Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGT Sept 2, 2007 - Glavine's Last Stand (??)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IGT Sept 2, 2007 - Glavine's Last Stand (??)

    It's possibly Tom Glavine's last Atl start, and (s)he's up against his (her) buddy and Met killer John Smoltz as the New York Metropolitans go for a rare sweep at their personal House of Horrors.

    Lineups to follow.
    Your Daily Rayne Summers Moment...
    http://www.leasticoulddo.com/




    Mitt Romney SUCKS.

  • #2
    It seems like these two are matched up every time we play the Braves. Hope the Mets have their hitting shoes on today. I will be interested to see if Reyes has the day off today. I think Willie said he was looking to get him a day off sometime soon and with them winning the first two games this might be the spot. Did they call up someone yet who could play SS?
    NickPapagiorgio Posting Alert System (current status): Green

    Comment


    • #3
      Glavine pitched with major gonads against the Phils only to have the pen blow it. I wonder if that will have a pyschological affect on him this time.
      The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NickPapagiorgio View Post
        It seems like these two are matched up every time we play the Braves. Hope the Mets have their hitting shoes on today. I will be interested to see if Reyes has the day off today. I think Willie said he was looking to get him a day off sometime soon and with them winning the first two games this might be the spot. Did they call up someone yet who could play SS?
        Reyes has had a nice series if they wanna give him a rest give him one against the Reds not the Braves.
        For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
        .343/.481/.600 /1.081

        Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
        .419/.431/.671/1.102

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by graves9 View Post
          Reyes has had a nice series if they wanna give him a rest give him one against the Reds not the Braves.
          Oh I agree, just saying I wouldn't be shocked to see him sitting today.
          NickPapagiorgio Posting Alert System (current status): Green

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NickPapagiorgio View Post
            Oh I agree, just saying I wouldn't be shocked to see him sitting today.
            Mets need to go for the kill today. There's a good chance the Phils win today so they need to keep the lead at 3 games and bury the Braves.

            This team has had a problem many times this year putting the final stake in the heart.
            The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

            Comment


            • #7
              Comeon Glavine, intimidate Francouer for what he did yesterday with that heater of yours.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NickPapagiorgio View Post
                Did they call up someone yet who could play SS?
                Does Gotay count?
                My bone bruise is only at 79.52%.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mets' Lineup:

                  SS Jose Reyes
                  2B Luis Castillo
                  3B David Wright
                  CF Carlos Beltran
                  1B Carlos Delgado
                  LF Moises Alou
                  RF Shawn Green
                  C Paul Lo Duca
                  LHP Tom Glavine

                  That's not a typo. Delgado is back at #5 in the order.
                  My bone bruise is only at 79.52%.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MajorRanger35 View Post
                    Mets' Lineup:

                    SS Jose Reyes
                    2B Luis Castillo
                    3B David Wright
                    CF Carlos Beltran
                    1B Carlos Delgado
                    LF Moises Alou
                    RF Shawn Green
                    C Paul Lo Duca
                    LHP Tom Glavine

                    That's not a typo. Delgado is back at #5 in the order.
                    Moving up the lefty vs. Smoltz.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by graves9 View Post
                      Reyes has had a nice series if they wanna give him a rest give him one against the Reds not the Braves.
                      Run on sentence. Poor punctuation.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RkFast View Post
                        Run on sentence. Poor punctuation.
                        Wow you may have find a use for yourself. Disgusting...........
                        For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
                        .343/.481/.600 /1.081

                        Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
                        .419/.431/.671/1.102

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Atlanta lineup:

                          Y. Escobar ss
                          M. Diaz lf
                          C. Jones 3b
                          M. Teixeira 1b
                          J. Francoeur rf
                          A. Jones cf
                          B. McCann c
                          K. Johnson 2b
                          J. Smoltz p
                          My bone bruise is only at 79.52%.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Did...Did Ronnie just say he was tossing some serious salad up there???
                            BBBV!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Glavine showing the young pitchers how it's done.
                              For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
                              .343/.481/.600 /1.081

                              Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
                              .419/.431/.671/1.102

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X