On the brightside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shastada View Post

You're just talking about another media narrative. They amplify to push the agenda. There are miserable shitstains everywhere on every side of any issue, but the media writes the script, narrates what they want to achieve their current goals, almost always about maximizing their bottom line, while also furthering their agenda.

You see it on social media all the time, they amplify things through bots and 'sharing' to amplify messages, normally on both sides to get more traffic and posting to occur to drive... $$$$$$. Everytime you see something on the 'news' or 'social media' stop and think WHY are you seeing it, what are they trying to tell you? information? or how to 'feel'?
    That is true. I’d have a pretty decent dime collection if I had a dime for every time I saw some insane “see what so and so said about Trump supporters” or whatever “piece” from some shady, pop-up spy/ad/spam/malware infested “newz!~ sites” in FB groups dedicated to Fox News personalities.

Usually the posts are flooded with agreements in the comments than posters genuinely asking for those types of “fake news stories”, meant just to stoke the flames, and hatred of liberals, well more than they already deserve
    NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
    The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
    Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
    Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

Comment

Going back to the title of this thread. Good seeing those groaning at Trump tying George Floyd into today’s good economic news are the same ones who DID NOT groan/eye roll on Obama’s “son” comment when it came to eulogizing Trayvon Martin.

Though sadly I’d imagine they’d fail to see the irony in how they react to Presidents trying just a little to hard to bring something into whatever it is he’s discussing at the moment!

Comment

Looks like the first wave is striking back!

SMH...

The sad thing is how little reports are adding the protests, riots, autonomous zones and statue removing gatherings into the mix with beach, other outdoor activities and bar going lunatics that they over emphasize.

Also with the sports related positive cases reported, chances are greater now that none of the sports that were shut down in March will end up restarting!

So much for that 60 game MLB sprint!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post
          Looks like the first wave is striking back!

SMH...

The sad thing is how little reports are adding the protests, riots, autonomous zones and statue removing gatherings into the mix with beach, other outdoor activities and bar going lunatics that they over emphasize.

Also with the sports related positive cases reported, chances are greater now that none of the sports that were shut down in March will end up restarting!

So much for that 60 game MLB sprint!

2 things the media doesn’t want to talk about is Cuomo’s disastrous nursing home policy and the spike in cases post mass libtard protests. As for sports talk to me when one of them dies or is put on a ventilator. Horse racing has been open for a couple of weeks now with no problems

“President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post

2 things the media doesn’t want to talk about is Cuomo’s disastrous nursing home policy and the spike in cases post mass libtard protests. As for sports talk to me when one of them dies or is put on a ventilator. Horse racing has been open for a couple of weeks now with no problems
            I think sports (hopefully) will be ok...NASCAR and golf have managed ok too. Golf has had a few players test positive but they seem to be managing it ok. Sports overseas have faired well so far. Obviously it will be impossible to eliminate it entirely...the challenge with team sports will be for it not to impact a large portion of a roster at one time.
            As for the spikes...while the protests definitely increased risk we aren’t yet seeing large spikes in all the areas that had large number of protests (NY etc) so probably other factors involved.
            Make America Lift Again

Comment

Originally posted by Onda7 View Post

I think sports (hopefully) will be ok...NASCAR and golf have managed ok too. Golf has had a few players test positive but they seem to be managing it ok. Sports overseas have faired well so far. Obviously it will be impossible to eliminate it entirely...the challenge with team sports will be for it not to impact a large portion of a roster at one time.
              As for the spikes...while the protests definitely increased risk we aren’t yet seeing large spikes in all the areas that had large number of protests (NY etc) so probably other factors involved.
              These BLM and antifa protestors are all not necessarily local, a lot of these agitators move from city to city . Houston and LA were 2 cities with some of the highest spikes And they had some of the largest protests. Philly had that massive protest, I’m not sure if they saw a spike or not
              “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

These BLM and antifa protestors are all not necessarily local, a lot of these agitators move from city to city . Houston and LA were 2 cities with some of the highest spikes And they had some of the largest protests. Philly had that massive protest, I’m not sure if they saw a spike or not
                But even if some were moving from city to city you would still think you’d see large spikes all over the country (Especially NY and DC), not just in a handful of areas. I would reckon it certainly played a role in some areas I can’t imagine anything involving crowds, (especially if folks were not wearing masks) would not have a negative impact. Per John Hopkins website it looks like a bit of an uptick in PA (great resource by the way, for trends etc)...but I recall seeing something about an outbreak in allegheny county (which is near Pittsburgh)...can’t confirm the accuracy of that though.
                Not saying protests played no role but there has to be some other factors at play based on the trends ...I just hope NY stays in the green.
                Make America Lift Again

Comment

But even if some were moving from city to city you would still think you’d see large spikes all over the country (Especially NY and DC), not just in a handful of areas. I would reckon it certainly played a role in some areas I can’t imagine anything involving crowds, (especially if folks were not wearing masks) would not have a negative impact. Per John Hopkins website it looks like a bit of an uptick in PA (great resource by the way, for trends etc)...but I recall seeing something about an outbreak in allegheny county (which is near Pittsburgh)...can’t confirm the accuracy of that though.
                  Not saying protests played no role but there has to be some other factors at play based on the trends ...I just hope NY stays in the green.

New York’s numbers are so far off the charts in cases and deaths(10 Plus times that of Florida) that I’m not sure a spike is possible. I’m wondering in NY has achieved some level of herd immunity. I know dozens of people that got it and don’t know anyone that died from it.

It's early!!!

Comment

New York’s numbers are so far off the charts in cases and deaths(10 Plus times that of Florida) that I’m not sure a spike is possible. I’m wondering in NY has achieved some level of herd immunity. I know dozens of people that got it and don’t know anyone that died from it.
                    Possibly more immunity in NY. Me and a few coworkers got antibody tests last month. Surprisingly we were all negative with all our exposure at work etc...but may be some question about the accuracy.
                    Unfortunately, my coworkers BIL passed from it (but older, high risk) and a former manager (he wasn’t that old) as well.
                    So much data to unpack with all this given how new the virus is...but hopefully we can get a handle on it...unfortunately so much has been politicized (on both sides). It takes some effort to find objective, reliable info. John Hopkins and MedCram on youtube have been my favorite sources.
                    Make America Lift Again

Comment

unfortunately so much has been politicized (on both sides).
                      From the “And There It Is...” department. Finally saw someone suggest that all those who are “anti-maskers (not a thing...yet)” are “so-called” (their words) Pro Lifers.

As if acting like you are being bullied and pressured into doing preventive measures due to individuality rights is on the level of wanting the right to kill something inside of you before it can come out of you.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post

From the “And There It Is...” department. Finally saw someone suggest that all those who are “anti-maskers (not a thing...yet)” are “so-called” (their words) Pro Lifers.

As if acting like you are being bullied and pressured into doing preventive measures due to individuality rights is on the level of wanting the right to kill something inside of you before it can come out of you.
                        I don’t get how mask wearing has become political. I don’t want to see the police locking people up for not wearing them, and am not even crazy about government mandates... and I really don’t care if someone doesn’t wear one..... but these goon nuggets that are throwing **** fits about having to wear one into a privately owned grocery store need to stop acting like they are the next Rosa parks. And don’t even get me going on the “hypoxia” nonsense....surgeons have been wearing them for a century doing intricate surgeries without an issue. I wore a face covering for over an hour in a hot ass gym and I didn’t die. If someone can’t handle it for a 30 minute trip into Costco they probably are in the category that should be staying home.
                        Make America Lift Again

Comment

I don’t get how mask wearing has become political. I don’t want to see the police locking people up for not wearing them, and am not even crazy about government mandates... and I really don’t care if someone doesn’t wear one..... but these goon nuggets that are throwing **** fits about having to wear one into a privately owned grocery store need to stop acting like they are the next Rosa parks. And don’t even get me going on the “hypoxia” nonsense....surgeons have been wearing them for a century doing intricate surgeries without an issue. I wore a face covering for over an hour in a hot ass gym and I didn’t die. If someone can’t handle it for a 30 minute trip into Costco they probably are in the category that should be staying home.
                          As nutty as they can be, the shaming and sheet meltdowns over those who don’t, and aren’t acting like entitled Karens over having to wear them, even to the point of accusing them of murder, is probably a worse look.

Especially as I said, if you are going to equate the perceived “Reproductive Rights” (gotta use the current correct “woke term”) leanings of those who are nutty about not wanting to wear them.

Be more concerned over congregations of strangers/non relatives of more than a basketball team photo session, or someone under the weather sneezing and coughing openly in a store than three random unmasked kids hanging out outside a store or something.

Or at least don’t act like a Karen that they aren’t outwardly conducting themselves to your personal standards.

Comment

I mean, chances are that kind of social shaming and bullying probably caused the other extreme to be as loud and boisterous as they have been.

Comment

Working...
                            X