Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trax just was traded to Cubs by the way

Comment

• I'm sure the Wrigley faithful are creaming themselves over this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Metsiac View Post
        Edited for accuracy.
        fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
          No, Floyd. And if you read my first post in this thread, you wouldn't make such an inane comment. Or maybe you did, and would anyway.

At any rate, all I said was that IF he were here all season, and pitched in all the games that instead were started by Lawrence/Vargas/Williams/Pelfrey, we'd have a much better record today.

Are you saying we wouldn't?
          Sosa was the #5 starter for the majority of the season, and while he got pounded his last half dozen or so starts he was still having a better year than your boy.
          Last edited by graves9; 08-31-2007, 10:34 PM.
          For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
          .343/.481/.600 /1.081

Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
          .419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

• Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
            The thing that needs to be factored is the ridiculous run support Trachsel was getting last season.

With the way the Mets offense has been, he'd be nowhere near those magical, astounding, stupendous 15 wins he achieved last season.
            And the fact that Pelfrey got 2.8 runs for his starts. I'd like to see Trachsel ring up his 15 wins with that kind of support.
            "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

• Originally posted by graves9 View Post
              Sosa was the #5 starter for the majority of the season, and while he got pounded his last dozen or so starts he was still having a better year than your boy.
              maybe, maybe half dozen, but he was not pitching that bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post
                And the fact that Pelfrey got 2.8 runs for his starts. I'd like to see Trachsel ring up his 15 wins with that kind of support.
                In the month of August, in 6 starts (2 vs the Red Sox), Trax had 2 games where he gave up 3 R, none with more. Pelfrey has had ZERO with less than 3.
                TPFKABM

Comment

In the month of August, in 6 starts (2 vs the Red Sox), Trax had 2 games where he gave up 3 R, none with more. Pelfrey has had ZERO with less than 3.
                  once again the point sails squarely around the plains of Medford and crash lands on the shores of sanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by 15 Day DL Alou View Post
                    maybe, maybe half dozen, but he was not pitching that bad.
                    You're right,I actually meant to write half dozen but there were some really fugly starts in there including one against a weak hitting team like the Gnats.
                    .343/.481/.600 /1.081

.419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

You're right, but there were some really fugly starts in there including one against a weak hitting team like the Gnats.
                      I believe he hit a wall, he has not piled up the innings as a starter over the years, but in a day and age when you counted on two maybe three relievers to bulk the majority of your relief innings, he would have fit that role perfectly.

Comment

What is the Mets' record in the games started by the #5s?
                        12-19 for games started by the Mets #5 starters.

9-16 for games started by Trash this year.

Again...MUCH better? Doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrHat View Post
                          12-19 for games started by the Mets #5 starters.
                          I'm guessing that includes Sosa's starts. If so, that evades my point about Trax vs the Pelfrey/Lawrence/Vargas/Williams starts.
                          TPFKABM

Comment

I'm guessing that includes Sosa's starts. If so, that evades my point about Trax vs the Pelfrey/Lawrence/Vargas/Williams starts.
                            Terrific job ignoring that fact that Hat put out the O's terrible record(9-16) with the Thrashman on the mound.
                            .343/.481/.600 /1.081

.419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

Terrific job ignoring that fact that Hat put out the O's terrible record(9-16) with the Thrashman on the mound.

I guess you both missed this in my earlier post:

From CBS.com:

Quote:
                              Orioles SP Steve Trachsel allowed one run and five hits in six innings during a no-decision Wednesday against the Devil Rays. Instead of earning his seventh win, he was betrayed by the bullpen and received his 11th no-decision in 25 starts.
                              (Updated 08/29/2007).
                              But it's interesting that his 15 Ws in '06 "don't count" because of his ERA and peripherals, yet now his W/L is important, while he pitches for an awful team with a terrible pen.
                              TPFKABM

Comment

No, your point was Trash vs. the #5 starters. Sosa was part of that collection.
                                "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Working...
                                X