No announcement yet.

IGT 3/31/08 Mets v Marlins - Let's Lay the Past to Rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody catch the end of that Barfs game?? Man, could Jason Bay look more like he was playing for Atlanta in letting that pop up drop???

At least they lost...

Catch those freakin' Nats... It's the Milledge Factor...
    "No, I mean, well, no. I don't regret. I don't, I don't regret saying. I mean I regret saying, you know, you know what I'm saying. I mean, I stand by the things that I said, but I don't regret, I regret saying, that in that forum. That was not the proper forum."

-Omar Minaya

Comment

• Updated IGT standings:

KO 1-0.

Comment

• Heilman was absolutely filthy in the 9th

oh and rofl at this:

"It's nice and good when you get those types of ovations. I'm just going to keep doing my job, keep people happy and clapping."
        -- Johan Santana
        Last edited by MrHat; 04-01-2008, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrHat View Post
          Heilman was absolutely filthy in the 9th

oh and rofl at this:
          If he pitches like that every time out, I'll clap till my hands bleed. (Well, hopefully not literally, but I will clap).
          I’m just talking about the most basic aspects of team ownership and stewardship. These guys aren’t just bad at it; they’re the definition of dysfunctional. If the Mets were their kid, Child Services would’ve whisked the team into foster care years ago.
          http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/11/...ggest-turkeys/

Comment

• Other than Delgado looking like crap and Wright's dopey attempted steal of third with Beltran up everything went about as well as you can expect(Steamboat did turn it into an adventure in the 8th with stupid Manager tricks) I don't like that he's signed for four years but I think Castillo is gonna have a solid season. Outside of Wright Castillo has the teams best at bats(working the count, fouling off pitches and drawing walks) Santana had some struggles in the middle of the game but otherwise was terrific. Santana got stronger later in the game which is always good news. I still can't believe Gonzalez didn't have a righty ready to face Wright in the 4th. I swear I've never ever seen a worse fielding team than the Marlins.
            For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
            .343/.481/.600 /1.081

Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
            .419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

• Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
              Some questions for those who were able to watch:

1) What was the top speed Johan was getting on his fastball?

2) Did he utilize his slider much? I remember there being some concern over him not trusting it as much last season.
              He was throwing his fastball at 91-92(he hit 93 a couple of times) all game long. As far as his slider he probably threw half a dozen sliders if that.
              .343/.481/.600 /1.081

.419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post
                Moot anyway, but now you just proved that Wise and Schoenweis probably aren't to be trusted in any big spot.
                Huh? Schoenweis did his job. We can only hope that Steamboat has finally realized that Schoenweis is a loogy.
                .343/.481/.600 /1.081

.419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

• Originally posted by graves9 View Post
                  Other than Delgado looking like crap and Wright's dopey attempted steal of third with Beltran up everything went about as well as you can expect(Steamboat did turn it into an adventure in the 8th with stupid Manager tricks) I don't like that he's signed for four years but I think Castillo is gonna have a solid season. Outside of Wright Castillo has the teams best at bats(working the count, fouling off pitches and drawing walks) Santana had some struggles in the middle of the game but otherwise was terrific. Santana got stronger later in the game which is always good news. I still can't believe Gonzalez didn't have a righty ready to face Wright in the 4th. I swear I've never ever seen a worse fielding team than the Marlins.
                  Dont forget Reyes' brain lock not getting an out on an easy ground ball....which started the managers tricks to begin with. Its that kind of play that really should be ruled an error.

Comment

• I can't wait to see Pedro pitch tonight.

Comment

Working...
                    X