No announcement yet.

TRUMP WINS DEBATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lester the Molester interrupted Trump 41 times and Hillary 7. He grilled Trump 15 times and her 2 times.

Trump's ad campaign starts in earnest today. He needed to be something last night that would meld with his campaign, and f*ck with the setup "narrative". She was very negative. He was not. She was robotic and arrogant. He was human. Trump was passionate about the problems in this country. She was passionate about attacking Trump.

Folks, this is just the beginning.

Comment

--------------
      Pat Caddell, the Democratic pollster and Fox News Insider, told Breitbart News that poll respondents said Clinton performed better at the debate; 48 percent said Clinton did a better job, compared to 43 percent, who said Trump did the better job.

“However, 95 percent of the people we contacted told us they were not going to change their vote based on the debate,” Caddell said. Two percent of voters, previously undecided, switched to Trump after the debate. No undecideds went to Clinton.

One percent switched from Trump to Clinton, and one percent switched from Clinton to Trump.“

Trump won on the most critical factor, on whether Clinton or Trump was more ‘plausible’ as president, 46 percent to her 42 percent,” he said.
      -------------------

Comment

Originally posted by defender View Post

Well, that's just it. It doesn't matter. He wasn't voting in Congress at the time.

All he has the say is, "Over time I did oppose the war in Iraq. As a citizen, it was a difficult choice, but I wasn't always privy to inside information at the time. I was more focused on running business that employ tens of thousands of people in this country. And I'm not sure how a single citizen's view on the Iraq War ten years ago matters in regard to turning our economy around."

But rather than transcend, he rolls around in the dirty, falling around, yelling about a midnight phone call he once made to Sean Hannity fourteen years ago. He cannot win the election that way.
        Totally agree with you. There was more than a few times Trump should have given a very concise sentence or two and then got right back on track. I think he needs to prepare for the next debate, and get his defences drilled down to as few words as possible. It's not like he doesn't know what's gonna be thrown at him.

Still can't fathom why he let her emails slide the way that he did. I expected more from him on that subject. All she said was "I made a mistake" and a minute later it was all over with, and they moved on. Why the hell he didn't turn to the Clinton Foundation when he was being hammered over his taxes is beyond me. I mean... pay for play could have been so freakin' big for him.

But, Trump was looking to independents, folk on the fence, and the undecideds. I think he picked up a fair few of those votes. I don't think the same can be said for Hillary. She was just as she has been for the last three decades, and that's not good.

~holly

Guys are just naughty boys who need a slap every now and then. Ain't that the truth, girls!

Comment

The Hag has prewritten focus group tested responses waiting for all his charges, ready to "put them to bed".

Instead of letting her do this in front of a tremendous audience, he decided not to bite and give her what she wanted.

Now his commercial onslaught is free to level all these charges WITHOUT her getting everyone to "move on" (the classic Clinton trick).

Know Your Enemy.

Comment

Interesting to read all the post from my fellow METheads. I think they both did well at what they are good at and didn't at what they are poor at. I don't think it was Romney v Obama 2012, as D's would like you to think. BUT, he needs to take debate prep more seriously. Debates have MAYBE mattered twice: JFK V Nixon; CArter V Reagan. This might be the third time if it is really nail biter. Too bad the greatest nation sate that ever existed can't come up with better candidates, Like Biden versus Kasich. I would be proud of that matchup as an American living overseas, rather than having to apologize for this pathetic choice.

In summary, both could have used a KO or even a decisive victory and neither of them got it.
            Last edited by ambler; 09-27-2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I guess out of 300+ million people, we all have to vote for Trillary now.
              The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

Donald Trump as president would be a disaster, domestically and in international relations.....his performance last night simply confirmed that.
                COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

(Originally posted by Attorney General Barr)
                "it also does not exonerate him"
                ​​​
                Semper Fortis......De Oppresso Liber

Comment

People tuned it to see if Trump was what the media say he is or not and for the first 1/2 of that debate he more than held his own. The opening 30-40 mins or so he had her playing his game and after that, it may not matter too much. The ratings were up 20+% from the last Presidential debate and then that number dropped significantly after the first 45 mins....and I'd be willing to bet it was the undecided/casual crowd that tuned out earlier than the folks who have already put their claim on what side they stand on. So in that regard, Trump probably ends up getting more "new" voters out of this than Hillary....which is ultimately all that matters.

Comment

This nonsense that Trump wasnt prepared is another lefty lie. Trump wasnt prepared to play the rigged game set up for him. That's different than not being prepared to play at all. One of Trump's strengths is that he will not play on the opponent's field. You can feel free to join him on his field, but it won't be nice for you.

Speaking of which, Trump was exceedingly effective in repeatedly hammering home the same four things, all of which miraculously hung in the air all night unchallenged:

* Other countries are raping us
                    * We need to bring blue collar jobs back and fix things
                    * Politicians are useless, self-dealing liars
                    * She's been doing this (nothing) for 30 years

Step back and put these puzzle pieces together on the advertising billboard in your mind because it paints something very important and very bold. Not for you if you've already decided, but for the core customer - someone who hasn't decided.

Comment

it was the moderator, it was his microphone,it was the questions,please stop.........he got beat in the debate. He's unqualified, unfit and unbalanced. A Trump presidency would result in disaster, both domestically and internationally.
                      COME BY THE SCHOOL a year from now you"ll wish you started today

"they all think they’re geniuses who just happen to agree with each other. This creates a near total blindness to facts, data, and opinions that don’t line up with their worldview"

(Originally posted by Attorney General Barr)
                      "it also does not exonerate him"
                      ​​​
                      Semper Fortis......De Oppresso Liber

Comment

Originally posted by KingOlerud View Post
                        This nonsense that Trump wasnt prepared is another lefty lie. Trump wasnt prepared to play the rigged game set up for him. That's different than not being prepared to play at all. One of Trump's strengths is that he will not play on the opponent's field. You can feel free to join him on his field, but it won't be nice for you.

Speaking of which, Trump was exceedingly effective in repeatedly hammering home the same four things, all of which miraculously hung in the air all night unchallenged:

* Other countries are raping us
                        * We need to bring blue collar jobs back and fix things
                        * Politicians are useless, self-dealing liars
                        * She's been doing this (nothing) for 30 years

Step back and put these puzzle pieces together on the advertising billboard in your mind because it paints something very important and very bold. Not for you if you've already decided, but for the core customer - someone who hasn't decided.

What are his specifics on this? How are companies going to pay good wages and benefits for these jobs without passing on the costs to consumer?
                        Make America Lift Again

Comment

Originally posted by Onda7 View Post

What are his specifics on this? How are companies going to pay good wages and benefits for these jobs without passing on the costs to consumer?
                          Loosening or getting rid of regulations and lowering taxes will each reduce to cost of doing business. That combined with subsequent growth will leave plenty of room for wages to grow and prices to fall. If he understands just one thing, it's how the business world works and how to generate wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Shore View Post
                            it was the moderator, it was his microphone,it was the questions,please stop.........he got beat in the debate. He's unqualified, unfit and unbalanced. A Trump presidency would result in disaster, both domestically and internationally.
                            Gosh, you sound like "one of those people who hate everything Obama does for no reason at all".

Amazing how you manage to sound like that in every post about Trump.

It seems like it would be so beneath you with the way you speak of the "hatred of Obama".

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KingOlerud View Post
                                Loosening or getting rid of regulations and lowering taxes will each reduce to cost of doing business. That combined with subsequent growth will leave plenty of room for wages to grow and prices to fall. If he understands just one thing, it's how the business world works and how to generate wealth.
                                This is the one thing that Clinton keeps pushing at which to me is the no brainer that Trump brings to the table - generating money, jobs, making America a better place to do business for corporations. I get the questioning of his "political skills" but I think its a foolish move to attack his business side.

Also I really don't get the big deal with the tax forms. If Donald paid little to no federal tax, then so be it. Any of our goals is minimize tax paid....and he has the power and exploits the loop holes to do it... It was the politicians who put those in place to begin with. I'm a little surprised he didn't turn that into his advantage pointing out that he would also know how to help minimize those loop holes in the future and instead just left it as "I'm smarter"

It worries me a heck of a lot more on who's donating to campaign contributions for an election than how much tax either of these bozo's paid...they all cut corners some are better at it than others.

Comment

Working...
                                X