Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by freakzilla11 View Post
    Apparently he doesn't/didn,t want a coaching job.us
    The guy didn't want to travel a lot. Furthermore, he admits that he couldn't deal with the players of today.

Comment

• Rabble rabble rabble!

"There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Flower Of Life View Post
        Which coach? Bench coach? Hitting coach? Pitching coach?

(Keith couldn't be manager, he barely pays attention and even though I love the guy, he's not the brightest cookie in the jar...seriously)
        Hitting Coach
        Mr. Met- The fans should have rushed the field, and taken a dump on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LAS VEGAS DAVE View Post
          Hitting Coach
          Agreed. He is very adept at dissecting a hitter's weak spots...

Comment

• Originally posted by LAS VEGAS DAVE View Post
            Hitting Coach
            He wouldn't even consider it, unless he's changed his mind recently. He doesn't want any kind of full-time job, which is why he's not on all the SNY telecasts. And the hours and hours of work that being a HC requires would be far more taxing than the announcing job.
            TPFKABM

Comment

• Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
              He is very adept at dissecting a hitter's weak spots...
              I agree. Just ask him, he'll tell you the same.
              Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D.
              Because I fear no man. I feel no pain. This is why I don't play with a full deck. In my world, there are no rules. You wanna step over the line, I'll run across it. And when I turn to look to see how far behind you are, you will see into the soul of the sickest man God's hands have ever created. For those who need a visual, here ya go.

Comment

• I can pick out a hitters weak spot, that does not mean I can convince them they are doing something they need to change. And before anyone say Keith Hernandez can, this is the very reason he said he has no interest in coaching today. He could barely tolerate the younger players coming up in his waning years and has said he could absolutely not deal with the players of today.

Comment

• Originally posted by 15 Day DL Alou View Post
                  I can pick out a hitters weak spot, that does not mean I can convince them they are doing something they need to change. And before anyone say Keith Hernandez can, this is the very reason he said he has no interest in coaching today. He could barely tolerate the younger players coming up in his waning years and has said he could absolutely not deal with the players of today.
                  He'd rather stick to hair coloring product endorsements.
                  The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Must Go View Post
                    He'd rather stick to hair coloring product endorsements.
                    or to a view where when you are wrong the worst thing that happens is you have another broadcast tomorrow, other than looney birds like Mushnik and Raismann who when losing credibility on covering sports have gone to tearing apart the guys who call games, there is really no negative to being an announcer.

unless of course you are Tom McCarthy and you become an unintended cult hero of the mofo.

Comment

I can pick out a hitters weak spot, that does not mean I can convince them they are doing something they need to change. And before anyone say Keith Hernandez can, this is the very reason he said he has no interest in coaching today. He could barely tolerate the younger players coming up in his waning years and has said he could absolutely not deal with the players of today.
                      today's player doesn't listen.

Comment

I don't know if it is that severe, Hernandez has been frank that "HE" doesn't think he could work with them, sort of suggesting he would be equally stubborn in the opposite direction.

Frankly this last three weeks will say a lot about Pinella in my opinion. I do not think his style will help the Cubs at all.

Comment

or to a view where when you are wrong the worst thing that happens is you have another broadcast tomorrow, other than looney birds like Mushnik and Raismann who when losing credibility on covering sports have gone to tearing apart the guys who call games, there is really no negative to being an announcer.

unless of course you are Tom McCarthy and you become an unintended cult hero of the mofo.
                          Cult hero - LMAO!

Comment

There always have been (and always will be) players, especially at the ML level, who don't listen. But there are also former players who were great on the field, and intelligent about the game, who don't have the patience, desire or ability to TEACH.

Ted Williams, arguably the greatest hitter of all time, was a miserable failure as coach/manager. Charlie Lau, a decent but not great hitter, was widely respected as coach. Rick Peterson couldn't make the bigs as a pitcher, but is arguably at the top of all ML PCs.

Some of the most successful mgrs in MLB, past and present---Ron Gardenhire, Sparky Anderson and Walter Alston come to mind---were marginal at best as players.

Keith, like Tim McCarver, is very knowledgeable about the game, and able to explain the intricacies of it on the air. But neither wants to do it on the field, and without that burning desire and work ethic neither would likely be successful as coaches.
                            TPFKABM

Comment

• Just feel like bumping 9 month old threads to see that some people defending Willie, with really no good explanation other than "Omar should go". Has nothing changed?
                              "Goaltender is a normal job. Sure. How would you like it if at your job, every time you made the slightest mistake a little red light went on over your head and 18,000 people stood up and screamed at you?" - Jaques Plante, goalie

Comment

• LMAO! I was wondering how part II of this thread already had 193 posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X