National Emergency?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jersey Shore View Post

I most certainly answered your question .....””what would I call.....” “. you just didn’t like it.

Hell, you don’t even believe the number you quoted. “Who knows?” obviously neither you or the president are among those who do not.

There you go wishing again. I most certainly believe that over 300,000 were APPREHENDED trying to cross illegally last year which I why I quoted it. We also donít know how many crossed that werenít APPREHENDED. If you canít comprehend that I can keep repeating it till it sinks in. And you didnít answer the question which is understandable because your answer would blow up your narrative.
    ďPresident Obama is a personal friend of mine,Ē said Rickles. ďHe was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.Ē

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post

There you go wishing again. I most certainly believe that over 300,000 were APPREHENDED trying to cross illegally last year which I why I quoted it. We also donít know how many crossed that werenít APPREHENDED. If you canít comprehend that I can keep repeating it till it sinks in. And you didnít answer the question which is understandable because your answer would blow up your narrative.
      another example as to why you are considered the village idiot.....

you asked
      ​​​​​​
      Originally posted by METSSC;
      what would you call 20 million illegals with over 1000 more entering each and every day.
      I responded:
      Originally posted by JS
      another example of you wishing something was true.,
      asked and answered.

Then, in your normal Village Idiot voice you responded;
      ​​​​​​
      So you didnít answer the question up you just wanna make believe itís not the case. Last year there were over 300,000 apprehensions at the border. apprehensions. Who know how many got through that werenít apprehended.
      so, clearly I responded. Furthermore you claim that 1,000 enter each day, but then admit
      Originally posted by metssc
      Who know how many got through that werenít apprehended.
      ergo, your
      over 1000 more entering each and every day.
      is a made up number, a guess, or in your case a wish.

​​​​​​

I most certainly believe that over 300,000 were APPREHENDED trying to cross illegally last year which I why I quoted it. We also donít know how many crossed that werenít APPREHENDED
      ...further admission that your "over 1000 more entering each and every day" is a guess, or just another wish.
      COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

(Originally posted by Attorney General Barr)
      "it also does not exonerate him"
      ​​​
      Semper Fortis......De Oppresso Liber

Comment

but who cares about made up numbers or which one of us believes what......the congress and/or the courts will decide if Trump can proceed along the path he has started down.

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

​​​

Comment

I donít know that thatís ever happened but the Pres most certainly has the authority given to him by congress to declare a national emergency. If congress doesnít like it they can override his veto with a 2/3s vote. What would you call 20 million illegals with over 1000 more entering each and every day. From everything Iíve read heíd been on firm ground using money already appropriated for military construction projects
          FWIW there’s plenty of data to show more Mexicans are leaving American the last few years than are coming. Most illegal immigrants here came legally and overstayed visas. It’s hardly an emergency and definitely not one that a wall can address.

What’s worse is that to build the wall Trump will have to use eminent domain to seize private land along the border from individuals and families. (Good luck taking land from Texans, btw.) And now word is coming out that Trump wants to fund part of the project with a slush fund of civil asset fortfeiture funds... money federal agents seize from citizens often times without having to prove a crime has been committed.

The point here is that this is a gross abuse of executive power. Declaring an emergency where there isn’t one so you can use stolen money to build a wall on stolen land isn’t exactly a model of limited government.

Comment

A border is a line I donít know that property has to be seized to build a fence. Wouldnít a couple of feet suffice. NYC is putting bioswales all over the place without seizing property. Also a lot of the border is federal land though this ridiculous bill supposedly prohibits building on portions due to butterflies or something.
            ďPresident Obama is a personal friend of mine,Ē said Rickles. ďHe was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.Ē

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Shore View Post
              but who cares about made up numbers or which one of us believes what......the congress and/or the courts will decide if Trump can proceed along the path he has started down.
              Potus:
              "I didn't have to do this, but I wanted to do it faster. "

​​​​​​
              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Almost Famous

I sleep underneath a picture that I keep of you next to me
              I realize we're magnetized - WILCO

Comment

Originally posted by defender View Post

FWIW there’s plenty of data to show more Mexicans are leaving American the last few years than are coming. Most illegal immigrants here came legally and overstayed visas. It’s hardly an emergency and definitely not one that a wall can address.

What’s worse is that to build the wall Trump will have to use eminent domain to seize private land along the border from individuals and families. (Good luck taking land from Texans, btw.) And now word is coming out that Trump wants to fund part of the project with a slush fund of civil asset fortfeiture funds... money federal agents seize from citizens often times without having to prove a crime has been committed.

The point here is that this is a gross abuse of executive power. Declaring an emergency where there isn’t one so you can use stolen money to build a wall on stolen land isn’t exactly a model of limited government.

I donít think most folks really care about limited government....as long as it is their side making the rules.
                Make America Lift Again

Comment

Originally posted by Onda7 View Post
                  [/B]

I don’t think most folks really care about limited government....as long as it is their side making the rules.
                  This is true.

Republicans say they do. But only when a democrat is in office.

Comment

It is my understanding that Mexicans were leaving because the jobs economy generally sucked up until 2016 and also Trump's harsh words were a deterrent. They are starting to flow in again because, surprise, economy AND welfare state. And there hasn't been a huge penalty beyond Trump's words, because both parties support unimpeded illegal immigration.

In any event, serious question, how do we know the number of illegals coming and going enough to tout statistics about it?

Comment

Originally posted by KingOlerud View Post
                      It is my understanding that Mexicans were leaving because the jobs economy generally sucked up until 2016 and also Trump's harsh words were a deterrent. They are starting to flow in again because, surprise, economy AND welfare state. And there hasn't been a huge penalty beyond Trump's words, because both parties support unimpeded illegal immigration.

In any event, serious question, how do we know the number of illegals coming and going enough to tout statistics about it?
                      we don't.

​​​

Comment

Working...
                      X