Is Marjorie Taylor Greene our AOC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Marjorie Taylor Greene our AOC?

I know a few years back Jers was doing mental gymnastics trying to prove that members of The Squad, despite empirical opinion makers and pop culture instances proof, were not considered “faces” of the left’s mainstream profile.

But everything about this QAnon, Trumpet, anti-semite nutbar screams that it, when it comes to promoting her cause for Biden’s impeachment, is just Newsmax/OAN trying to grasp at whatever support the Trump populism movement has left and rebuild from there. As well as lefty opinion, satire and humor outlets trying hard to make this lunatic fringe member out to be what is the norm of the populist movement among conservatives.

So what says everyone here? Is this someone we should be giving this much attention to?
    NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
    The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
    Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
    Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

If the Republican Party had a long line of principled people in its ranks (fiscal hawks, Constitutionalists, etc), I’d say sure, this woman is an anomaly and that she doesn’t warrant the attention. But that’s not the case. Being a Republican no longer means anything. The party no longer stands strong on anything. It showed when they got nothing done with total control in 2016. It showed when Trump dumped on McCain and the party of supposed patriots shrugged. And it became blatantly obvious when Trump pretended in December he’d veto the spending bill that sent 85% of money to special interests and then backed down. He couldn’t even issue any kind of principled pardon (Snowden, assange, etc) in his dying days to send a f*ck you to the intelligence state that went after him. I mean... remember when the election was stolen? They couldn’t even stick to that for more than like two weeks. They don’t even have conviction in their own lies. This party has become good for absolutely nothing except populist bravado. The only thing we know they all agree on is their dislike for the media — wowie, what an engaging platform. You reap what you sow right? Maybe, just maybe, MTG is yield from this god awful harvest.
    Last edited by defender; 01-31-2021, 10:21 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised how quiet this pace is since the election was stolen and the left staged a false falg attack on the Capitol. Why do people of this board not care enogh to comment? They are OK witha fake presidnt?

Comment

Originally posted by Xfire View Post
        I'm surprised how quiet this pace is since the election was stolen and the left staged a false falg attack on the Capitol. Why do people of this board not care enogh to comment? They are OK witha fake presidnt?
        Wait. You’re surprised it got quiet around here?

The last few weeks of Trump’s presidency were pretty non-negotiable for any reasonable person. He professed his love for hundreds of people who invaded the capital. He pretended he’d veto a spending bill for show and came up empty. He pardoned Bannon who directly stole money from the most ardent Trump supporters pretending he’d use it to build the wall Trump couldn’t deliver.

The jig is up at this point regarding what Trump was all along - a fraud, a show, a charlatan, a wannabe strongman. If you’d gone all in on this guy, you either have to admit you were totally hoodwinked or go full QAnon election fraud conspiracy theorist. Neither is a good look.

Comment

Yet many don't admit it. I don't get it...

Comment

Working...
          X