Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The issues facing Italian and Irish Americans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The issues facing Italian and Irish Americans.

So, what are they and why aren't the media reporting on these things? I mean, all they ever talk about are how Clinton and Obama are doing with the Black and Latino communities. Then, they'll get some Latino leader on saying " We need a candidate that will represent the issues facing the Latino community".

So, why do I care about the issues that face the Black or Latino community over the Irish or Italian community? Because really, isn't this nothing more than blatant racism? What issues actually face the Latino community? Before someone says " immigration", this affects us all. Granted the illegals are generally Latino but they can't vote so what the hell do they matter? The bottom line is that no issue affects a group strictly based on ethnicty or race.

So what about the Italians and Irish?

How about Germans?

How about Park Rangers with 12 inch schlongs?

I want to know how everyone is affected.
    Last edited by Big Denny; 03-06-2008, 09:44 AM.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

They are white, so they are racist and not important people. They have everything handed to them. Every white person is a billionaire and it's not fair.

Now go take that white kkk hate and go back to doody land! (raspberry).
    Liberals aren't the problem... they are what allow the problem(s) to exist.

Comment

Finally Denny makes sense
      “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Today's minorities tend to forget that most immigrating groups of people had to live in the ghettos when they first arrived in the US. They should read up on how the Irish and Jews (among others) spent many years living in the slums in poor conditions until they collectively lifted themselves up by their bootstraps.

The basics to the their eventual success were family structure, education and back-breaking work, which is exactly what is missing from many of the people that stay in the ghetto generation after generation.

Who knows - if the government had all kinds of entitlements and quotas back in the early 1900's, the Irish and Jews might still be in the slums.
        The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

Haven't people on this site alluded to the fact that there are certain "issues" that are more predominant in the black and latino communities? Maybe that's what the leaders are referring to?
          Make America Lift Again

Comment

Originally posted by Green Must Go View Post
            Today's minorities tend to forget that most immigrating groups of people had to live in the ghettos when they first arrived in the US. They should read up on how the Irish and Jews (among others) spent many years living in the slums in poor conditions until they collectively lifted themselves up by their bootstraps.

Maybe that is exactly one of the "issues" specific to minorities that needs to be addressed?
            Make America Lift Again

Comment

What about Italian/Irish healthcare senior executives with 12 inch schlongs?? What about US Denny? You racist bastard!!!

ANYONE that says "but you know what a Black guy looks like!" hasn't seen a bunch of my Sicilian relatives at a wedding or wake.

The reason nobody points to us?? - because we took lemons and made lemonade. Actually, we took the humble tomato and invented kick ass pizza that would make your mother cry tears of joy (not unlike when I was with your Mom).

We are a HORRIBLE example for people that want to blame everyone else for their lot in life.
              Your Daily Rayne Summers Moment...
              http://www.leasticoulddo.com/

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by Onda7 View Post
                Haven't people on this site alluded to the fact that there are certain "issues" that are more predominant in the black and latino communities? Maybe that's what the leaders are referring to?
                good point
                Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D.
                I'm done doing other people's homework. **** off.
                Originally posted by Mets bs
                Translation - I couldn't find anything on Wikipedia. Ask me about blowing up the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Onda7 View Post
                  Predominant, perhaps. Yet they aren't the only people affected by certain issues. Simply because certain issues are disproportionate in certain groups does not mean that they are disproportionate because to race or ethnicty.

This is a classic example of how politicians who claim other politicians are hoodwinking and bamboozling us, are actually hoodwinking and bamboozling us. Let me know how a President will stop a young female from having 6 kids before she is 20;how he will keep the fathers around; how he will make people read to their kids; and how he will make the crips and bloods kiss and make up.

Yeah, the Government will solve all our problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Must Go View Post
                    By the way note that it mostly occurred prior to Lyndon Johnson's Great Society laws being enacted. This is not a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilAllen View Post
                      By the way note that it mostly occurred prior to Lyndon Johnson's Great Society laws being enacted. This is not a coincidence.
                      nope - that's one of the things I was alluding to
                      The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

If my grandmother were alive today (russian jew immigrant) to hear people complaining about bad they have it, she would do the unthinkable. She'd make them lunch. That'd teach 'em. Try "itsy bitsy" with a 'bologna sandwich' consisting of one slice of bologna and freezer burned brick bread that engulfs the entire sandwich meat.

And, of course, itsy bitsy being the "ah, ****, gotta make something' combo of old spaghetti, ketchup and 'don't ask'

****ing wussies.
                        Liberals aren't the problem... they are what allow the problem(s) to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilAllen View Post
                          You mean people actually pulled themselves up by their boot straps because there were no government subsidies to fall back on?

Surely you jest.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Denny View Post
                            You mean people actually pulled themselves up by their boot straps because there were no government subsidies to fall back on?

Surely you jest.

I ALMOST ****ed you with a chainsaw, slowly, for disagreeing with NeilAllen.

THEN I realized that this was Denny sarcasm.

Sorry dude, just a little jumpy what with dealing with a subordinate social worker that STILL harasses me about "White Male Superiority" (I think that I mentioned this last week).

BTW - all of the MEN on both sides of the TStyl and HStyl families were EMBARASSED that they lived in a country where the "New Deal" gave handouts.
                            Your Daily Rayne Summers Moment...
                            http://www.leasticoulddo.com/

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankStylV7 View Post
                              Sorry dude, just a little jumpy what with dealing with a subordinate social worker that STILL harasses me about "White Male Superiority" (I think that I mentioned this last week).
                              Put that employee back under your desk where they belong.
                              nothing to see here

Comment

Working...
                              X