Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milton Bradley designated for assignment..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of *******s Rawjah Clemens has given up 4 runs in 4.1 innings another impressive outing by the 28 million dollar man.
    For the Wright haters. Wright's career numbers with runners on 2nd and 3rd
    .343/.481/.600 /1.081

Runner on 3rd, less than 2 out
    .419/.431/.671/1.102

Comment

Originally posted by graves9 View Post
      Speaking of *******s Rawjah Clemens has given up 4 runs in 4.1 innings another impressive outing by the 28 million dollar man.
      DOMINANT outing for Merc Man.

Comment

And Jorge Julio just whiffed Matsui with runners on third and first...
        "Jeff is the problem with the organization, and he is never going to realize that. He cannot help himself. He has to be involved. He will never hire anyone who will not let him have major input. He will not hire anyone who does not run every personnel decision through him."

Comment

Originally posted by MetfanBren View Post
          And Jorge Julio just whiffed Matsui with runners on third and first...
          Interesting... I guess it wasn't possible for BOTH of them to fail...

Comment

Originally posted by metdenn View Post
            Interesting... I guess it wasn't possible for BOTH of them to fail...
            Well he whiffed the good Matsui...
            "Jeff is the problem with the organization, and he is never going to realize that. He cannot help himself. He has to be involved. He will never hire anyone who will not let him have major input. He will not hire anyone who does not run every personnel decision through him."

Comment

Man, the Rockies are getting it done against the Mighty Yankees.

I hope the Mets watch baseball on their days off. Because the Rockies are actually showing some balls out there. It would be nice for our favorite team to start playing like they have those.

-- Weezer, "Perfect Situation"... and the 2008 Mets

Comment

Be nice to see somebody hit the hell out of Proctor for once.
                Liberals aren't the problem... they are what allow the problem(s) to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Ridge Dave View Post
                  The problem with that (and what makes Franco look a total a$$hole IMO) is that Cohen wasn't even talking about him, unless his name was Orlando or Livan Hernandez.....
                  I must have missed something - what did Cohen say, and what did Franco say in response?
                  Outfield

Comment

Originally posted by Green Must Go View Post
                    these aren't the droids you're looking for
                    "These are not the droids we're looking for"

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Almost Famous

I sleep underneath a picture that I keep of you next to me
                    I realize we're magnetized - WILCO

Comment

Originally posted by Kid A View Post
                      "These are not the droids we're looking for"

That is some funny stuff
                      BBBV!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        I must have missed something - what did Cohen say, and what did Franco say in response?
                        In short, Cohen was talking about the age difference between Livan and Duque... and Franco b!tched to the Mets media folks about Gary (I still don't get why). IRATE was the word used to describe Crap by the School Yard... It was in the Sunday NYDN a couple of weeks ago, IIRC...

Comment

It was at the bottom of Bob Raissman's June 10 column:

Call him old yeller

Julio Franco won't be inviting SportsNet New York's Gary Cohen out to lunch any time soon.

Shea stoolies report Franco was wigging over Cohen dwelling on the age differential between Livan Hernandez and his older half-brother Orlando (El Duque) Hernandez during SNY's June 2 Diamondbacks-Mets telecast.

No specific reason was given for Franco's rage, but age must be a sensitive issue for him since, at 48, he's the oldest player in baseball.

After the game, Franco expressed his feelings about Cohen with a few choice (unprintable) words, to a member of the Mets PR staff.
                          TPFKABM

Comment

Originally posted by Rey-YES View Post
                            It was at the bottom of Bob Raissman's June 10 column:
                            Of all the things for future manager/current doorstop Julio Franco to be pissed about, what Gary Cohen says about Duque's faked age should be, oh, about 112th on the list.

1st should be his own sh*tty play. 2nd should be how crummy his team is playing, despite his "wisdom and leadership." 3-111 should be spent trying to remember how to hit anything but a slap single once every three weeks.
                            Theyd done so well up to that point, surprising so many of us with their post-season success, that all I really wanted from their World Series appearance was for them not to embarrass themselves. Win or lose. Just don't sh•• the bed.

Geeze. Thanks, Mets.

Comment

I think Bradley would be a decent option to explre for the Mets. He should come cheaply, can fill in LF until (if) Alou ever comes back, and can be a great bench/platoon guy in RF if the whole OF stays healthy.

His attitude problems (which are well documented) may actually charge the team. As MoS pointed out early in this thead, the team of "nice guys" is sucking. And if he does prove to be a cancer (I hate this term) on this team (as Bill pointed out), he can be cut, just as the A's already have done.

Another guy that would fit into the same role for this team is Sammy Sosa. I'm not a fan of his either, but Omar is. Factor that with the fact that Texas is hopelessly out of it and I think there may be a deal in the future.
                              Give me your tired, your poor,
                              Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                              The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
                              Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
                              I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Kings_of_Quit View Post
                                Of all the things for future manager/current doorstop Julio Franco to be pissed about, what Gary Cohen says about Duque's faked age should be, oh, about 112th on the list.

1st should be his own sh*tty play. 2nd should be how crummy his team is playing, despite his "wisdom and leadership." 3-111 should be spent trying to remember how to hit anything but a slap single once every three weeks.
                                LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X