Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victim Culture is Destroying the West

My EntireTeam Sucks...

This seems obvious, but it doesn't really matter now anyway... as he said, anyone under the age of 40 has this baked into their heads now and I don't see how it can be undone. They've been training generations worth of 'woke' PC warriors that get offended for sport.
    I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

Comment

The biggest tragedy, IMO, about outrage culture is the fact we've conflated being offended with wisdom. Being offended is a feeling. It's a mere perception and at its worst, it's an illusion. It is not fact, truth, and rationality, which should always be the tools with which we draw our largest conclusions about the world. The Enlightenment is the foundation on which modern, civil society has been built. You can only whack it with so many sledgehammer before the whole thing collapses.

Comment

utter bs. things come and go. Posit an alternative or STFU. Defender, I;m disappointed by your milquetoast response. Sophisticated hogwash. You are better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Xfire View Post
          utter bs. things come and go. Posit an alternative or STFU. Defender, I;m disappointed by your milquetoast response. Sophisticated hogwash. You are better than that.
          All threats to free speech ought to be taken seriously whether they come from the state or from a self righteous mob that will dox you, cancel you, or punch you for breaking orthodoxy.

Who are you to be disappointed in me, anyway?

Comment

I dunno, man. I have always pretty much considered myself to be liberal but these people scare me. People are losing jobs for posting things like " All Lives Matter" on social media. It's scary.

Also, what is going on in Atlanta with these officers is a sin. I can't say 100% whether the shooting was justified but what the DA is doing is disgusting. No bail for the cop who fired the shot? Really? BS charges against the second officer?

I was an ADA for 13 years and am glad I am no longer one. The ant-cop and pandering to the mobs is sickening.

"Jerry, just remember, itís not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

Originally posted by defender View Post

All threats to free speech ought to be taken seriously whether they come from the state or from a self righteous mob that will dox you, cancel you, or punch you for breaking orthodoxy.

Who are you to be disappointed in me, anyway?
              Because you are the voice of balance and reason around here and I think you are off on some of your recent posts. BUT, these are weird times. I am vacillating across zones I never been before. So I feel ya. just no agreeing with you as much as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Denny View Post

I dunno, man. I have always pretty much considered myself to be liberal but these people scare me. People are losing jobs for posting things like " All Lives Matter" on social media. It's scary.

Also, what is going on in Atlanta with these officers is a sin. I can't say 100% whether the shooting was justified but what the DA is doing is disgusting. No bail for the cop who fired the shot? Really? BS charges against the second officer?

I was an ADA for 13 years and am glad I am no longer one. The ant-cop and pandering to the mobs is sickening.
                13 years.Damn time goes by quicker when you get old. I think you should not take the anti-cop thing so literally, And, um, if you were black, what would you think. Are the blacks wrong? If so, how?

Comment

13 years.Damn time goes by quicker when you get old. I think you should not take the anti-cop thing so literally, And, um, if you were black, what would you think. Are the blacks wrong? If so, how?
                  I can't say anyone is wrong because it is definitely a matter of perspective. I know the way neighborhoods in the inner city are policed and I think that I if I had to grow up each day witnessing the type of police presence in my neighborhood, I'd have a much different opinion.

But again, there is a lot of other factors that play into it. Many of these neighborhoods are poor and high drug trafficking areas so they're going to be policed much differently than the suburbs. And the law abiding residents of these neighborhoods get tired of the shootings and drug dealing and request the heavy police presence.

From the officer's perspective, they should also understand that they are in a profession that is disproportionally white and are policing a population that is disproportionally black and brown. Thus, I am in favor of cultural awareness training and deescalation.

It's funny because I have friends who say things like there are bad doctors, bad lawyers( of course), bad teachers, etc. There are bad apples in every bunch, so to speak. But policing is pretty much the only profession where the members of the profession can legally kill their customers. So accountability is surely necessary. That said, I have seen DA's like this cat in ATL and many of them have an agenda.

Comment

This is a bit troubling unless there is much more to the story. I could understand if she was harassing employees who had BLM gear in the their work places but if all she did was reach out to a political candidate and write " Back the Blue" in a hashtag, and this caused employees to feel threatened, then we are in sad shape.

​​​​​​https://conandaily.com/2020/06/19/ga...rime-mortgage/

Comment

Then there is this. Imagine being called for jury duty in this case and wondering if you'll still have a job if you vote to acquit.

​​​​​​https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dirty-k...092836266.html

Comment

Originally posted by Big Denny View Post
                        Then there is this. Imagine being called for jury duty in this case and wondering if you'll still have a job if you vote to acquit.

​​​​​​https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dirty-k...092836266.html
                        Yup, sort of like the soccer player who got cut because his wife said something insensitive.

It’s a bizarre trend.... people and businesses who haven’t actually been accused of any wrongdoing jumping through hoops to publicly prove their purity to the outrage mob. It’s like they’re imposing a show trial upon themselves. The OK State coach apologizing for wearing an OAN t-shirt comes to mind.

And much of it is probably inauthentic anyway, driven by self preservation. Is this really the path toward progress — people issuing fake apologies and yelling with the crowd solely out of fear not to?

Comment

Working...
                        X