Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KingOlerud
    replied
    So f*cking close, Mule. So f*cking close.

Leave a comment:

• anderoos
    replied
    I think you have to install some cloud software to duplicate all your files to cloud storage. Otherwise, you may lose a lot of precious information. I am from https://populationstat.com/russia/ and lost some files in the same way. And no matter what was the reason, the problem was I could not restore them in any way. So make copies even if everything works fine. It always helps.
    Last edited by anderoos; 09-18-2020, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deepleft34
    replied
    Originally posted by FrankStylV7 View Post
    Two less illegal scumbags.
    That is what I get out of this article.

Now I am not saying go out and shoot every illegal in the country...who would wash dishes at my local italian restaurant. I feel bad that taxpayer dollars were wasted trying to convict this guy.

Leave a comment:

• FrankStylV7
    replied
    Originally posted by metman View Post
    Oh wow, lots of stars. That's kind of funny. Anyway, I'm glad they are dead and any white ***** that dies it should die too. I just have a particular hate of the illegal alien variety for personal reasons. Let's spend more time worrying about how to protect our families.
    I unapologetically agree with metman.

The rest of us are better off with each dead illegal.

Leave a comment:

• Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by angry caveman View Post
    1. Benelli tactical shotgun..(chambered everything from a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 magnum). Got that @ a gun show for around $400 and change.
    I hate to do this to you, but you got (slightly) hosed on that thing, if it's the one I'm thinking of (Nova Tactical)...I've seen them stacked on dealer shelves for the low 3's. It's better you got rid of it anyway, we had a tactical shotgun class recently where 3 guys were running those and all three of them went down at some point during the class. Meanwhile my 590 just kept eating everything that I put in it.

The only Benelli I'd bet my ass on would be the M2/M4, if you could afford one, and the Eurotrash ain't worth the money anyway. Buy a 590 or another 870 and put the saved money into ammo and training.

Leave a comment:

• metman
    replied
    Oh wow, lots of stars. That's kind of funny. Anyway, I'm glad they are dead and any white ***** that dies it should die too. I just have a particular hate of the illegal alien variety for personal reasons. Let's spend more time worrying about how to protect our families.

Leave a comment:

• metman
    replied
    Have one of your kids in that house and see if you want to risk them coming back and potentially killing her. The laws need to be flexible to allow dynamic review of the situation and put emphasis on the well being of the citizen, first.

He didn't stalk them and kill their family. You break in, **** you. Die.

I live with illegal mexicant's who harass us and I'd gladly blow their guts into the curb if I could. **** 'em. You shouldn't trust any of those anim...I mean awesome people. Sure, I realize it makes sense to assume it's not right to shoot 'em in the back. but what if they returned? Ask Sean Taylor how that worked out for him (Redskins)

If I recall correctly, they broke in before. **** 'em. Eat ****, *******s. You deserve to die you illegal ****ing oompla loompa looking pieces of dog ****.

Leave a comment:

• angry caveman
    replied
    As for shotguns, when I lived in Louisiana (a utter hell hole)...I had the following :

1. Benelli tactical shotgun..(chambered everything from a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 magnum). Got that @ a gun show for around $400 and change.

2. Remington 870 Pump action. Nice workhorse of a gun

3. Highpoint 9mm Handgun and the 9mm carbine

4. Heritage Arms single action revolver (.22 lr and 22 magnum cylinders). That was my snake gun. Lot's of rattle snakes and water moccasins on the property when mowing the lawn.

Unfortunately, I sold them all before I moved to the people's republic NJ.

Leave a comment:

• manatwo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mule View Post
    The problem here is with the "protection of property" part of Texas law, he's evidently legally allowed to do that. No one is disputing that the burglars were on his property when he physically confronted them...it's probably that simple fact that kept him from being indicted.
    This makes more sense to me too, which is why I'm surprised that (according to the article at least) he went with the personal danger defense.

Leave a comment:

• Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by manatwo View Post
    I think I just have a big problem with him stepping out that door.
    I do too...that's a hard hurdle for me to get over. Anyone seriously interested in protecting their life who knew what they were about would be very unlikely to do that. That's a guy looking for a confrontation rather than avoiding it.

If we can put aside the fact that they were robbers and here illegally (which I think we can, because his argument was he felt he was in danger) the guy went outside his house to confront criminals with a shotgun - he knew what he was getting into and he went looking for a fight.
    The problem here is with the "protection of property" part of Texas law, he's evidently legally allowed to do that. No one is disputing that the burglars were on his property when he physically confronted them...it's probably that simple fact that kept him from being indicted.

Leave a comment:

• FrankStylV7
    replied
    Two less illegal scumbags.

Leave a comment:

• manatwo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mule View Post
    Really, I think it's just a crappy article...there's been very crappy articles written on both sides of this. I'd really like to see something more factual and less agenda driven written on this. It's quite possible this guy got away with a case of vigilante justice, or maybe he really was scared for his life once he stepped out the door. No one beside him will likely ever know for sure.
    I think I just have a big problem with him stepping out that door. If we can put aside the fact that they were robbers and here illegally (which I think we can, because his argument was he felt he was in danger) the guy went outside his house to confront criminals with a shotgun - he knew what he was getting into and he went looking for a fight.

Leave a comment:

• njmetsfan
    replied
    He wasn't scared for his life, I think he says "I'm not going to let them get away with this" in the 911 call (I only heard it once and am too lazy to listen again).

Leave a comment:

• Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by firststringer View Post
    And I am not defending them in any way for being here illegally, or for the robberies they had, or where going to commit - but I don't know how they could overlook the fact that this Horn guy was specifically and repeatedly told to stay in his house while the police handled the situation, and that he willfully ignored that order and sought an engagement with these guys.
    911 operators usually are not sworn law enforcement officers, and do not have the authority to issue "orders" of any kind. While I think it was stupid to leave his home and engage these guys on a personal security level, if they were on his property, clearly according to Texas law he had a legal right to, and the 911 operator telling him to stay inside, while being the best advice, really has no legal standing.

Horn said right there, at the time this was all happening that he did not believe it was "right" to let the burglars get away. If you ask me that, and not the need to protect his own life or property, or that of his neighbor's (even though he may have had the "right") is what motivated him.
    That's a judgement call...and for the record that's part of the 911 convo I have the biggest problem with too. It definitely makes it look like he was "picking a fight" so to speak.

He apparently did not know there was a cop "parked" right outside (and why were they parked and not taking action, BTW?)
    I'm still confused about that. Why was a non-uniformed officer dispatched to the scene and just sitting in his vehicle? Did he just pull up and hadn't gotten a chance to aprise the situation before exiting? Was he trying to observe what was going on? He was probably the closest in the area to respond, I'm sure, but I'm confused by that part of the situation.

so if he had gone out there brandishing his gun without using it, or simply fired a warning shot, they very likely could have "gotten away". Since he didn't think that would be "right" - he shot them.
    Really, you can't say this without having been there and seeing what happened. Did these two dirtbags even know English? Did they know at first that Horn was even armed? Reports were that at least one of the two initially moved toward Horn, who'd observed something in both men's hands. Horn went outside not know how these men were armed (rash at best, stupid in all likelihood, but that's what he did) and in a split second in the dark had to judge whether he'd been threatened with a lethal weapon at close range by someone who wasn't obeying his command to halt.

Warning shots get you killed...and sometimes in movies you hear that crap about racking the slide on a pump shotgun will scare people away. You walk into a potential gunfight with an unloaded shotgun and I call you an idiot, or former idiot, depending on the outcome.

What's the deal with the pause and then a 3rd shot? At least one of the first two shots caused a mortal wound to at least one of the burglars. Possibly both were wounded (with one definitely being mortal). Since they were both supposedly shot in the back - or at least did not have wounds that would suggest they were coming directly toward Horn (otherwise they'd have been shot in the chest, right?) that means the third shot was either superfluous, or was aimed at someone who was already wounded (and either on the ground or still attempting to flee - which would mean that this third shot "finished him off"). The other possibility is that the second thief wasn't wounded but having just witnessed his cohort being killed by one or two previous shots was busy getting out of there when he was shot.
    Not trying to crack on you, but that's all guess work. Again, we can't know the circumstances of the shooting without seeing a detailed forensic reconstruction of it. I'm trying to find one but coming up dry.

Sorry, but based on this article it looks like the only one who did was Horn...
    Really, I think it's just a crappy article...there's been very crappy articles written on both sides of this. I'd really like to see something more factual and less agenda driven written on this. It's quite possible this guy got away with a case of vigilante justice, or maybe he really was scared for his life once he stepped out the door. No one beside him will likely ever know for sure.

Leave a comment:

• njmetsfan
    replied
    If you listen to the 911 call above, this is about a guy who was itching to kill someone. If they were intruders in his home I'd feel differently.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X