The Fire Willie Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
    We've sunk to such a low that we are now pining for STEVE F*CKING TRACHSEL?

Geez.
    It's not that he was "great" , it's just that what we have now isn't as good. the idea is to get better not worse. Everyone knew that Pedro wasn't going to be a factor this year. We REALLY needed a # 1 pitcher. Instead we got a bunch of garbage and took out the Trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
      I'd like to see someone pitch that awful and still win the 15 games he didn't win for us this year. Bottom line, 15 wins. I don't care if the rob old ladies to get them wins. I NEVER said Trachsel deserved the 15 wins. He just got them. Trash ate up innings. Nobody can win with five pitchers who go about 5 or 6 innings.
      Nonsense. He pitched for 164.2 innings over 30 starts. That's not even 5 2/3 innings per start. So, on your premise that nobody can with five pitchers who go about 5 or 6 innings, how do you fit in a guy that routinely only just went over 5?
      "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

We've sunk to such a low that we are now pining for STEVE F*CKING TRACHSEL?

Geez.

I was his biggest supporter here, and I'm happy to see him doing even better in the Big, Bad, ALE (which was supposed to chew him up and spit him out) than he did here last year. But there's no doubt in my mind that he had played out his string at Shea after last season.

There was no reason for Omar to re-sign him, and there's no reason for Omar to try to get him back. That case is closed.

But there's no doubt in my mind that if all of the Lawrence/Pelfrey/Vargas/Williams games this season were started by Trax instead, we'd be comfortably in front of the division now.
        TPFKABM

Comment

Trachsel...good grief. Trachsel.

Comment

Agreed. How Trachsel EVER was brought into the Mets current ills, and into this discussion is beyond me

I am still very happy he is gone, even with all of our problems. Enough said.
            Last edited by Mr. Met; 08-31-2007, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
              I was his biggest supporter here, and I'm happy to see him doing even better in the Big, Bad, ALE (which was supposed to chew him up and spit him out) than he did here last year. But there's no doubt in my mind that he had played out his string at Shea after last season.

There was no reason for Omar to re-sign him, and there's no reason for Omar to try to get him back. That case is closed.

But there's no doubt in my mind that if all of the Lawrence/Pelfrey/Vargas/Williams games this season were started by Trax instead, we'd be comfortably in front of the division now.
              6-8, ERA in the mid 4s, a WHIP of about 1.6?

He's doing wonderful...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Met View Post
                Agreed. How Trachsel EVER got brought into the Mets current ills, and into this discussion is beyond me

I am still very happy he is gone, even with all of our problems. Enough said.
                And I can't get blamed for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post

Bill, before you start singing the praises of Trachsel look a little deeper into his incredibly fortunate August. Much like his April and May he has actually WALKED more hitters than he struck out. That combo came back to bite him in the ass royaly in June and July. I suspect it will in September too.

Comment

He's doing wonderful...
                    I particularly like the...I don't want him here, but if we had him...approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by 15 Day DL Alou View Post
                      Bill, before you start singing the praises of Trachsel look a little deeper into his incredibly fortunate August. Much like his April and May he has actually WALKED more hitters than he struck out. That combo came back to bite him in the ass royaly in June and July. I suspect it will in September too.
                      Yeah, 10 ER in 38 IP is too terrible to think about, even with 2 of his 6 starts vs a pushover team like the Red Sox.

We'd be in BIG trouble if he was that crappy pitching for the Mets in August, wouldn't we?

LAST 6 GAMES

OPP W L SV IP H ER BB SO
                      08/01 @BOS 0 0 0 6.0 5 0 5 2
                      08/07 SEA 0 0 0 5.2 8 2 3 1
                      08/12 BOS 0 0 0 6.1 10 3 3 1
                      08/18 @TOR 1 0 0 6.2 8 3 1 1
                      08/23 MIN 0 1 0 7.1 4 1 2 0
                      08/29 TB 0 0 0 6.0 5 1 4 3
                      TPFKABM

Comment

• Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post

He's doing wonderful...

Who said "wonderful"? Besides you, that is.

And aren't you the guy who said Ws don't count when he got 15 last year? That they're team-based, or luck-based, or something-else-besides-pitching based?

How'd you like to have this guy?:

W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR BB SO
                        2007 9 11 4.59 28 27 0 0 0 0 160.2 150 88 82 20 69 111
                        And these numbers are in the "easy" NLW.
                        TPFKABM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post

And aren't you the guy who said Ws don't count when he got 15 last year? That they're team-based, or luck-based, or something-else-besides-pitching based?
                          I guess "they" said this...

I'm happy to see him doing even better in the Big, Bad, ALE (which was supposed to chew him up and spit him out) than he did here last year
                          So how is he doing "better".. I don't know about you, but ERAs in the high 4 ( I don't care what division or league) with WHIP fast approaching 2... I am not impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post

How'd you like to have this guy?:

And these numbers are in the "easy" NLW.
                            You're confusing me with someone who actually cares about what Zito has (or has not done) in SF. So I wanted him here, big friggin whoop. I also said (like many others) that the price had to be right. But hey, ignore that so you can take pot shots at me.

Comment

You're confusing me with someone who actually cares about what Zito has (or has not done) in SF. So I wanted him here, big friggin whoop. I also said (like many others) that the price had to be right. But hey, ignore that so you can take pot shots at me.
                              Whatever the price was (I believe you said you'd offer something in the $15-20 mil per year range), you weren't getting him for less than 5 guaranteed years.
                              TPFKABM

Comment

I guess "they" said this...

So how is he doing "better".. I don't know about you, but ERAs in the high 4 ( I don't care what division or league) with WHIP fast approaching 2... I am not impressed.
                                You didn't say that AL ERAs were equivalent to NL ERAs about .5-1.00 lower?

Whether you did or not, my "better" was in comparison to his NL ERA. He was at 4.90 at the end of '06, but 4.48 in the "tougher" league now. His WHIP is 1.57 vs last year's 1.59, and he's not throwing to pitchers every 9th AB this year.

Is that "better" or "worse"?
                                Last edited by Rey-YES; 08-31-2007, 01:09 PM.
                                TPFKABM

Comment

Working...
                                X