X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deepleft34 View Post
    WRONGWRONGWRONG!!!!!

open your eyes dude.

When Willie arrived, so did the players with the pedigrees to win.
    Carlos Beltran in his prime
    David Wright came into his own
    Jose Reyes came into his own
    Pedro Martinez
    Paul LoDuca
    Carlos Delgado

If Booby V had any of those players on his 2000 WS team roster....any of them...he wins the WS. Instead he came a couple of games short with an OF of Agbayani, Payton and Shinjo. Wake the fu(k up man.
    Thank you.

15 Day, if you'd like, drop the Belichick part of my argument (though I'd say his work with the Giants, Pats and Jets as a coordinator and Pats as a HC overwhelms the poor seasons in Cleveland, but whatever). It still stands.
    My bone bruise is only at 79.52%.

Comment

yes, because you would rather none of those pitchers over:

Brian Lawrence
      Claudio Vargas
      Chan Ho Park
      Dave Williams
      and the not ready for prime time Mike Pelfrey.
      Those guys are capable of sucking just as much as the one's on your list, only they do it at rock bottom prices, both in terms of salary and trade cost...
      "Jeff is the problem with the organization, and he is never going to realize that. He cannot help himself. He has to be involved. He will never hire anyone who will not let him have major input. He will not hire anyone who does not run every personnel decision through him."

Comment

WRONGWRONGWRONG!!!!!

open your eyes dude.

Pedro Martinez
        Paul LoDuca
        Carlos Delgado

If Booby V had any of those players on his 2000 WS team roster....any of them...he wins the WS. Instead he came a couple of games short with an OF of Agbayani, Payton and Shinjo. Wake the fu(k up man.
        whatever, here we go woe is me, Bobby Valentine only had Mike Piazza, Edgardo Alfonzo, Robin Ventura, Jon Olerud, Rickey Henderson, etc etc etc.

I truly liked Bobby Valentine, but no matter which way you shake it he did not get the job done any better.

Of the guys you name above the only one who has been consistent as a player and consistently ON THE FIELD for most since Randolph has arrived is Wright.

My eyes are open, Randolph is no better or worse than any other manager in the game and no better at managing a bullpen that is falling apart at the seams than any other.

Comment

WRONGWRONGWRONG!!!!!

open your eyes dude.

Pedro Martinez
          Paul LoDuca
          Carlos Delgado

Willie won a division can Bobby V say that? Come on Willie has been a winning manager at least give him that.

Comment

Originally posted by joelfreak View Post
            If Bobby was still here, we won last year, and we are winning this year. Not even a question.
            which is why everyone in Japan was lining up to hire Bobby, you guys really are ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by 15 Day DL Alou View Post
              , Randolph is no better or worse than any other manager in the game and no better at managing a bullpen that is falling apart at the seams than any other.

You lost me right there dude. He learned from Torre who is terrible at managing pen

Comment

Originally posted by MajorRanger35 View Post
                Thank you.

15 Day, if you'd like, drop the Belichick part of my argument (though I'd say his work with the Giants, Pats and Jets as a coordinator and Pats as a HC overwhelms the poor seasons in Cleveland, but whatever). It still stands.
                well, ok, then, that makes a lot of sense, or not

Comment

Willie is a winning manager...in a terrible league with the most talent. That's not BECAUSE of him. Just as it's not a manager's fault if the team is brutal, plays poorly and all good decisions are erased by bad play.

What does he DO to create wins? Since you want to give him some credit.
                  Liberals aren't the problem... they are what allow the problem(s) to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                    You lost me right there dude. He learned from Torre who is terrible at managing pen
                    bud, he goes to Mota, he is a fool, he avoids Mota, he is over pitching Sosa, he avoids the both, he is an idiot for bringing in Sele, and on and on and on.

Billy Wagner had not pitched in six days, if he can't get 6 outs once every 9 years that is a shame.

Comment

Buster Olney says they could have had Haren for Milledge straight up...
                      "Jeff is the problem with the organization, and he is never going to realize that. He cannot help himself. He has to be involved. He will never hire anyone who will not let him have major input. He will not hire anyone who does not run every personnel decision through him."

Comment

Originally posted by metman View Post
                        Willie is a winning manager...in a terrible league with the most talent. That's not BECAUSE of him. Just as it's not a manager's fault if the team is brutal, plays poorly and all good decisions are erased by bad play.

What does he DO to create wins? Since you want to give him some credit.
                        No pal, I am just not going to discredit him at the first sign of trouble like you yokels. Since you are so keen on the rest of the managers in the game give me three managers adept at "creating" wins.

Comment

which is why everyone in Japan was lining up to hire Bobby, you guys really are ridiculous.
                          EXACTLY MY POINT

Sorry for yelling, but I would like you to see the forrest through the trees.

Bobby V was not the best manager in the world and he did tick off so many people in Baseball that he is oversees, but two things:

A) he was the last Met manager to have success, so his name needs to be brought into this discussion
                          B) Even though he was not the greatest and tended to overmanage, he IMHO would have this team a near clinched division by now.

Willie puts his lineup out there and does nothing else remotely resembling Managing. His team plays lethargically. He explains things during his post game interviews by saying he had good FUNK?!? He had a hunch?!? Good Feeling?!? Any single one of us could have Willie Randoplh's job and maybe have an identical record. 1-5 game swing either way...but we are not MLB managers and do not deserve to anywhere near a dugout. Willie has gotten here because he was a good player who joined the Yankees staff as a good will move by Steinbrenner if anyone remembers that move, hung around as coach for longer than any aspiring manager should and finally got a job because he was from the fu(king neighborhood? How ridiculous is that?!?
                          "Goaltender is a normal job. Sure. How would you like it if at your job, every time you made the slightest mistake a little red light went on over your head and 18,000 people stood up and screamed at you?" - Jaques Plante, goalie

Comment

bud, he goes to Mota, he is a fool, he avoids Mota, he is over pitching Sosa, he avoids the both, he is an idiot for bringing in Sele, and on and on and on.

Billy Wagner had not pitched in six days, if he can't get 6 outs once every 9 years that is a shame.
                            OK I agree with bringing in Wag's but once he hit 40 pitches how can you say he shouldn't have at least had Heilman come in? No way in hell Mota should pitch two innings. He has over pitched Sosa and Sele pitches once a month so how can he be sharp that way?

Comment

No pal, I am just not going to discredit him at the first sign of trouble like you yokels. Since you are so keen on the rest of the managers in the game give me three managers adept at "creating" wins.
                              The first sign of trouble? I've been ripping on the 'Boat for weeks, even while it looked like the Mets would run away with the NL East. You, of all people, can vouch for me there.

By the way:

Pinella
                              Cox
                              Scioscia
                              My bone bruise is only at 79.52%.

Comment

Willie lets Wagner try and get a 6 out save, something he hasnt done in 8 years after he said he had a tired arm? What a f*cking c*nt!

Comment

Working...
                                X