The Fire Willie Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post
    No, your point was Trash vs. the #5 starters. Sosa was part of that collection.
    To refresh your memory, here's my first post on the subject:

Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
    I was his biggest supporter here, and I'm happy to see him doing even better in the Big, Bad, ALE (which was supposed to chew him up and spit him out) than he did here last year. But there's no doubt in my mind that he had played out his string at Shea after last season.

There was no reason for Omar to re-sign him, and there's no reason for Omar to try to get him back. That case is closed.

But there's no doubt in my mind that if all of the Lawrence/Pelfrey/Vargas/Williams games this season were started by Trax instead, we'd be comfortably in front of the division now.
    I don't see Sosa's name in there. Do you?
    TPFKABM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
      To refresh your memory, here's my first post on the subject:

I don't see Sosa's name in there. Do you?
      Sosa was imagined, then? Our bad then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post
        No, your point was Trash vs. the #5 starters. Sosa was part of that collection.
        NO NO NO.

Stop imagining things, Led. Sosa was NEVER the 5th starter on this team. He did some good work from that spot, so it doesn't count, and it would totally blow up Bill's lame defense of Trachsel. How dare you?

Comment

• Originally posted by graves9 View Post
          Terrific job ignoring that fact that Hat put out the O's terrible record(9-16) with the Thrashman on the mound.
          C'mon Graves, like his pitching had ANYTHING to do with ANY of those Oriole losses....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
            NO NO NO.

Stop imagining things, Led. Sosa was NEVER the 5th starter on this team.
            Of course Sosa was. But he was NOT part of the group I was comparing Trax to. My bad for asking for the Mets record in all #5 SP games instead of their record in all games started by the names I listed.

So I'll re-phrase it for those who have difficulty comprehending---

WHAT WAS THE METS' RECORD IN GAMES STARTED BY LAWRENCE, VARGAS, PELFREY and WILLIAMS?

Is that clearer?
            TPFKABM

Comment

Of course Sosa was. But he was NOT part of the group I was comparing Trax to. My bad for asking for the Mets record in all #5 SP games instead of their record in all games started by the names I listed.

So I'll re-phrase it for those who have difficulty comprehending---

WHAT WAS THE METS' RECORD IN GAMES STARTED BY LAWRENCE, VARGAS, PELFREY and WILLIAMS?

Is that clearer?
              I love how your searching for anything to sway this is Trax's corner now you wanna remove the guy that was the #5 starter for most of the season from the equation.
              For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
              .343/.481/.600 /1.081

Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
              .419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

I love how your searching for anything to sway this is Trax's corner now you wanna remove the guy that was the #5 starter for most of the season from the equation.
                What equation? I was talking about the names I listed. It changed when I made the terrible mistake of saying (in a later post) "#5 SPs" instead of repeating the list.

Funny how certain people can only zero in on that error to divert attention from my real point.

But hardly surprising.
                TPFKABM

Comment

What equation? I was talking about the names I listed. It changed when I made the terrible mistake of saying (in a later post) "#5 SPs" instead of repeating the list.

Funny how certain people can only zero in on that error to divert attention from my real point.

But hardly surprising.
                  Sorry it's the #5 starters vs Thrashcan it would not be fair to compare it any other way, btw Brian Lawrence is a Trax replica.
                  .343/.481/.600 /1.081

.419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

Sorry it's the #5 starters vs Thrashcan it would not be fair to compare it any other way, btw Brian Lawrence is a Trax replica.
                    You can make it anything you want. Why not make it Trax vs Duque and Maine while you're at it?

My point was re: the 4 I mentioned, who are a combined 1-11 this year, which doesn't count non-decisions in their starts, or the wear & tear on the pen when these guys failed to even go 5 IP.

If you think Trax would be 1-11, enjoy your dreams.
                    TPFKABM

Comment

You can make it anything you want. Why not make it Trax vs Duque and Maine while you're at it?

My point was re: the 4 I mentioned, who are a combined 1-11 this year, which doesn't count non-decisions in their starts, or the wear & tear on the pen when these guys failed to even go 5 IP.

If you think Trax would be 1-11, enjoy your dreams.
                      And if you think he'd be going past 5 innings that much more than the guys you mentioned you're dreaming. Trax's 15 wins was due to the offense scoring 8-9 runs for him, and a great bullpen cleaning up his mess on most nights.
                      .343/.481/.600 /1.081

.419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

And if you think he'd be going past 5 innings that much more than the guys you mentioned you're dreaming. Trax's 15 wins was due to the offense scoring 8-9 runs for him, and a great bullpen cleaning up his mess on most nights.
                        Of course the fact that in his 1st 14 years he averaged over 6 IP/start, and is averaging 5+ this season in the DH League means nothing. How could I expect him to average 5 in the NL this year?
                        TPFKABM

Comment

Of course the fact that in his 1st 14 years he averaged over 6 IP/start, and is averaging 5+ this season in the DH League means nothing. How could I expect him to average 5 in the NL this year?
                          I couldn't give a **** how many innings he averaged before last year he was barely a 5 inning pitcher in 06 I'm right you're wrong thanks for coming out............
                          .343/.481/.600 /1.081

.419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

I couldn't give a **** how many innings he averaged before last year he was barely a 5 inning pitcher in 06 I'm right you're wrong thanks for coming out............
                            164.2/30=...............?
                            TPFKABM

Comment

164.2/30=...............?
                              Re-read my last post the last part of it.
                              .343/.481/.600 /1.081

.419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

• BUMP

Bringing up thread to eliminate a few BAD responses from the front page...
                                Mr. Met- The fans should have rushed the field, and taken a dump on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X