POTUS went down to Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTUS went down to Georgia

Anyone want to take a stab at the notion that it was a repudiation of him, especially his antics since E-day? Anyone want to make the argument that he did not damage the SEN Candidates? Beyond that does this have furhter reaching ramifications for future of party, or all is forgotten by 2022? Who's being smarter, Tom Cotton or Hawley/Cruz

I prefer divided government, so last night's result was not ideal.

It's going to be fascinating to watch what becomes of the GOP now. Trump's greatest accomplishment was to turn the GOP into the party of the forgotten worker. Biden got elected by cultural and industry elites, suburbanites, and welfare recipients. Blue collar workers, middle America, and larger chunks of minorities defected to Trump's populist GOP -- which was a huge deal. But what now? I can't imagine Trump will run again -- it'll easier to keep trolling on Twitter. At best, he becomes GOP kingmaker in 2022 and 2024. At worst, he is a gadfly. Without Trump's charisma, is the GOP going to keep the angry factory worker? I doubt it. No one is going to stop traffic and get into a fist fight with antifa for Tom Cotton.

If the GOP can't galvanize as populists without Trump actually in office, they're in trouble. They'll have to center on something else. Of course, they'll talk a big game about reigning in the debt now that Dems control the purse, but that's just lip service.

Their best bet, realistically, will be to wait for the Biden-Harris and a Dem Congress to trip over their own feet -- more PC bullshit, more appeasing the Squad, more wasted spending, more wars, etc -- so Americans have something to vote against. The pendulum will swing again -- it always does.

Comment

And now supporters of the BLM and Antifa agitators have their shining example of a thuggish, hateful and violent mob to blanket all Republicans with for the next two years, at least!

To say nothing on how they can say “we only did sit-ins and peaceful chantings inside The Capitol” and “we never stormed the White House itself”
      NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
      The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
      Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
      Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

Comment

Law and order.

Comment

Courageous leadership.

Comment

POTUS needs a consequence. He CAUSED today's event. Worst day since 9/11?

Comment

Originally posted by Xfire View Post
              POTUS needs a consequence. He CAUSED today's event. Worst day since 9/11?
              Worst breach of The Capitol since 1814!
              NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
              The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
              Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
              Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

Comment

In 1932, Hoover sent tanks and cavalry after the Bonus Army camped on the Capital lawn. Several died.

An assassination attempt once reached Truman’s home on Pennsylvania Ave. It was only stopped by a shoot out.

What happened yesterday was really bad. But also not entirely unprecedented as the media keeps repeating.

Comment

Originally posted by defender View Post
                  In 1932, Hoover sent tanks and cavalry after the Bonus Army camped on the Capital lawn. Several died.

An assassination attempt once reached Truman’s home on Pennsylvania Ave. It was only stopped by a shoot out.

What happened yesterday was really bad. But also not entirely unprecedented as the media keeps repeating.
                  The build up to it was. He advertised it for weeks say It's going to be wild. Then imploring the rabble to march on the capitol at the rally. Then told the protestors he loved them and they were special. There's more to come. And yes, in the way this was set up and predictable, was all on POTUS and that is unprecedented. This era of laissez faire society is over. The pandemic was a clue. More authoritarianism would put a stop to all this nonsense. Full Singapore. What I love about living in Asia, People do what they are told AND are willing to sacrifice for the collective good.

Comment

Originally posted by Xfire View Post

The build up to it was. He advertised it for weeks say It's going to be wild. Then imploring the rabble to march on the capitol at the rally. Then told the protestors he loved them and they were special. There's more to come. And yes, in the way this was set up and predictable, was all on POTUS and that is unprecedented. This era of laissez faire society is over. The pandemic was a clue. More authoritarianism would put a stop to all this nonsense. Full Singapore. What I love about living in Asia, People do what they are told AND are willing to sacrifice for the collective good.
                    Yesterday, you watched a wannabe strongman encourage his followers to over run the Capital in hopes he could seize power in direct violation of a free election. You're rightly offended by this. But if the conclusion you've drawn from this is that we need more authoritarianism, you've lost the plot. A nation of laws, not men -- remember?

Comment

I'm old enough to remember when the DemocRATS occupied the capitol and took over several offices because Brett Kavanaugh likes to drink beer.
                      My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by defender View Post

Yesterday, you watched a wannabe strongman encourage his followers to over run the Capital in hopes he could seize power in direct violation of a free election. You're rightly offended by this. But if the conclusion you've drawn from this is that we need more authoritarianism, you've lost the plot. A nation of laws, not men -- remember?
                        I agree we are a nation of laws. I am advocating heavy handed enforcement of the law.
                        Last edited by Xfire; 01-08-2021, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X