Credit where credit is due...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit where credit is due...

This is everything he should have been doing for four years... presidential might I say.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/22/trum...-payments.html

Originally posted by defender View Post
    This is everything he should have been doing for four years... presidential might I say.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/22/trum...-payments.html
    AOC has been advocating this the whole time. Trump can't do this or it will make it look like he agrees with her. His last piece of leg is something AOC advocated month ago. I always knew he had a deep inner lib he was suppressing to play this role. If he had shown that more in his POTUS time, he would have won by a landslide. Outflank JB both from right and left. Too bad he didnt do this in October. What a bad campagn.
    Last edited by Xfire; 12-24-2020, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xfire View Post

AOC has been advocating this the whole time. Trump can't do this or it will make it look like he agrees with her. His last piece of leg is something AOC advocated month ago. I always knew he had a deep inner lib he was suppressing to play this role. If he had shown that more in his POTUS time, he would have won by a landslide. Outflank JB both from right and left. Too bad he didnt do this in October. What a bad campagn.
      AOC’s main gripe with the bill was that they didn’t have enough time to read it and that there was too much pork for cronies, not enough relief for the people.

These are hardly AOC-specific concerns. And quite frankly, I don’t think Trump gives a damn about appearing to have sided with AOC, anyway.

Comment

AOC’s main gripe with the bill was that they didn’t have enough time to read it and that there was too much pork for cronies, not enough relief for the people.

These are hardly AOC-specific concerns. And quite frankly, I don’t think Trump gives a damn about appearing to have sided with AOC, anyway.
        I'm being sarcastic, but indeed she has been a champion of 2k for a long time. But let the spin begin

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaki...all-americans/

Comment

As much as I can’t stand either of them...They are both right on this. Shouldn’t be any other **** in this bill others than to help individuals and small businesses.
          The other problem I have is, even if they fix the amount of relief is that the income cap on the stimulus checks is based on 2019 income. That doesn’t help a lot of the people who lost their jobs or income from their business this year.
          Make America Lift Again

Comment

$2k or not, this bill is the poster child for the line item veto. So much crap got loaded into this bill. What a shame that Comgress didn't care as much for the financial welfare of US citizens as it did for some of those other line items.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaver41 View Post
              $2k or not, this bill is the poster child for the line item veto. So much crap got loaded into this bill. What a shame that Comgress didn't care as much for the financial welfare of US citizens as it did for some of those other line items.
              Line item veto or just :single legislation". No sneaking s*** it there. On another note, ca nayone recall such incoherent behavior on the part of a POTUS as DJT is doing right now. Sign the bill, then come back for more later. Like Toomey said yesterday. The cost of inactivity is too high.

Comment

Update:

Signed off on the stimulus bill. He’s a 100-percent, absolutely, dyed in the wool, all talk, worthless pussy. I remember when John Boehner used to pull this schtick too, throwing meaningless fits for the camera.

Pakistan gets their gender programs. DrAin tHe SwAmp.

Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaver41 View Post
                  $2k or not, this bill is the poster child for the line item veto.
                  bingo.

Comment

Update:

Signed off on the stimulus bill. He’s a 100-percent, absolutely, dyed in the wool, all talk, worthless pussy. I remember when John Boehner used to pull this schtick too, throwing meaningless fits for the camera.

Pakistan gets their gender programs. DrAin tHe SwAmp.

Good riddance.
                    if this doesn't enshrine him as WPOUTUSE I don't know what does.

Comment

Line item veto or just :single legislation". No sneaking s*** it there. On another note, ca nayone recall such incoherent behavior on the part of a POTUS as DJT is doing right now. Sign the bill, then come back for more later. Like Toomey said yesterday. The cost of inactivity is too high.
                      ****, how bout just a page limit on every bill? 50 pages? 100? certainly not the 2 billion pages this thing was. If it gets that complicated they're clearly trying to hide ****
                      I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

I don't qualify for the handout anyways, so no dog in the fight, but when does everyone else get fed up with being fed peanuts?
                        My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeNblueNmyVeins View Post
                          I don't qualify for the handout anyways, so no dog in the fight
                          Your dog in the fight is your savings. Twenty percent of the US dollars ever in existence have been printed during the Trump presidency. If you think that doesn’t devalue the money you had tucked away, think again. Inflation is the most insidious tax of all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shastada View Post

****, how bout just a page limit on every bill? 50 pages? 100? certainly not the 2 billion pages this thing was. If it gets that complicated they're clearly trying to hide ****
                            just saying. more referendum. simpler bills. issue by issue. no allowing backfill bs to pass main part of bill. is it really that complicated?

Comment

just saying. more referendum. simpler bills. issue by issue. no allowing backfill bs to pass main part of bill. is it really that complicated?
                              Seems like many people from both sides if the aisle as well as those without a side/home agree on this. Yes it keeps happening....we keep sending these jackasses to Washington.
                              Make America Lift Again

Comment

Working...
                              X