Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the brightside...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Wow, I actually agree with people on this forum. Crazy.

    I simply don't get the hypocrisy by the left. I realize that the curve has flattened somewhat and that there has been phased reopening but the actions of the protesters do not comply with any of the phased reopening and yet the left is lauding them as heroes. Forget the looters and rioters because I personally believe they are a very small percentage of the protesters. But even the peaceful protesters were people who were afraid to leave the house a week ago. And now, they are arm in arm with each other and hugging and shaking hands with various chiefs of police. Many of these chiefs aren't wearing masks and at least some of the protesters aren't either. Aren't these political officials?

    So yeah, seniors were told that they couldn't have anything more than a drive by graduation because even in an open field with masks and social distancing it was just too risky. People could not worship in house of worship for the same reason. But protesting somehow takes priority over everything. Why can't the protestors do it virtually by Zoom like everyone else?

    This is insane. Anyway, a good time to be retired, I suppose. Good to be back, you sh!t stains.


    "Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Shastada View Post
      I yet to see one real suggestion from any of the BLM folks about what to do to 'fix' things other than to end racism... which you know... you can't.

      Some calls for changing things in the election though they seem to not realize that the liberals don't give two shits about them and take their votes for granted already... I mean the presidential candidate just said you weren't black if you don't vote for him all of two weeks ago. Pretty obvious what they think of your vote. Never mind the 8 years of a 'black' president where nothing was even attempted to be done to fix this.
      I’ve been saying this about most protests in recent years. Such as the women’s rallies every January.

      And famously #OccupyWallStreet.

      What are the goals that you wish to accomplish? Because other wise you are giving attention whore SJWs the excuse to have a day off from whatever they had to do that day.

      Many of the “organizations” have way too vague “stated goals” that either have come to pass (there was a sign at a women’s march recently about still having to protest this sh!t but wasn’t specific about what Women’s Lib issue from the 1960s she was still championing) or are able to be worked on at the private/local levels.

      Solidarity Vigils are one thing, but this has gone beyond the pale of simple justice system reform and seems to be yet another “marginalized groups need to just be heard” thing with riots added.
      NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
      The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
      Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
      Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Big Denny View Post
        Wow, I actually agree with people on this forum. Crazy.

        I simply don't get the hypocrisy by the left. I realize that the curve has flattened somewhat and that there has been phased reopening but the actions of the protesters do not comply with any of the phased reopening and yet the left is lauding them as heroes. Forget the looters and rioters because I personally believe they are a very small percentage of the protesters. But even the peaceful protesters were people who were afraid to leave the house a week ago. And now, they are arm in arm with each other and hugging and shaking hands with various chiefs of police. Many of these chiefs aren't wearing masks and at least some of the protesters aren't either. Aren't these political officials?

        So yeah, seniors were told that they couldn't have anything more than a drive by graduation because even in an open field with masks and social distancing it was just too risky. People could not worship in house of worship for the same reason. But protesting somehow takes priority over everything. Why can't the protestors do it virtually by Zoom like everyone else?

        This is insane. Anyway, a good time to be retired, I suppose. Good to be back, you sh!t stains.
        Look what the cat dragged. Lol. Welcome back.

        Make America Lift Again

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post
          I don’t see how Trump gets re-elected after this. Only way is to actually cancel the election.
          For the first time he slipped to being a slight dog in Vegas.
          Make America Lift Again

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Xfire

            Sorry to see you of this mindset, which is what I was hoping for, You are basically the only one here who speaks with objectivity,
            What mindset? Leftists have spent recent years pushing the idea that speech (they don’t like) can be violence. Meanwhile, assault, theft, arson, and now some murders are baked right into a protest they’ll tell you is mostly peaceful. It’s objectively bullshit.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Onda7 View Post

              For the first time he slipped to being a slight dog in Vegas.
              It's going to be interesting. We already know which way the cities will go. I think the election will swing on the Silent Majority types of suburbia, who pretty firmly bought into Trump last time around. But if the economy is still in the dumps and there are riots in the street, it's going to be harder for Trump to convince those people that he's really is the candidate of law, order, and prosperity.

              Comment


              • #22
                Trump will win. Joe "Shoot 'em in the leg" Biden is a sacrificial lamb. It will all seem so obvious when it's over.

                Trump *would* win the popular vote except I think some deep blue states (Cali, Illinois, NY) will do mail-in voting, run up the score, and take care of all that.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by defender View Post

                  It's going to be interesting. We already know which way the cities will go. I think the election will swing on the Silent Majority types of suburbia, who pretty firmly bought into Trump last time around. But if the economy is still in the dumps and there are riots in the street, it's going to be harder for Trump to convince those people that he's really is the candidate of law, order, and prosperity.
                  For sure. Looks like Trump is back to being a slight favorite this morning. I know it’s beating a dead horse but if 3rd party/indy can’t make a run in this election (or the last one for that matter) it will never happen. And is not voting for president a vote for Trump or is a vote for Biden? Haha.
                  Make America Lift Again

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Onda7 View Post

                    For sure. Looks like Trump is back to being a slight favorite this morning. I know it’s beating a dead horse but if 3rd party/indy can’t make a run in this election (or the last one for that matter) it will never happen. And is not voting for president a vote for Trump or is a vote for Biden? Haha.
                    Depends on where you live I guess and what you would 'normally' do. If you're registered to a party and choose to sit out, in theory you're hurting that party and not the other. If you're independent and don't vote you're not really 'hurting' anyone.

                    Either way, I think thinks will become pretty clear in the next two months, well before the election in November. The democrats tried to impeach and failed, they tried to destroy the economy during the virus and if they fail on that they have the good old race war to play. If the economy picks up at all and people get back to work then it'll be a slam dunk for Trump I think.
                    I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      If the election were in February Trump would have won in a landslide. Since then we’ve had a pandemic and a cop Horrifically murder someone on video Throwing the country into chaos and Biden has been able to hide so if the election were held today Biden would probably win but this is just a snapshot in time. In the coming months as the riots subside and the economy starts picking up and Biden has to debate the pendulum will swing back to Trump. The media is totally in tank for Biden but does anyone trust anything the media says anymore
                      “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”


                      It's early!!!


                      Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I think the difference is that a major flaw in his leadership now been exposed in both of these crisis. Obama and Bush were both polarizing but they both could transcend when really necessary. Bush had his "They'll hear from us soon" moment after 9/11. Obama had his speech after Gbby Giffords was shot. It's hard to imagine Trump ever elevating to meet the moment. He certainly hasn't during either of the current crises. Imagine for a moment you had a wife or daughter working in health care during a pandemic and the POTUS is up there bickering with the press everyday. Imagine for a moment you were a peaceful protester and the POTUS has grouped you in with the looters and threatened to call in the National Guard to get you off the streets.

                        I think Mattis cut to the core of it: Trump makes no attempt to speak to all Americans and be a source of calm and confidence. Instead, when he's needed most, he speaks only to his base and attacks or threatens those who on the outside of it. I'm not one for goosebumps moments from Presidents but I also don't doubt that they can have a positive effect on the general population, which helps keep the peace. It's a sense of leadership he doesn't have and doesn't care for. I suspect there's plenty of people who see it now and won't want to see it for the next four years.

                        (again.. my original shot at this was marked as spam... wtf)

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by METSSC View Post
                          If the election were in February Trump would have won in a landslide. Since then we’ve had a pandemic and a cop Horrifically murder someone on video Throwing the country into chaos and Biden has been able to hide so if the election were held today Biden would probably win but this is just a snapshot in time.
                          Very true. Currently you have people rooting for his removal TODAY, sure they’ve been harping on that since his Inauguration, but it’s been much louder since the start of COVID 19 being part of the news cycle, even louder than it was during the Impeachment hearings!

                          NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                          The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
                          Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
                          Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post

                            Very true. Currently you have people rooting for his removal TODAY, sure they’ve been harping on that since his Inauguration, but it’s been much louder since the start of COVID 19 being part of the news cycle, even louder than it was during the Impeachment hearings!
                            Nonsense... it's the same thing over and over and the same people. The media amplifies what they feel like amplifying on any given day to fit their narrative.
                            I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Shastada View Post

                              Nonsense... it's the same thing over and over and the same people. The media amplifies what they feel like amplifying on any given day to fit their narrative.
                              Not just the media, it’s pretty much all those who don’t realize Republicans just counted the days until the Democratic POTUS’s 5th year Election Day, or the Inauguration Day of the Republicans. There wasn’t any wishing death, impeachment, incapacitation or flat out resignation. No matter how repulsed they felt. *rolls eyes*
                              NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                              The Batman Universe! Your source for all Batman related news and commentary
                              Place To Be Nation: The Only Place To Be In Your Pop Culture World
                              Twitter Baseball: @SJRMets

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post

                                Not just the media, it’s pretty much all those who don’t realize Republicans just counted the days until the Democratic POTUS’s 5th year Election Day, or the Inauguration Day of the Republicans. There wasn’t any wishing death, impeachment, incapacitation or flat out resignation. No matter how repulsed they felt. *rolls eyes*
                                You're just talking about another media narrative. They amplify to push the agenda. There are miserable shitstains everywhere on every side of any issue, but the media writes the script, narrates what they want to achieve their current goals, almost always about maximizing their bottom line, while also furthering their agenda.

                                You see it on social media all the time, they amplify things through bots and 'sharing' to amplify messages, normally on both sides to get more traffic and posting to occur to drive... $$$$$$. Everytime you see something on the 'news' or 'social media' stop and think WHY are you seeing it, what are they trying to tell you? information? or how to 'feel'?
                                I guess if liberals didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X