Game of Thrones Season 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by METSSC View Post
    I heard the final 6 episodes will all be feature film length. Next summer?
    2 years. Last season is in 2019 from what I've read.

Comment

• What happened to the 2 hour episodes we were promised. So the night king is a Targaryen who will rule Westeros. A happy ending.
      “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

What happened to the 2 hour episodes we were promised. So the night king is a Targaryen who will rule Westeros. A happy ending.
        There are none - but most are longer than the hour.

Season 8, episode 1
        Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 14 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
        Estimated running time: 0:54

Season 8, episode 2
        Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 21 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
        Estimated running time: 0:58

Season 8, episode 3
        Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 28 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
        Estimated running time: 1:22

Season 8, episode 4
        Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 5 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
        Estimated running time: 1:18

Season 8, episode 5
        Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 12 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
        Estimated running time: 1:20

Season 8, episode 6
        Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 19 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
        Estimated running time: 1:20
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Almost Famous

I sleep underneath a picture that I keep of you next to me
        I realize we're magnetized - WILCO

Comment

• Originally posted by Kid A View Post

Season 8, episode 3
          Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 28 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
          Estimated running time: 1:22
          Well next week is going to be crazy epic... Winterfell is going to get wrecked.
          I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

• My review of tonight’s episode

WOW
            “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

• Maybe the most enthralling episode of anything I've ever watched.

My only disappointment is that the Night King turned out to be such a flat character. No backstory, no character, no nothing. For all the build up about him and as carefully writing as this series usually is, I found that to be a little empty.
              Last edited by defender; 04-29-2019, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Was surprised by how few impact deaths there were....a couple of folks who have already "died" multiple times and a 1 shot character. Expected more tragic ends than that.

Not really sure how after all that they fill in 3 more episodes and how they can have a bigger bad than what they faced.

Comment

• Originally posted by defender View Post
                  Maybe the most enthralling episode of anything I've ever watched.

My only disappointment is that the Night King turned out to be such a flat character. No backstory, no character, no nothing. For all the build up about him and as carefully writing as this series usually is, I found that to be a little empty.
                  Correct me if I’m wrong but his backstory was that he was created by the fairies of the forest to protect them and he turned on them. Or something like that

It's early!!!

Comment

Correct me if I’m wrong but his backstory was that he was created by the fairies of the forest to protect them and he turned on them. Or something like that
                    I think they created him to kill the 'men' who invaded westeros, so technically he was still on target with that purpose, just the children had long since created a truce (they didn't the memo).
                    I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

• Originally posted by MrHat View Post
                      Was surprised by how few impact deaths there were....a couple of folks who have already "died" multiple times and a 1 shot character. Expected more tragic ends than that.

Not really sure how after all that they fill in 3 more episodes and how they can have a bigger bad than what they faced.
                      Jorah, Mel and Theon are some of the main characters (tier 2) of the entire story. So all died heroic deaths. The others like Beric, Lyana, and Ed were more tertiary or lesser parts and felt like just tying up some loose ends.

Mel's ending was pretty good though for all her prophecy and BS she spouted all throughout the series, she came in and set everything on course for the win. Without her the battle would have been a total loss.

I'm surprised a few of the backup characters didn't die... kind of shocked Tormund is still around, same for Briane and Podd. Thought for sure one or more of those characters would be toast as well. I was fairly sure that none of the starks, lannisters or targs would die in this one. I think they'll save those deaths for the Cersei battle.

Comment

Yeah, that's the basic story. The Children of the forest created him to defeat the invading first men. The white walkers then turned on the children and the first men and children fought them off.

There's a lot of theories now going around that Bran told Tyrion the history and what was going to happen in the battle. Episode 1 he was all about telling everyone that they were going to die. Episode 2 he asked Bran to tell him his story and then later on he was at the fire with a bunch of characters and he told them all that he thinks they'll all live. Everyone who was at that fire is still alive after the battle of Winterfell.

Big question was what was Bran doing all that time while waiting on the Night King. Was he only warged into some crows to document the battle or was he doing something else?

Honestly the episode was so hard to follow because of how dark it was. I realize it's fantasy but I hate it when there's 1 character that stands by himself and fights off 100's of bad guys like they had some characters do. It seemed like they killed off a bunch of characters just to allow the story to continue though less people. Killing off all the Dothraki all at once and then having most of the unsullied killed off at the beginning made the odds seem insurmountable. I also wasn't a fan of the Red woman strolling up out of nowhere just before the fight.

Maybe it was by design but there were some characters that we had no idea if they were dead or alive at the end of the episode. Over all, IMO,. this season hasn't had the writing that previous seasons have had. Maybe it's primarily because they no longer have the books to work off of or that HBO only gave then 6 episodes to finish the story in. We felt that the first 2 episodes were primarily just used to get everyone together and rekindle relationships at Winterfell. Very individual character development or story.
                        Last edited by dak11; 05-03-2019, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Looks like the prequel that’s in the works COULD be telling the story of the genesis of the night king/white walkers

https://nypost.com/2019/05/14/game-o...mpression=true

Here’s what we know about the much-anticipated “Bloodmoon” series right now:

The title: George R.R. Martin previously announced that he thought the prequel should be titled “The Long Night,” but what does he know? He only authored the “A Song of Fire and Ice” book series the show is based upon.

The plot: Set more than 5,000 years before the events of the current series, the new series will follow the story of the “Children Of The Forest.”

On his blog, Martin teased that the action might be based on the “Fire and Ice” companion book “Fire & Blood,” featuring dragons and “all the Targaryen kings from Aegon I (the Conquerer) to the regency of Aegon III (the Dragonbane), along with their wives, wars, siblings, children, friends, rivals, laws, travels, and sundry other matters.”

The air date: Sometime this summer, according to some reports. HBO still hasn’t announced an official air date for the premiere episode, which is directed S.J. Clarkson (“The Defenders” and next “Star Trek” film) from a script by Martin and Jane Goldman, the scribe behind “The Kingsman” series and two “X-Men” entries.

It's early!!!

Comment

• Whelp, that's over... It's pretty clear that D&D absolutely sucked at everything that wasn't a battle once they ran out of book material. This season exemplifies that almost exactly. Battles were cool, exciting and meaningful, and everything else was garbage dialogue and random snippets of things happening that don't make sense when pieced together. Zero mythology was addressed at all and the end result all seems meaningless.

Comment

• Yeah I have to say the cinematic portions of this season (darkness aside) have been pretty awesome. The shot of Dany at the top of the stairs with the dragon wings was pretty badadd. The writing and dialogue was horrific. Bran might be the worst character ever in a series considering all the buildup to this year around him.

The dragon pretty much was symbolic of the fans.... Screw this place, burn it down, peace I'm out.

Comment

• So much bitching about the best show since the invention of the TV. Yeah the final season was a bit rushed as it seemed at times they just wanted to quickly wrap it up but I enjoyed every single second of it and will sorely miss this phenomenal historic show. I hope the prequel they’re working on lives up to the standards set by GOT and hope we get some other spinoffs and dare I say a continuation of the story

It's early!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X