team within a team" here, Delgado being the de facto leader of the insurgency (pun intended)? Knowing how "outspoken" Delgado is, how much Omar coveted him, and how much guys like Reyes look up to him, I get the feeling there is much more going on in the clubhouse than any of us are privy to.
          Whatever it is, it is a f*cking mess that is way over Willie's head, IMO.

Comment

You can bank on it. At least next year we'll be expecting medicore, subpar, who gives a crap play from this team, so it won't bug us like this year. We'll just find something better to do with our time.

Comment

For what it's worth, Chass says willie's gone...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/29/sp...tml?ref=sports

Comment

Peterson should NOT go through this unscathed, but my guess is he will.

Comment

Peterson should NOT go through this unscathed, but my guess is he will.
                  The Wilpons give him two thumbs up! 89 MPH to victory!

Comment

I think he can. There is still a lot of talent here.

But he said all sorts of nice things after game 7 last year which he didn't deliver on. lucky for him he got a HUGE pass from the fans because of 2006.

this offseason, not being able to close a deal that needs to happen is no longer an excuse.

personally I'd love to see him try to buy low on dontrelle.
                    I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
                    http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

Comment

Originally posted by ambler View Post
                      For what it's worth, Chass says willie's gone...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/29/sp...tml?ref=sports
                      I skimmed the article but didn't see where he said that...
                      I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
                      http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

Comment

I feel Omar created this mess he should be the first thrown out of the helicopter. Followed closely by Randolph, Peterson and the rest of this buch of bozos. New York City and area deserved better. Anything less is another General Betrayus.

Comment

I guess we can all finally agree that Delcrappo for Jacobs, Petit and millions was a dud.

The Mets desperately need a fully recovered Sanchez and Burgos next year and to bid adieu to Sosa and Mota. They need a youngish ace type(Santana) to replace glavine and Duque. They need to dump Crappo, get in the Arod sweepstakes and move Wright to 1st. They need to fire willie.

A repeat of last offseason Bell for Johnson, Bannister for Burgos, Adkins, Lawrence etc etc wont cut it.
                          “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
                            I feel Omar created this mess he should be the first thrown out of the helicopter. Followed closely by Randolph, Peterson and the rest of this buch of bozos. New York City and area deserved better. Anything less is another General Betrayus.
                            Unc, the Scarface reference is absolutely special.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Cee View Post
                              Unc, the Scarface reference is absolutely special.
                              Oh yeah. LMAO.

"Omar Minaya. His garbage was recognized by one of my associates during lunch..."

Comment

Working...
                              X