Phony Malware warning as of 9/6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phony Malware warning as of 9/6

For the past 6 or so hours - 2/3 times I try to get to the MOFO, I get a phony malware warning that's tricky to close. I would think I had a virus - but it doesn't happen with other sites, just this one.

I just wanted to mention it in case it was happening to anyone else. My virus scanner arrests it before it does anything and labels it "fake malware warning" or something to that effect. I've run spybot, windows defender and my antivirus programs a few times each and they've all come up empty.

It still may just be me, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to mention it since it only happens here.
    Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D.
    I'm done doing other people's homework. **** off.
    Originally posted by Mets bs
    Translation - I couldn't find anything on Wikipedia. Ask me about blowing up the moon.

Originally posted by alice View Post
    For the past 6 or so hours - 2/3 times I try to get to the MOFO, I get a phony malware warning that's tricky to close. I would think I had a virus - but it doesn't happen with other sites, just this one.

I just wanted to mention it in case it was happening to anyone else. My virus scanner arrests it before it does anything and labels it "fake malware warning" or something to that effect. I've run spybot, windows defender and my antivirus programs a few times each and they've all come up empty.

It still may just be me, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to mention it since it only happens here.
    I got the same thing with the same results after I did a scan. It happened with Firefox but not IE.

Comment

ditto here. Norton keeps noting it as "Trojan attack".

Which is weird because Lifestyles is the superior brand.
      Your Daily Rayne Summers Moment...
      http://www.leasticoulddo.com/

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

I got the same thing two days ago logging on here (using Firefox) on Sunday. Hasn't popped up since then on this site or anywhere else using Firefox & IE.

Comment

Working...
        X