The Fire Willie Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
    What is the Mets' record in the games started by the #5s?
    Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
    Of course Sosa was. But he was NOT part of the group I was comparing Trax to. My bad for asking for the Mets record in all #5 SP games instead of their record in all games started by the names I listed.

So I'll re-phrase it for those who have difficulty comprehending---

WHAT WAS THE METS' RECORD IN GAMES STARTED BY LAWRENCE, VARGAS, PELFREY and WILLIAMS?

Is that clearer?
    Yes, we're all clearly the idiots with reading comprehension. But, great way to win an argument - cherry picking crappy guys only and ignoring the other better contributors to prove how much better Trax would have been in the five hole. So would you have had the amazing foresight to only pitch Trax on certain days, and Sosa on the others to get the maximum output? The fact that you are having to ignore the results of Sosa to prove your point, has actually done a better case of arguing our point than our having to say anything else.
    "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
      I was his biggest supporter here, and I'm happy to see him doing even better in the Big, Bad, ALE (which was supposed to chew him up and spit him out) than he did here last year.

But there's no doubt in my mind that if all of the Lawrence/Pelfrey/Vargas/Williams games this season were started by Trax instead, we'd be comfortably in front of the division now.
      Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
      Of course Sosa was. But he was NOT part of the group I was comparing Trax to. My bad for asking for the Mets record in all #5 SP games instead of their record in all games started by the names I listed.

So I'll re-phrase it for those who have difficulty comprehending---

WHAT WAS THE METS' RECORD IN GAMES STARTED BY LAWRENCE, VARGAS, PELFREY and WILLIAMS?

Is that clearer?
      Looking over the forum earlier this week to get caught up on what I missed here over the weekend I gotta say this thread was my favorite find. I still love how Bill, the man who regularly trashes Keith and makes references to Piazza's ego can continue to get misty-eyed at the thought of Steve Freaking Trachsel (of all people) in another uniform. It never gets old.

The man's a treasure. Rey please don't ever even THINK about leaving again.

Comment

• This really did turn out to be a good thread. Ironically, the only game I got to see in person last year was Trashcan losing to the Sillies. Even though it was a rain-shortened game, it was still the longest game ever. And I thought all he did was win games. Boy was I wrong.
        The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Must Go View Post
          This really did turn out to be a good thread. Ironically, the only game I got to see in person last year was Trashcan losing to the Sillies. Even though it was a rain-shortened game, it was still the longest game ever. And I thought all he did was win games. Boy was I wrong.
          Hey, any thread that calls for Willie's dismissal is ok by me
          BBBV!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeymoves View Post
            Hey, any thread that calls for Willie's dismissal is ok by me
            it will probably be fun to watch you sing this tune for the next four to five years.

Comment

• Originally posted by NeilAllen View Post
              Looking over the forum earlier this week to get caught up on what I missed here over the weekend I gotta say this thread was my favorite find. I still love how Bill, the man who regularly trashes Keith and makes references to Piazza's ego can continue to get misty-eyed at the thought of Steve Freaking Trachsel (of all people) in another uniform. It never gets old.

The man's a treasure. Rey please don't ever even THINK about leaving again.
              LOL... Bill, you're too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by 15 Day DL Alou View Post
                it will probably be fun to watch you sing this tune for the next four to five years.
                Oh god I hope not. Look, if the mets win with Willie at the helm, I will NEVER say it again...
                BBBV!!!

Comment

Oh god I hope not. Look, if the mets win with Willie at the helm, I will NEVER say it again...
                  The Mets have done nothing but win with Willie as the manager.
                  Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D.
                  Because I fear no man. I feel no pain. This is why I don't play with a full deck. In my world, there are no rules. You wanna step over the line, I'll run across it. And when I turn to look to see how far behind you are, you will see into the soul of the sickest man God's hands have ever created. For those who need a visual, here ya go.

Comment

• Originally posted by freakzilla11 View Post
                    The Mets have done nothing but win with Willie as the manager.
                    Or fall short from meeting expectations...
                    BBBV!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hojo of 1991 View Post
                      LOL... Bill, you're too much.
                      Is it really that difficult for people to read and comprehend the meaning of:

Originally Posted by Rey-YES
                      I was his biggest supporter here, and I'm happy to see him doing even better in the Big, Bad, ALE (which was supposed to chew him up and spit him out) than he did here last year. But there's no doubt in my mind that he had played out his string at Shea after last season.

There was no reason for Omar to re-sign him, and there's no reason for Omar to try to get him back. That case is closed.
                      TPFKABM

Comment

Or fall short from meeting expectations...
                        What expectations did the Mets have coming out of the Art Howe era?

Pedro comes in and is Pedro. Beltran is signed and pussifies it up. There wasn't much else to that 2005 team. With a pitching staff consisting of Martinez, a vaginal Glavine, Kris 'Don't call me Anna' Benson, Trachsel, Zambrano, and Kaz f'n Ishii the Mets had a 12 win improvement over the previous year.

We all know about 2006. 14 win improvement. No playoff rotation. NLDS. Curveball. Blah blah.

And 2007 is apparently still in progress.

So tell me, what expectations did they fall short of? I fail to see how 54 games over .500, an NL East win, and an NLDS appearance in 2 3/4 years merits firing the manager. I'd also like to know how Randolph, the dumbest manager in baseball, managed to do all of that.
                        Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D.
                        Because I fear no man. I feel no pain. This is why I don't play with a full deck. In my world, there are no rules. You wanna step over the line, I'll run across it. And when I turn to look to see how far behind you are, you will see into the soul of the sickest man God's hands have ever created. For those who need a visual, here ya go.

Comment

Pedro comes in and is Pedro. Beltran is signed and pussifies it up. There wasn't much else to that 2005 team. With a pitching staff consisting of Martinez, a vaginal Glavine, Kris 'Don't call me Anna' Benson, Trachsel, Zambrano, and Kaz f'n Ishii the Mets had a 12 win improvement over the previous year.

We all know about 2006. 14 win improvement. No playoff rotation. NLDS. Curveball. Blah blah.

So tell me, what expectations did they fall short of? I fail to see how 54 games over .500, an NL East win, and an NLDS appearance in 2 3/4 years merits firing the manager. I'd also like to know how Randolph, the dumbest manager in baseball, managed to do all of that.
                          The Yankee like expectation that anything and everything short of a WS title is failure. Duh!
                          "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

They had a shot at taking over the braves and couldn't do it

Best team in the national league got spanked by the Cards in the NLCS. Willie sends Floyd up there to hack...good job

We shall see

!!
                            BBBV!!!

Comment

!!
                              An inferior team "having a shot" at beating the '05 Braves was hardly "falling short of expectations" was it now?

Anything can happen in the playoffs, just look at the fact that the Cards beat the Tigers, the best team in the supposedly superior AL. The Cards played better, tip the hat to them, and if you can't credit Willie for getting the team as far as he did with a spit and tape rotation outside of Glavine, and you think he can somehow use psychic powers to make the offense somehow not **** the bed, then I'm not sure what you want.

Comment

• Stop it. Nobody expected **** in 2005. It's 2006, mid July, they are up 22 million games and have the best talent. The Cards are a 'joke' and we have homefield advantage.

The Mets were suppossed to go to the ws during the year that:

A.) The League was brutal
                                B.) The Mets were the best team
                                C.) Mets had homefield advantage.

Please, enough. I bet the Mets can never do wrong in your eyes, so why bother having an objective conversation? I guess this year the goal is to just make the nlcs, and if they don't advance, it's still a smashing success. Great, sure.
                                Liberals aren't the problem... they are what allow the problem(s) to exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X