No announcement yet.

Rogue 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not but the next stand alone I'm told will be a Han Solo story. I'd personally love to see a young Yoda and his rise to master
    “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Originally posted by dak11 View Post

That was return of the Jedi.
      Yup ... you're right. Mon Mothma made that speech.

damn it.
      I cannot find any reason to insult Sandy Alderson. I am extremely happy that he is the General Manager of my all time favorite sports franchise and officially and humbly retract any and all insults and epithets that I have uttered and/or typed about him over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post
        I don't know if this is common knowledge or not but the next stand alone I'm told will be a Han Solo story. I'd personally love to see a young Yoda and his rise to master
        Rumors going around that the 3rd anthology movie could be Boba Fett.

Comment

Originally posted by dak11 View Post

Rumors going around that the 3rd anthology movie could be Boba Fett.

been praying for that...hopefully delve into bounty hunter wars.
          ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

Comment

Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post
            Whilst not perfect I loved it, it was pretty much all I wanted from a Star Wars movie. Loads of shout outs and easter eggs to fans (including games and novels). I didn't mind the cgi of old characters, for all the complaints I think people don't realise how hard it is to animate human faces from scratch - hence the uncanny valley - and the story benefited from their inclusion. Not enough can be said that they kept the look, both in sets/props and filming style from the original trilogy.
            Yeah, Vader was awesome - although the new body actor got his gait wrong and you can tell Jones is getting old. But I'm a SW nerd.
            I also really appreciated that the end was that brutal - it reminds people that the Empire is meant to be deadly, rather than just mooks who can't aim.
            Did any fans of Rebels spot Ghost? Or hear the calls for General Herra at the rebel base over intercom?

Probably my favourite movie after Empire.
            i missed the Ghost. Absolutely loved the movie and the Vader scene was epic.

“President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Originally posted by Led, the Revenge View Post
              Whilst not perfect I loved it, it was pretty much all I wanted from a Star Wars movie. Loads of shout outs and easter eggs to fans (including games and novels). I didn't mind the cgi of old characters, for all the complaints I think people don't realise how hard it is to animate human faces from scratch - hence the uncanny valley - and the story benefited from their inclusion. Not enough can be said that they kept the look, both in sets/props and filming style from the original trilogy.
              Yeah, Vader was awesome - although the new body actor got his gait wrong and you can tell Jones is getting old. But I'm a SW nerd.
              I also really appreciated that the end was that brutal - it reminds people that the Empire is meant to be deadly, rather than just mooks who can't aim.
              Did any fans of Rebels spot Ghost? Or hear the calls for General Herra at the rebel base over intercom?

Probably my favourite movie after Empire.
              Read that some of those easter eggs were actually old footage from Epidose 4 that they enhanced not to look grainy. Some used no CGI. Most of those seemed to be the cockpit views.

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post

As much as everyone loves the character and probably would be curious to see his past on the screen - I wish they wouldn't mess with Han Solo. Some characters don't need a back story on screen (books are fine) and shouldn't be played by anyone else. I think one of the main reasons why Episode 7 and Rogue 1 have been successes is because they don't really mess with existing characters being played by someone else....

Unlike say episodes 1-2-3 which basically told (and butchered) the back story for Vader thanks to shitty writing and even shittier actors/acting....

It's going to be next to impossible to get the right guy to play Solo and how far back are they going? It's not like the guy is ancient in the originals. Isn't he supposed to be like 25 or something in Episode 4? I really don't need to see another Anakin played by 3 different people to bump his age from 5 to 12 to 20 or whatever....would be hard enough to find 1 guy and 1 story to capture Ford's charisma in that role let alone 2-3.

Boba would be kind of an exception to this thinking because he's a side character who's got a massive backstory in the expanded universe, but who just movies fans know very little about....stay away from the main movie characters.

Comment

Originally posted by MrHat View Post

As much as everyone loves the character and probably would be curious to see his past on the screen - I wish they wouldn't mess with Han Solo. Some characters don't need a back story on screen (books are fine) and shouldn't be played by anyone else. I think one of the main reasons why Episode 7 and Rogue 1 have been successes is because they don't really mess with existing characters being played by someone else....

Unlike say episodes 1-2-3 which basically told (and butchered) the back story for Vader thanks to shitty writing and even shittier actors/acting....

It's going to be next to impossible to get the right guy to play Solo and how far back are they going? It's not like the guy is ancient in the originals. Isn't he supposed to be like 25 or something in Episode 4? I really don't need to see another Anakin played by 3 different people to bump his age from 5 to 12 to 20 or whatever....would be hard enough to find 1 guy and 1 story to capture Ford's charisma in that role let alone 2-3.

Boba would be kind of an exception to this thinking because he's a side character who's got a massive backstory in the expanded universe, but who just movies fans know very little about....stay away from the main movie characters.
                  I don't think they ever gave Solo an 'age' in Star Wars but the actor was 35 when the first one came out so I wouldn't assume he was supposed to be young. He was clearly older and more experienced than Luke and Leia. Anyway, He's an excuse to have a period piece between episodes 3 and 4 and touch on some of that timeline without the direct Empire vs Rebellion storyline. They'll do something similar with Boba Fett in a few years as well where they're just expanding the universe and using characters that are already known to headline the expansion. Word is that a Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan stand alone is on the table as well, to fill in the gaps in that same timeline. I'm hoping for some movies in the time period between episodes 6 and 7 at some point in the future as well. Also the talk is that there could be a new trilogy after episode 9 that continues the story in the 'post skywalker' era. The main trilogies of trilogies is being billed as the skywalker story so they will continue on past the skywalker legacy.

Comment

Garbage unless you are a fanboy. I didnt give a f**k about any of the characters. They were all boring, unlikable, soulless or all three. Any one of them could have got blowed up at any time and I wouldn't have cared. Except for Magic Stick Man, although I didnt really care about him either.

Context: I rather liked TFA

Comment

Working...
                    X