Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRUMP WINS!!!!!!!

Discuss

The fate of the nation depends on several dozen black female democrat activists hand counting ballots in Detroit, Atlanta and Philadelphia. There has to be a better way
    “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

"As long as I count the votes...what are you going to do about it or say?"

"What new rules? There hasn't been any rules changes
      since the Black Sox Scandal, 1919. Big League Tegwar's
      Big League Tegwar known to every big-time ballplayer
      from Boston to California."
      Joe Jaros, Coach; New York Mammoths

Comment

It will be interesting to see what evidence will be produced to substantiate the claims of fraud. Mike Pence is saying count all the legal votes. I think everyone thinks that. Maybe we need to have national standards for the process instead of state by state. Keep it simple and consistent. Continuing to count votes after election day is certianly not new. Nor is mail in and absentee balloting. But what national rules could do is demystify the process once and for all.

Also, winner take all is related to voter suppression. If I am a GOP in CA or DEM in WYO, why bother voting? All states should do like Maine and Nebraska and award electors by % representation. This should be a modification to the EC both parties should be able to get behind. Finally, ranked choice voting. Demand the winner capture more than 50% of the popular vote. RCV does that. And also eliminates the disconnect between pop vote and ec vote. Of all the mismatches in those counts, only once did the PO vote winner/EC loser capture more than 50%, Sam Tilden in 1876.

Last edited by Xfire; 11-05-2020, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xfire View Post
          It will be interesting to see what evidence will be produced to substantiate the claims of fraud. Mike Pence is saying count all the legal votes. I think everyone thinks that. Maybe we need to have national standards for the process instead of state by state. Keep it simple and consistent. Continuing to count votes after election day is certianly not new. Nor is mail in and absentee balloting. But what national rules could do is demystify the process once and for all.

Also, winner take all is related to voter suppression. If I am a GOP in CA or DEM in WYO, why bother voting? All states should do like Maine and Nebraska and award electors by % representation. This should be a modification to the EC both parties should be able to get behind. Finally, ranked choice voting. Demand the winner capture more than 50% of the popular vote. RCV does that. And also eliminates the disconnect between pop vote and ec vote. Of all the mismatches in those counts, only once did the PO vote winner/EC loser capture more than 50%, Sam Tilden in 1876.

Fair points. I definitely think ranked choice voting is something to consider. At least it would prevent the losing side from blaming me for their guy losing.
          With all the technology we have today there has to be a way to make the voting process easy, accessible and secure.
          Make America Lift Again

Comment

One person, one vote is archaic and ineffective. Ranked choice is a step in the right direction. Quadratic voting would be even better.

Alternatively, we could just reign in executive power so no one has to fret over what will happen when the other side takes over the Oval Office. A presidential election was never supposed to matter this much.

Comment

Originally posted by defender View Post
              One person, one vote is archaic and ineffective. Ranked choice is a step in the right direction. Quadratic voting would be even better.

Alternatively, we could just reign in executive power so no one has to fret over what will happen when the other side takes over the Oval Office. A presidential election was never supposed to matter this much.
              Yup. To quote candidate Yeezy himself. “No one man should have all that power”
              Make America Lift Again

Comment

We we don't have one person one vote for POTUS as it is. What I'm talking about is allocation of EC by proportionality, since the burden to eliminate the EC altogether, which isn't even archaic, it was never timely in the first place.

But some combo of RCV or QV and proportionality of EC based on state by state pop vote would make candidates focus on all 50, rather than 10 or less, which is exactly what happens now. On another note, I like parliamentary systems. Not sure why we need both congress and senate. And if POTUS can only get 2 terms, why can the reps and sens stay forever. If we want to reduce corruption in gov, that also needs to be addressed.

Comment

Being a member of congress shouldn’t be a career but theylll never vote to term limit themselves. I’d love to see the presidency be 1 6 year term so they don’t spend a year campaigning and 4 years fundraising. And this universal mail in voting has to stop. How do we know democrat operatives in poor urban areas didn’t go knocking on doors helping people fill out ballots they got in the mail who otherwise wouldn’t bother to vote. The whole thing reeks
                  “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post
                    Being a member of congress shouldn’t be a career but theylll never vote to term limit themselves. I’d love to see the presidency be 1 6 year term so they don’t spend a year campaigning and 4 years fundraising. And this universal mail in voting has to stop. How do we know democrat operatives in poor urban areas didn’t go knocking on doors helping people fill out ballots they got in the mail who otherwise wouldn’t bother to vote. The whole thing reeks
                    So they are not legal votes? If they are eligible to vote and the rules allow it, they are received on time and/or other compliance issues have been met, then by what reason do you disqualify them? By the way, would you make the same characterization of suburbs where this also occurred, and the margins of absentee/mail in are on a par with Philly and Detroit? Dems were widely coached to do this amid pandemic. Instead of dissing the mail in concept, maybe Trump should have urged GOP voters to do the same. Turned out to be a good campaign strategy and this was the biggest turnout in our lifetime.

Earlier in the thread the subject of national standards for voting, if nothing else to reduce the optics of skepticism and make it clear and simple. Meanwhile, POTUS not helping self with his narrative. Does he have any evidence of fraud and is claiming it as fact? If there were facts that could change the outcome, wouldn't we have more tips on this?

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post
                      Being a member of congress shouldn’t be a career but theylll never vote to term limit themselves.
                      How sad we allow people with obvious conflicts of interest to set the rules. There should be some "fox guarding the hen house" law.

Comment

We we don't have one person one vote for POTUS as it is. What I'm talking about is allocation of EC by proportionality, since the burden to eliminate the EC altogether, which isn't even archaic, it was never timely in the first place.

But some combo of RCV or QV and proportionality of EC based on state by state pop vote would make candidates focus on all 50, rather than 10 or less, which is exactly what happens now. On another note, I like parliamentary systems. Not sure why we need both congress and senate. And if POTUS can only get 2 terms, why can the reps and sens stay forever. If we want to reduce corruption in gov, that also needs to be addressed.
                        Well, EC allocation aside, we do still have one vote each on POTUS. Ranked choice and quadratic are far more efficient ways for voters to communicate their preferences on the ballot. Rather than one vote per person per election, quadratic allows you to save your votes and spend more of them on a candidate or referendum you feel most strongly about. It’s more complicated as the cost of each additional vote you’d like to cast increases quadratically. But in theory, it allows small blocks of minority groups to store votes and have a chance to defend themselves against popular but bad ideas.

Comment

Well, EC allocation aside, we do still have one vote each on POTUS. Ranked choice and quadratic are far more efficient ways for voters to communicate their preferences on the ballot. Rather than one vote per person per election, quadratic allows you to save your votes and spend more of them on a candidate or referendum you feel most strongly about. It’s more complicated as the cost of each additional vote you’d like to cast increases quadratically. But in theory, it allows small blocks of minority groups to store votes and have a chance to defend themselves against popular but bad ideas.
                          "EC aside", that is precisely my challenge to the one person=one vote thing. Totally agree with you about QV. I think it's too complicated for most to package and sell. RCV guarantees winner gets more than 50% and pretty much prevents part the key grievance of EC, namely that pop vote does not ensure EC vote. With RCV it does. You don't lose the EC if you got 50%+ in the pop vote. (Except in 1876 and the weird back story of an anomaly election)

Comment

So they are not legal votes? If they are eligible to vote and the rules allow it, they are received on time and/or other compliance issues have been met, then by what reason do you disqualify them? By the way, would you make the same characterization of suburbs where this also occurred, and the margins of absentee/mail in are on a par with Philly and Detroit? Dems were widely coached to do this amid pandemic. Instead of dissing the mail in concept, maybe Trump should have urged GOP voters to do the same. Turned out to be a good campaign strategy and this was the biggest turnout in our lifetime.

Earlier in the thread the subject of national standards for voting, if nothing else to reduce the optics of skepticism and make it clear and simple. Meanwhile, POTUS not helping self with his narrative. Does he have any evidence of fraud and is claiming it as fact? If there were facts that could change the outcome, wouldn't we have more tips on this?

im pretty sure it’s not legal in most states including New York.

It's early!!!

Comment

Hey, whatever happened to that guy who insisted that Biden was the only dem who could beat Trump?
                              COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

(Originally posted by Attorney General Barr)
                              "it also does not exonerate him"
                              ​​​
                              Semper Fortis......De Oppresso Liber

Comment

Working...
                              X