"Iran is not a threat"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Iran is not a threat"

So, about all this talk that Iran is all noise and no action? I include liberal pundits, not just the Paulford wives (thanks SC)

US foils Iran terror plot to kill Saudi ambassador in Washington D.C. | Mail Online

The United States said it will hold Iran to account after it foiled a planned 'significant terrorist act' by agents of the Iranian government to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the U.S. in Washington DC.

Terror plotters wanted to kill Adel Al-Jubeir by bombing a restaurant, before setting off blasts at the Saudi and Israeli embassies in the city, it was revealed.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the plot 'crosses a line' in Iran's state sponsorship of terrorism and will further isolate the Islamic republic.

Two men allegedly working for 'factions of the Iranian government' have been charged with the $1.5 million plot.
    Manssor Arbabsiar, a 56-year-old U.S. citizen who also holds an Iranian passport, was arrested at JFK Airport in New York.

Asked about the potential loss of innocent life in the bombings, he replied, 'They want that guy done. If the hundred go with him, f**k 'em,' court papers reported.

Gholam Shakuri, whom authorities said was a member of the Quds Force, a branch of the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, was also charged but is still at large.

Arbabsiar has allegedly offered $1.5 million bounty to a Mexican drug cartel for help with the assassination.
    "There have been artists who have failed to capture dichotomy as beautifully as the Mets have in playing Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Juan Lagares in center field."

Islam is peace. And love.

Comment

So two people "allegedly working for 'factions of the Iranian government'" were stupid enough to try to run a plan through Mexican drug cartels to off a Saudi who lives in America?

Not nice to hear and not good news, but also not any proof that we all need to desperately fear an attack from Iran when we go to sleep tonight anymore than we did(n't) last night.

Comment

they are certainly a threat.... if you happen to be a Saudi Ambassador.
        COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

(Originally posted by Attorney General Barr)
        "it also does not exonerate him"
        ​​​
        Semper Fortis......De Oppresso Liber

Comment

And it was possible that 100-150 Americans might have been killied too ...so it wasn't only the Saudi ...well maybe if it was 100-150 liberals then it wouldn't have mattered.
          Obama in 2008 "We won you lost...get over it":.

Comment

ah. never did like them chinks.

You ax me that whole bilingual education, slavery and the holocaust is just all part of the same conspiracy theory.

Comment

Ever since this "story" broke, from the same people in charge of operation fast and furious, I have been hiding in my basement in fear.
              Originally posted by SteveJRogers
              Not getting how interest in puppetry = being less of a man.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                Ever since this "story" broke, from the same people in charge of operation fast and furious, I have been hiding in my basement in fear.
                Yep Ron Paul was right again Iran isnt a threat and churches will take care of the sick.
                “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post
                  Yep Ron Paul was right again Iran isnt a threat and churches will take care of the sick.
                  My church didn't take care of me when I got my ulcer. Does he even know what he's talking about?
                  Support men's rights.

Kiner on Rick Ferrell being in the Hall of Fame: "I think catching four knuckleballers and not committing suicide is probably the reason he got into the Hall of Fame."

Originally posted by Hilton
                  Mark my words, Cano or Hughes will be in a Mets uniform next season.
                  {On the Yankees offseason acquisitions}I guarantee that Lester OR Scherzer aren't far behind...

Comment

This is seriously some scary sh*t. There would have been a lot of innocent civilians hurt if this plan had worked.

It's extremely bold on the part of Iran. If it had been successful, it would basically be a declaration of war. Since it wasn't, do you think Obama will do anything other than scold Iran?
                    Give me your tired, your poor,
                    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
                    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
                    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post

While that is not his entire positon, as you like to pretend, they did (along with communities before they were taxed to death and insurance was required for everything). Doctors, including Paul, also took care of those who couldn't afford it for free until government made it illegal to do so. But SC was right, history didn't actually happen, and it is insane to suggest that something that already happened actually could happen.

Iran is not a threat. We continue to try to MAKE them a threat so that we can justify our insane foreign policy of scare, spend, occupy, spend that is entirely unsustainable, and there isn't a person being honest with themselves that can say it isn't unsustainable.

Of course they want nukes. Nations with nukes don't get sanctions placed on them, and they don't get invaded militarily. It allows them to get out of the policies placed on them that they want to get out of. We could reverse those desires simply by eliminating the policies they want to get rid of in the first place and attempting to engage their PEOPLE, not their government, in trade of goods and ideas.

Iran is not a threat to harm us physically. However, if we continue our policies towards them and increase the rhetoric and pressure, they could **** up our entire economy in a heartbeat. They have the geographic means to destroy the ability for oil to flow out of the region in a matter of minutes.

This story comes straight from the people who brought us fast and furious, yet you believe them now with no questions asked? Could it be because this supports what you want to believe and is shared by the candidate you want to "win" this week? Nahhh, couldn't be.

Our manufactured notion that they are a threat is similar to the case that came to light recently of the scumbag who admitted to the feds that he wanted to cause harm to the US, but didn't have the means, the money, and had no way to get them and therefore was abandoning his plan. The feds went undercover, encouraged him to do the acts, and gave him the weapons to do so, including a remote controlled small drone and explosives, then arrested him after making him a threat. A victory for freedom (of course, if like fast and furious he hadnt been arrested, it may not have been) and rhetoric fodder about how much danger we are in and how much we need to continue to spend trillions upon trillions per year interfering in nations that cant even produce a car, let alone launch an attack!

But go ahead and continue to live in fear, eat up every story that comes from the mouths of those in charge of operation fast and furious as gospel when it is convenient for you to do so, and be shocked when the dollar collapses under the weight of spending trillions on other peoples countries year in and year out.

I'm going to choose sanity, common sense, and reality instead.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! A THIRD WORLD NATION MAY HAVE HAD A PLOT TO KILL SOMEONE! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
                      Originally posted by SteveJRogers
                      Not getting how interest in puppetry = being less of a man.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                        While that is not his entire positon, as you like to pretend, they did (along with communities before they were taxed to death and insurance was required for everything). Doctors, including Paul, also took care of those who couldn't afford it for free until government made it illegal to do so. But SC was right, history didn't actually happen, and it is insane to suggest that something that already happened actually could happen.

Iran is not a threat. We continue to try to MAKE them a threat so that we can justify our insane foreign policy of scare, spend, occupy, spend that is entirely unsustainable, and there isn't a person being honest with themselves that can say it isn't unsustainable.

Of course they want nukes. Nations with nukes don't get sanctions placed on them, and they don't get invaded militarily. It allows them to get out of the policies placed on them that they want to get out of. We could reverse those desires simply by eliminating the policies they want to get rid of in the first place and attempting to engage their PEOPLE, not their government, in trade of goods and ideas.

Iran is not a threat to harm us physically. However, if we continue our policies towards them and increase the rhetoric and pressure, they could **** up our entire economy in a heartbeat. They have the geographic means to destroy the ability for oil to flow out of the region in a matter of minutes.

This story comes straight from the people who brought us fast and furious, yet you believe them now with no questions asked? Could it be because this supports what you want to believe and is shared by the candidate you want to "win" this week? Nahhh, couldn't be.

Our manufactured notion that they are a threat is similar to the case that came to light recently of the scumbag who admitted to the feds that he wanted to cause harm to the US, but didn't have the means, the money, and had no way to get them and therefore was abandoning his plan. The feds went undercover, encouraged him to do the acts, and gave him the weapons to do so, including a remote controlled small drone and explosives, then arrested him after making him a threat. A victory for freedom (of course, if like fast and furious he hadnt been arrested, it may not have been) and rhetoric fodder about how much danger we are in and how much we need to continue to spend trillions upon trillions per year interfering in nations that cant even produce a car, let alone launch an attack!

But go ahead and continue to live in fear, eat up every story that comes from the mouths of those in charge of operation fast and furious as gospel when it is convenient for you to do so, and be shocked when the dollar collapses under the weight of spending trillions on other peoples countries year in and year out.

I'm going to choose sanity, common sense, and reality instead.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! A THIRD WORLD NATION MAY HAVE HAD A PLOT TO KILL SOMEONE! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
                        AMEN.

Comment

Greg's right. Let's pull all our military from overseas and get them to start ridding us of the real threats like planes, cars, and vomit.
                          Support men's rights.

Kiner on Rick Ferrell being in the Hall of Fame: "I think catching four knuckleballers and not committing suicide is probably the reason he got into the Hall of Fame."

Mark my words, Cano or Hughes will be in a Mets uniform next season.
                          {On the Yankees offseason acquisitions}I guarantee that Lester OR Scherzer aren't far behind...

Comment

LMFAO.

What do you guys consider a "threat" to be?
                            I just took a crap and named it muhammed -- METSSC

The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles. -- Jeff Cooper, the Art of the Rifle

Comment

Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D. View Post
                              Greg's right. Let's pull all our military from overseas and get them to start ridding us of the real threats like planes, cars, and vomit.
                              and the sun. Ron Paul's 1st act as Pres will be to declare war on the real threat the sun.
                              “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Working...
                              X