The Fire Willie Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post
    An inferior team "having a shot" at beating the '05 Braves was hardly "falling short of expectations" was it now?

Anything can happen in the playoffs, just look at the fact that the Cards beat the Tigers, the best team in the supposedly superior AL. The Cards played better, tip the hat to them, and if you can't credit Willie for getting the team as far as he did with a spit and tape rotation outside of Glavine, and you think he can somehow use psychic powers to make the offense somehow not **** the bed, then I'm not sure what you want.
    Led, what's going on in your avatar there?
    Theyd done so well up to that point, surprising so many of us with their post-season success, that all I really wanted from their World Series appearance was for them not to embarrass themselves. Win or lose. Just don't sh•• the bed.

Geeze. Thanks, Mets.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Kings_of_Quit View Post
      Led, what's going on in your avatar there?
      Keith is snorting coke off Gary's head. I have to brush up on my photoshop techniques - this is the newest one and, uh, without the manual I'm kinda teaching myself.

And - lol at Metmans little dip into frothing insanity.
      "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

• Originally posted by 15 Day DL Alou View Post
        it will probably be fun to watch you sing this tune for the next four to five years.
        This is one of the very few things you've said during the Willie discussion that I find myself nodding and agreeing with. As long as the Mets keep winning, Willie's not going anywhere. This is unfortunate, IMO, as I think the Mets would win a few more games each season with a better manager at the helm, but it's definitely better than watching the team lose. I'm still going to hope that he gets canned during an offseason sometime, or hope that Georgie comes calling, but I doubt it. Oh well.
        My bone bruise is only at 79.52%.

Comment

• Originally posted by metman View Post
          Stop it. Nobody expected **** in 2005. It's 2006, mid July, they are up 22 million games and have the best talent. The Cards are a 'joke' and we have homefield advantage.

The Mets were suppossed to go to the ws during the year that:

A.) The League was brutal
          B.) The Mets were the best team
          C.) Mets had homefield advantage.

Please, enough. I bet the Mets can never do wrong in your eyes, so why bother having an objective conversation? I guess this year the goal is to just make the nlcs, and if they don't advance, it's still a smashing success. Great, sure.
          lol... I knew you would chime in.

So, the Met roster that entered the 2006 NLDS was supposed to go to the World Series?

What odds did the Mets have in the NLDS with the then glamourous rotation of Maine, Perez, and Glavine?

And what about the loss of Sanchez, Martinez, and Hernandez?

And Wagner giving up 5 runs in 2 2/3 of an inning? Is that Willie's fault for using his closer?

The 2006 NLDS roster included Anderson Hernandez, Michael Tucker, and a crippled Cliff Floyd. Is that a World Series bench?

You can break out the 'Mets can never do wrong in your eyes' bullshit all you want. The difference between you and me is that I don't blame just the manager for the high-priced ballerina's failures.
          Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D.
          Because I fear no man. I feel no pain. This is why I don't play with a full deck. In my world, there are no rules. You wanna step over the line, I'll run across it. And when I turn to look to see how far behind you are, you will see into the soul of the sickest man God's hands have ever created. For those who need a visual, here ya go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
            Is it really that difficult for people to read and comprehend the meaning of:
            Originally posted by Rey-YES
            I was his biggest supporter here, and I'm happy to see him doing even better in the Big, Bad, ALE (which was supposed to chew him up and spit him out) than he did here last year. But there's no doubt in my mind that he had played out his string at Shea after last season.

There was no reason for Omar to re-sign him, and there's no reason for Omar to try to get him back. That case is closed.
            Please Rey, I never said you didn't accept the fact that he was gone, however it was clear from your "Big Bad AL East" rant and your insistence on leaving out Sosa in that nutty 5th starter comparison of yours that you still get misty eyed over "Trax". And I find that hilarious.

Especially considering your obvious antagonism towards Keith and your sort of "he's dead to me" type attitude when Piazza came back to Shea as a Padre last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by NeilAllen View Post
              Please Rey, I never said you didn't accept the fact that he was gone, however it was clear from your "Big Bad AL East" rant and your insistence on leaving out Sosa in that nutty 5th starter comparison of yours that you still get misty eyed over "Trax". And I find that hilarious.

Especially considering your obvious antagonism towards Keith and your sort of "he's dead to me" type attitude when Piazza came back to Shea as a Padre last year.
              And what is your connection between Trax, Keith and Piazza? Is there some "new rule" about having opinions that differ from yours on Keith and Mike?

And where does my statement that Trax would've won more games in the slot occupied by the 4 pitchers I named have anything to do with Sosa, or getting "misty-eyed"? My only point was very simple, until I committed the terrible offense of saying "#5 SPs" in my second post on the subject.

Perhaps it's just your hatred of me that clouds your judgment and makes you find nits to pick in any post I make. But you're entitled to your opinions, even though you don't seem to feel I'm entitled to mine.
              TPFKABM

Comment

• The Fire Willie Movement is entering the "denial" stage...

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeymoves View Post
                  Oh god I hope not. Look, if the mets win with Willie at the helm, I will NEVER say it again...
                  some how, I doubt that

Comment

• Originally posted by MajorRanger35 View Post
                    This is one of the very few things you've said during the Willie discussion that I find myself nodding and agreeing with. As long as the Mets keep winning, Willie's not going anywhere. This is unfortunate, IMO, as I think the Mets would win a few more games each season with a better manager at the helm, but it's definitely better than watching the team lose. I'm still going to hope that he gets canned during an offseason sometime, or hope that Georgie comes calling, but I doubt it. Oh well.
                    You guys are in absolute utter denial of the hudini act Randolph helped this team pull off last October. His playoff rotation was Glavine, TRACHSEL, Maine and Oliver Perez.

And insofar as "Georgie" you Yankeaphobes do realize that he is a drooling shell of himself. You do that don't you?

I really appreciate the individuals on this boards with a brain and the ability to use it. Paulie was someone who when Randolph was hired had a ton of reservations, laid them all out in a rational form, and still when Randolph actually had to manage in the post season could objectively watch given the situation and say he did a good job.

This whole warped notion of win a "few more games" with Cerebro at the helm, who is this genius that lays waiting?

Surely people are going to talk about the majestic Jim Leyland, his team of world series to utter collapse. And I do not want to hear for a second the woe of his roster that a year ago nearly won it all, especially with that young pitching staff.

What of sweet Lou, so firey, so filled with piss vinegar and testosterone. You have to imagine that Grady Little whose payroll is equal that of Chicago's is wondering why his team four games better than the Cubs has no shot at the playoffs while the shrubs are tied for the division lead.

What of firey Bobby Cox. How did his team, with its talent, its pitching, being tied with the Mets in mid May with a .625 winning percentage crumble to be a barely .500 team?

You want to know the difference between Grady Little and Terry Francona?

It was not Little leaving in Pedro. It was a runner stranded at third with one out in the 4th inning and a duck snort to right field by Jorge Posada.

Did Bob Brenly out manage Joe Torre in 2001? Did Jim Leyland out manage Mike Hargrove in 1997?

Comment

And what is your connection between Trax, Keith and Piazza? Is there some "new rule" about having opinions that differ from yours on Keith and Mike?
                      No connections, just fascinated by the ex-mets that you'll still root for is all.

Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
                      And where does my statement that Trax would've won more games in the slot occupied by the 4 pitchers I named have anything to do with Sosa, or getting "misty-eyed"? My only point was very simple, until I committed the terrible offense of saying "#5 SPs" in my second post on the subject.
                      Your point was insane, as Led pointed out to you. Your continued insistence on leaving out Sosa was you trying to construct an argument where "Trax" came out on top and evidence of you getting misty-eyed.

Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
                      Perhaps it's just your hatred of me that clouds your judgment and makes you find nits to pick in any post I make. But you're entitled to your opinions, even though you don't seem to feel I'm entitled to mine.
                      Don't hate you Rey, not at all. You're just fascinating sometimes

Comment

• I guess you're just easily fascinated, Neil. Some other ex-Mets I still root for, without "mist in the eyes", and without necessarily wanting them back, are Floyd, Wiggy, Fonzie, and Bannister.

Do they fascinate you, too?
                        TPFKABM

Comment

I guess you're just easily fascinated, Neil. Some other ex-Mets I still root for, without "mist in the eyes", and without necessarily wanting them back, are Floyd, Wiggy, Fonzie, and Bannister.

Do they fascinate you, too?
                          Not as much, but then again they didn't have to deal with getting stabbed in the back by a shrew ***** the morning they went into battle.

Comment

• i wish keith hernandez was our coach...no i'm serious
                            The original Creepy Ass Cracka

Comment

• Originally posted by kingdiggler View Post
                              i wish keith hernandez was our coach...no i'm serious
                              Apparently he doesn't/didn't want a coaching job.
                              Last edited by freakzilla11; 09-09-2007, 06:41 AM.
                              Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D.
                              Because I fear no man. I feel no pain. This is why I don't play with a full deck. In my world, there are no rules. You wanna step over the line, I'll run across it. And when I turn to look to see how far behind you are, you will see into the soul of the sickest man God's hands have ever created. For those who need a visual, here ya go.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingdiggler View Post
                                i wish keith hernandez was our coach...no i'm serious
                                Which coach? Bench coach? Hitting coach? Pitching coach?

(Keith couldn't be manager, he barely pays attention and even though I love the guy, he's not the brightest cookie in the jar...seriously)

Comment

Working...
                                X