The Fire Willie Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
    Yeah, 10 ER in 38 IP is too terrible to think about, even with 2 of his 6 starts vs a pushover team like the Red Sox.

We'd be in BIG trouble if he was that crappy pitching for the Mets in August, wouldn't we?
    Bill, do you even have any sense what this guy has done month to month, start to start, all common sense even his own statistics this year say that his August is more Hudini than Traxabulous. He has walked more hitters than he has struckout, every month, for the entire season, and for someone you seem so willing to put to rest you keep coming right back on and defending him, all the way back to you incredibly weak kneed re-entry as rey-YES and the Stevie Awards, which WHOOPS you already put on another website as Metsiac, sheesh.

Trachsel is a walking gong show, but we get it, you would take him and his shrew to the bank.

Comment

• Originally posted by 15 Day DL Alou View Post
      you would take him and his shrew to the bank.
      No, Floyd. And if you read my first post in this thread, you wouldn't make such an inane comment. Or maybe you did, and would anyway.

At any rate, all I said was that IF he were here all season, and pitched in all the games that instead were started by Lawrence/Vargas/Williams/Pelfrey, we'd have a much better record today.

Are you saying we wouldn't?
      TPFKABM

Comment

• Guys, this is a fire Willie thread. enough with the trash talking
        BBBV!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeymoves View Post
          Guys, this is a fire Willie thread. enough with the trash talking
          The only thing missing in the "Fire Willie" part is poor Jerome from Kew Gardens. If he were a Mets fan instead of the Yankees, and knew how to use a computer, he'd outdo all the Willie-bashers here.
          TPFKABM

Comment

No, Floyd. And if you read my first post in this thread, you wouldn't make such an inane comment. Or maybe you did, and would anyway.

At any rate, all I said was that IF he were here all season, and pitched in all the games that instead were started by Lawrence/Vargas/Williams/Pelfrey, we'd have a much better record today.

Do you even realize how stupid it is when you call my Floyd? No, because you keep doing it is some twisted Bill-Rey logic that seems intent on fascinating that I am hiding behind this different "Alou" moniker.

Further, I read what you wrote, and it is clear as ever, you fancy Trachsel.

Comment

Given that Trashcan pitches worse the better the team is I can't say we'd have a *much* better record with him here because he'd likely have an era well over 5 again. 2-3 games better? sure, but not 7-8 games better to make it "much" better.

The O's have gone on to win only about 35% of the games he's started.

Comment

Do you even realize how stupid it is when you call my Floyd? No, because you keep doing it is some twisted Bill-Rey logic that seems intent on fascinating that I am hiding behind this different "Alou" moniker.

Further, I read what you wrote, and it is clear as ever, you fancy Trachsel.
                I never denied, Floyd, that I like Trachsel, whatever "fancy" means.

And as long as you persist in calling me by my former handle, I'll return the favor. You gotta problem wit dat?
                TPFKABM

Comment

• bill-reeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy bill-reeeeeeeeeeyyyyy bill-reeeeeyyyyyyy bill-reeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy

biiiillllll-reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy

bill-reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy

Comment

• Originally posted by KingOlerud View Post
                    bill-reeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy bill-reeeeeeeeeeyyyyy bill-reeeeeyyyyyyy bill-reeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy

biiiillllll-reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy

bill-reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy
                    btw...nice touch with Dr. Jack

Comment

I never denied, Floyd, that I like Trachsel, whatever "fancy" means.

And as long as you persist in calling me by my former handle, I'll return the favor. You gotta problem wit dat?
                      I dont have a problem with it, but I still do not think you get it, at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrHat View Post
                        Given that Trashcan pitches worse the better the team is I can't say we'd have a *much* better record with him here because he'd likely have an era well over 5 again. 2-3 games better? sure, but not 7-8 games better to make it "much" better.

The O's have gone on to win only about 35% of the games he's started.
                        What is the Mets' record in the games started by the #5s?
                        TPFKABM

Comment

I still do not think, at all.
                          Edited for accuracy.
                          TPFKABM

Comment

What is the Mets' record in the games started by the #5s?
                            The thing that needs to be factored is the ridiculous run support Trachsel was getting last season.

With the way the Mets offense has been, he'd be nowhere near those magical, astounding, stupendous 15 wins he achieved last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
                              The thing that needs to be factored is the ridiculous run support Trachsel was getting last season.

With the way the Mets offense has been, he'd be nowhere near those magical, astounding, stupendous 15 wins he achieved last season.
                              If he just had the same W/L he's had so far in Baltimore, we'd be ahead of the game. But with our team instead of the Os, it should be better. No 15 Ws, but .500 or better.

From CBS.com:

Orioles SP Steve Trachsel allowed one run and five hits in six innings during a no-decision Wednesday against the Devil Rays. Instead of earning his seventh win, he was betrayed by the bullpen and received his 11th no-decision in 25 starts.
                              (Updated 08/29/2007).
                              TPFKABM

Comment

• Well, he'll have a better team behind him than the O's for the rest of the season---and maybe some P-S games.

He's just been traded to the Cubs!
                                TPFKABM

Comment

Working...
                                X