Dispute over beer money turns into machete attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispute over beer money turns into machete attack

Only in a trailer park....in Florida.....

Dispute over $25 in beer money turns violent near West Palm -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

A dispute over $25 in beer money sent one man to Delray Medical Center in the Trauma Hawk helicopter early Tuesday morning.

Two men got in a fight at the Casa del Monte mobile home park west of West Palm Beach over $25 borrowed to buy beer, said Teri Barbera, a spokeswoman for the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office. Barbera said neither man has been identified.

She said after one of the men didn't buy beer with the borrowed money, the man who loaned him the cash demanded it back. When the first man refused, the fight broke out.

"At first the individual came at the other with a machete, but his friends pulled him back," Barbera said. The two men fought.

One of them was flown to Delray Medical Center.

Barbera said he was expected to survive.

Dispatchers said deputies responded to the crime scene at about 6 a.m. Tuesday at the Casa del Monte mobile home park, in the 1500 block of 63rd Way South.

The neighborhood is near the corner of Forest Hill Boulevard and Jog Road.
    The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Interestingly, mobile home parks are almost as dangerous as blighted inner city neighborhoods.
    Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce
    All I know is we got some butter and salt for that popcorn

Comment

Has there EVER been a violent crime attributed to pot smoking?

I'd guess "never" - yet weed is illegal while booze is the most advertised consumable on the planet.
      Your Daily Rayne Summers Moment...
      http://www.leasticoulddo.com/

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

$25.00 ? Just how much money do you need to buy Old Milwaukee?

"Jerry, just remember, itís not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Denny View Post
          $25.00 ? Just how much money do you need to buy Old Milwaukee?

Must've been at the end of the month...

The "check" that a redneck's woman gets by the 3rd of the month is pretty much gone by the 20th, what with the Rent-a-Center bills and the other whatnot coming due.

Budgeting for beer and ciggies from the 21st - 31st is pretty cut throat.....

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

Yeah but is any of this as cool as a barfight at the South Pole over a woman?

Norwegian explorer Roald Amundsen reached the South Pole in December 1911.

Ninety-six years later, another achievement was reached ó the South Pole's first bar fight.

Without releasing names, the National Science Foundation, which runs the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, confirmed that two men had to be evacuated from the base Christmas Day after what one person characterized as a "drunken Christmas punch-up."

A C-130 Hercules military transport plane had to be dispatched from McMurdo Station, the main U.S. research base far to the north on the Antarctic coast, after one of the men suffered a broken jaw.

"There was an altercation between two people," National Science Foundation spokesman Peter West told the New Zealand Herald. "There's no indication of the cause or of the background between the two folks."

But Britain's The Guardian reported alcohol had been involved, and its competitor The Telegraph said the fisticuffs were over a woman.

Canada's National Post said the antagonists were both employees of Raytheon International, the defense contractor that does the construction and maintenance work at the Amundsen-Scott station.

The injured man was flown on to a Christchurch, New Zealand hospital, at a cost of about $85,000. He was discharged Dec. 26 and was said to be recovering locally.

The other man got an early return to the U.S. ó without his job.
            I just took a crap and named it muhammed -- METSSC

The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles. -- Jeff Cooper, the Art of the Rifle

Comment

I live in a trailer and for it my husband works overtime every saturday and I work two jobs, take an extra night class and have a small job with a community arts group.

So f' you. I earn all of my "checks".

I'm not saying the drunk 2 doors down wouldn't machete someone if they touched his beer money. Or that I won't machete him the next time his wife locks him out and he takes a whiz on my lawn. I'm just saying... f' you.
              Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D.
              I'm done doing other people's homework. **** off.
              Originally posted by Mets bs
              Translation - I couldn't find anything on Wikipedia. Ask me about blowing up the moon.

Comment

The best part is that normally when lending money to a pal, you'd get pissed if they went and spent it on beer - in this case the dude got the machete out because he DIDN'T spend it on beer.

That's pure trash genious.
                "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Comment

Originally posted by alice View Post
                  I live in a trailer and for it my husband works overtime every saturday and I work two jobs, take an extra night class and have a small job with a community arts group.

I'm not saying the drunk 2 doors down wouldn't machete someone if they touched his beer money. Or that I won't machete him the next time his wife locks him out and he takes a whiz on my lawn. I'm just saying... f' you.
                  LMAO! I hope it is a double wide. That's where my wife and I are going to retire to soon.

Comment

Originally posted by alice View Post

I love Alice so much that it hurts me inside and chafes my wang.

Mitt Romney SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankStylV7 View Post
                      I love Alice so much that it hurts me inside and chafes my wang.
                      Sounds like it's time to switch from Lubriderm to something else.
                      I just took a crap and named it muhammed -- METSSC

The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles. -- Jeff Cooper, the Art of the Rifle

Comment

Originally posted by Mule View Post
                        Sounds like it's time to switch from Lubriderm to something else.
                        Didn't Omar pick up that Japanese relief pitcher Chafe Wang?

Comment

Originally posted by Green Must Go View Post
                          LMAO! I hope it is a double wide. That's where my wife and I are going to retire to soon.
                          No, just a single. The trailer is fine. We fixed it up pretty nice. The only thing I'd change is the kitchen sink. It's the trailer park that sucks. The neighbors are all out of their minds.

We borderline eloped (Had <20 people out to a nice dinner after a civil ceremony) so my parents gave us the $$ they had saved for a wedding so we can eventually use it for a down payment. We like the trailer so much that our current plan is to just move it to a large piece of property without the piss drunk alcoholic neighbors and then save up for a slightly larger prefab. We won't be any hurry to move once we don't have these whack jobs all around us.

Retirement trailer parks, on the other hand, are pretty nice. All the nice trailers you find with online real-estate searches are in 55+ communities. This park actually has two nice blocks with large yards where people can fit decks and sheds etc. But our block is all single wides packed in as close as legally possible. The people who live on the other side are normal. The people down by us are annoying. Anyone who choses to live like this is either hoping it's temporary (like us), retarded (literally), or a wet-brained alcoholic. As my friend the health inspector puts it "People here have no manifest destiny".
                          Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D.
                          I'm done doing other people's homework. **** off.
                          Originally posted by Mets bs
                          Translation - I couldn't find anything on Wikipedia. Ask me about blowing up the moon.

Comment

maybe next time Romy will pay on time.
                            Baaaaaaaaa

King Sheep

2013 record in games attended: 8-7
                            2014 record in games attended: 3-3
                            2015 record in games attended: 11-3 Regular Season 4-3 Postseason
                            2016 record in games attended: 4-6
                            Next Games: Sunday July 10 vs Washington

Comment

Originally posted by FrankStylV7 View Post
                              Has there EVER been a violent crime attributed to pot smoking?

I'd guess "never" - yet weed is illegal while booze is the most advertised consumable on the planet.
                              I'm with you on that. I MUCH rather deal with someone that's high vs. someone who is drunk. I hate the whole 'beer muscles" thing.
                              Make America Lift Again

Comment

Working...
                              X