Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And everybody's got their cap to their chest...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Neu-IndustrialMets57 View Post
    no the disgrace are the people infringing and refusing his 1st amendment rights that every American is entitled to... and yes he IS an American

    Its his right to do what he did, just like it is your right to slander and libel him by calling him a terrorist...
    Originally posted by Neu-IndustrialMets57 View Post
    But what KO, etc is saying is more of a disgrace then what Delgado did imo
    Mark it down, everyone - Delgado's free expression is his right, while my free speech is a disgrace. Have I got that right, NIMbo?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Neu-IndustrialMets57 View Post
      yes and tell me where I said that KO is anti-american, or a terrorist, etc..
      How about here:

      Originally posted by Neu-IndustrialMets57 View Post
      no the disgrace are the people infringing and refusing his 1st amendment rights that every American is entitled to... and yes he IS an American

      Comment


      • #33
        Last edited by Neu-IndustrialMets57 : Today at 08:57 PM.
        Don't you hate it when you put your foot in your own mouth...?

        Originally posted by Neu-IndustrialMets57
        But what KO, etc is saying is more of a disgrace then what Delgado did imo

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by KingOlerud View Post
          Mark it down, everyone - Delgado's free expression is his right, while my free speech is a disgrace. Have I got that right, NIMbo?
          Now that IS awesome

          And here I thought I might have been exaggerating a couple of hours ago. LOL

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by NeilAllen View Post
            How about here:
            Please read my post CLEARLY

            no the disgrace are the people infringing and refusing his 1st amendment rights that every American is entitled to... and yes he IS an American
            and

            yes and tell me where I said that KO is anti-american, or a terrorist, etc..
            and KO yes I did edit my post.. wow how observant of you

            People who infringe and refuse other peoples 1st amendment are disgraceful.. notice I didnt say KO you are a disgrace... but hey if he feels guilty..

            But what KO, etc is saying is more of a disgrace then what Delgado did imo

            Once again KO, if you feel guilty then thats your doing not mine.. Calling people a terrorst and anti-american because they didnt put there ****ing hat against the heart is indeed disgraceful..

            You feel guilty, thats cool

            But then again it is your right to say it, just as its my right to think that action is disgraceful
            Last edited by Neu-IndustrialMets57; 04-09-2007, 09:09 PM.
            I pushed the button and elected elected him to office and a He pushed the button and he dropped the bomb. You pushed the button and could watch it on the television Those mother****ers didn't last too long

            Well I used to stand for something, Now I'm on my hands and knees, Trading in my god for this one And he signs his name with a capital G

            Comment


            • #36
              This is sooo funny. Good job KO.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Neu-IndustrialMets57 View Post
                Please read my post CLEARLY
                Ooooh...got the caps out there. Is that the same as... shouting?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by KingOlerud View Post
                  Ooooh...got the caps out there. Is that the same as... shouting?
                  I guess it is...

                  anyway I think you should consider buying this sign just for your wall

                  I pushed the button and elected elected him to office and a He pushed the button and he dropped the bomb. You pushed the button and could watch it on the television Those mother****ers didn't last too long

                  Well I used to stand for something, Now I'm on my hands and knees, Trading in my god for this one And he signs his name with a capital G

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Delgado's silent protest isn't a disgrace. Nor is KO's objection to it.

                    Both, however, are mind-numbingly boring.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by fuggedaboudit View Post
                      Delgado's silent protest isn't a disgrace. Nor is KO's objection to it.

                      Both, however, are mind-numbingly boring.
                      Don't you just hate that. When something's so mind-numbingly boring, that you have to take the trouble to hit the keyboard.

                      Me? When I'm bored, I fall asleep...

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by KingOlerud View Post
                        Don't you just hate that. When something's so mind-numbingly boring, that you have to take the trouble to hit the keyboard.

                        Me? When I'm bored, I fall asleep...

                        Let's hope you're bored then so this thread can fade into the sunset.


                        Is it Wednesday yet?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by ChuckkieB View Post
                          Let's hope you're bored then so this thread can fade into the sunset.


                          Is it Wednesday yet?
                          This thread HAS to last until Wednesday. I have a feeling it will be the first classic thread of the new MOFO.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Delgado is still a fraud
                            By Wally Mathews

                            As his second season begins, it is clear that once a strong Ali-type of anti-hero Carlos Delgado has turned his back on his convictions and decided that he will be a good soilder in the automonous Wilpon Army. Some might suggest not putting his hand on his chest is still a form of silent protest, but Delgado must remember, Ali went to prison for his words. He did not back down to authority and say "Well if the organization wants me to stand, I shall stand."

                            But then again, what do you except out of the so-called New Mets. After all, they low balled Vladimir Guerrero, who's back still hasn't given out, who would not have froze on an Adam Wainright curveball the way the vanillia Carlos Beltran, whom they ended up overpaying for a year later, did. Perhaps they didn't want Vladimir's stinky helmet becoming a blight on their telecasts.

                            If Delgado wants be a real, true American Patriot, ala the aforementioned Ali, and John Carlos (of the Black Power Olympics salute) than he should do what he did in Toronto, and should not have been standing in line with his fellow Vanillia Warriors, the Freddie Cupon Automotons...whoops, I mean New York Mets.
                            NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                            The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
                            Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
                            Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              KO has every right to be mad at Delgado for not honoring the flag during the National Anthem.

                              However, I must ask you KO, with all due respect: Why were you watching the field (While fiddling with a camera, no less) when you are supposed to be staring at the flag during the singing of the Anthem? And, wouldn't ignoring the flag during the Anthem be just as disprespectful as not hlding your cap to your heart while it is playing?

                              That's the only thing I never get about those who bash Delgado for his non-compliance. I understand their disgust with his display. I give them all the respect in the world for expressing their feelings on the subject. However, I must ask these same people if they stand with caps to their hearts whenever they hear the Anthem played? When they are watching from home or listening on the radio, do they also remove their cap in honor of this nation and it's flag? If they don't do this all of the time does that not make them hypocrites for bashing Delgado?

                              I'll fully admit, I root for the laundry. I'd root for Bonds in a Mets uniform so why would I not root for Delgado?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by NYRomy View Post
                                KO has every right to be mad at Delgado for not honoring the flag during the National Anthem.

                                However, I must ask you KO, with all due respect: Why were you watching the field (While fiddling with a camera, no less) when you are supposed to be staring at the flag during the singing of the Anthem? And, wouldn't ignoring the flag during the Anthem be just as disprespectful as not hlding your cap to your heart while it is playing?

                                That's the only thing I never get about those who bash Delgado for his non-compliance. I understand their disgust with his display. I give them all the respect in the world for expressing their feelings on the subject. However, I must ask these same people if they stand with caps to their hearts whenever they hear the Anthem played? When they are watching from home or listening on the radio, do they also remove their cap in honor of this nation and it's flag? If they don't do this all of the time does that not make them hypocrites for bashing Delgado?

                                I'll fully admit, I root for the laundry. I'd root for Bonds in a Mets uniform so why would I not root for Delgado?
                                Well done sir.
                                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Almost Famous

                                I sleep underneath a picture that I keep of you next to me
                                I realize we're magnetized - WILCO

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X