TRUMP WINS DEBATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D. View Post

I totally get why people don't like her, I'm not big on her myself, but the alternative is far worse and it is showing tonight.
    Four years ago I never would have imagined voting for her. I would have voted for pretty much any other Republican if they were nominated. I would have swallowed hard and even voted for Ted Cruz. But I just can't vote for Trump. The guy is a clown. He just tried to claim that stamina was the same as looks.
    NickPapagiorgio Posting Alert System (current status): Green

Comment

Donald must be an octopus cause he's shot himself in the foot at least half a dozen times.
      Support men's rights.

Kiner on Rick Ferrell being in the Hall of Fame: "I think catching four knuckleballers and not committing suicide is probably the reason he got into the Hall of Fame."

Originally posted by Hilton
      Mark my words, Cano or Hughes will be in a Mets uniform next season.
      {On the Yankees offseason acquisitions}I guarantee that Lester OR Scherzer aren't far behind...

Comment

Trump held his own for a while, but lost his cool and Hillary threw a big KO shot.
        Support men's rights.

Kiner on Rick Ferrell being in the Hall of Fame: "I think catching four knuckleballers and not committing suicide is probably the reason he got into the Hall of Fame."

Mark my words, Cano or Hughes will be in a Mets uniform next season.
        {On the Yankees offseason acquisitions}I guarantee that Lester OR Scherzer aren't far behind...

Comment

Originally posted by Luscious Johnny D. View Post
          Hillary seems very calm.
          10 mg of Diazepam will do that to a person.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOlerud View Post
            In all honesty, I'd be terrified if I was Her Hagness and carrying around those lines in my back pocket. Because I know he hits back hard.

I am predicting Calm, Measured, Steady, Maybe Even Relatively Good-Humored Trump. She will be polished but scoldy, and if he gets her going, she will look awful. The Clinton Media will report it as "strong".

Trump may have to elevate a couple of times, but many people are going to go to sleep wondering what all the fuss about Trump was about. This will be the first time a lot of the public sees him unfiltered and they're not going to experience an insane crazy clown racist, but a sane, relatable guy who is passionate about the problems in this country.
            Watch and learn. Watch and learn. Maybe no one else remembers, but Trump "lost" every Republican debate, too.

And as someone supporting him, he was downright embarrassing at times during the Primary, including during debates.

But those of you who think for any reason that HILLARY NAILED IT and DON LOST IT are watching their TV's sideways. Hillary Clinton is a known quantity. People were tuning in to get a glimpse of Clown Show Trump. The media just needed a couple of clips to back up their narrative. The people and the media didn't get what they expected, and it is going to matter. It's going to matter big league.

Comment

Trump also ran to her Left on several key issues that the Democrats take for granted. Numero Uno is that he doesn't want to police the world - he said this explicitly, which is huge, I believe the moderator swooped in to interrupt him the moment he did as he knew how huge it was. This makes her the warmonger in the race (a common lefty complaint about Hillary, which means it has a ring of truth, which is the brush that Trump always paints with).

Comment

Also, moment of the debate without question:

"I've been thinking a lot about it."
                "Yeah. For 30 years."

Better than any canned, focus group tested pre-planned notecard "zinger", and better than any moment a candidate besides Trump has had this year. I'd say it's #3 behind "Only Rosie O'Donnell" and "She should be running".

Trump understands mass media and mass psychology better than probably anyone who has run for the office in the modern age. He's on a different level and it will continue to shake out as this next 40 days rolls on.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOlerud View Post
                  Watch and learn. Watch and learn. Maybe no one else remembers, but Trump "lost" every Republican debate, too.

And as someone supporting him, he was downright embarrassing at times during the Primary, including during debates.

But those of you who think for any reason that HILLARY NAILED IT and DON LOST IT are watching their TV's sideways. Hillary Clinton is a known quantity. People were tuning in to get a glimpse of Clown Show Trump. The media just needed a couple of clips to back up their narrative. The people and the media didn't get what they expected, and it is going to matter. It's going to matter big league.
                  He was good for about 20 mins. Unless everyone turned it off after that he comes out of this looking like an unmitigated disaster. Let's see he pretty much admitted to paying zero taxes, claimed it was good business when told
                  he was rooting for the housing market collapse, couldn't answer the question about why he was still spouting birther bullshit years after he said he stopped, referred to Obama as "your president", responded to ever piece of bait that Hillary threw out there, claimed he had a better temperament which drew some laughs it was so absurd, doubled down on the Rosie O'Donnell quote, claimed that saying she didn't look the part was the same as saying she didn't have the stamina for the job, and sniffled his way through 90 mins which wouldn't be a big deal except we have spent 6 months hearing about every time Hillary coughs....did I miss anything? I don't know how any of that swayed an undecided voter tonight
                  NickPapagiorgio Posting Alert System (current status): Green

Comment

It seemed that the moderator was asking Trump stuff about him personally, and I don't recall Hillary being asked pertinent stuff about herself. However, there's a lot of stuff out there about Trump that isn't true, and I can see that in asking Trump about said stuff he was given the opportunity to tell the voters the real story. Like straight from the horses mouth, kinda thing. For anyone tuning in to see the crazy guy, they were disappointed. For anyone tuning in to see the frail beaten down woman, they too were disappointed. I fall into the latter.

In one way, it was Hillary's night. But in another way, it was Trump's. Hillary was the known... and I don't think she showed anything different than what folk know her to be. Trump was looking to attract Independents and undecideds, and I think he did that. Certainly both camps came out of it with a loss. Hillary didn't get to poke Trump enough to cause him to crazy goodstyle, and Trump didn't get to poke Hillary enough to cause her to falter goodstyle.
                    ~holly

Guys are just naughty boys who need a slap every now and then. Ain't that the truth, girls!

Comment

I bet Trump pays more in property taxes than the Clinton crime family pays in Income taxes

“President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

The fact checkers.

It was either CNN or MSNBC that said Trump's claim that Murders went up in NYC after deblasio ended stop and frisk was false. Well the fact is that murders were up in 2015 over 2014 so the fact checkers were wrong

and hiLIARy absolutely called TPP the gold standard. It's on video for any and all to see so I don't know what she was talking about when trying to deny it

as for Trump and the Iraq war is there any evidence that he was actually for it other than that benign comment on the Howard Stern show. And does anyone really care?

“President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

I truly believe the election will come down to one thing and one thing only: Can Trump prove he has the temperament to be presidential?

Hillary obviously tops Trump with political and experience, while Trump's track record as a businessman gives him the nod as more competent. Whether Republicans like it or not, though, Hillary is essentially running as an incumbent here. She is an insider, has far more political experience, has served in the previous administration, and has the endorsement of the sitting POTUS. So, Trump, realistically, has to prove more to voters and do more right than she does in order to displace her. And beyond experience and track record, people will look towards personality and temperament.

In that regard, he failed last night. Trump did come out of the gates better, but once she got Trump on the defensive about the taxes returns, it all went down hill. "Someone call Sean Hannity!" "No, I swear I was really talking about stamina!" The last half of the debate was desperate, raving, mostly incoherent defenses from Trump. At times he came across as the man people fear he is. And the whole time Hillary (I hate her but she's a shrewd *****) took a step back and let him burn. She didn't debate him. She dropped a few canned sound bytes she knew would get him more fired up. There were moments you could see on her face that she knew he was coming apart and she didn't have to prove a thing about herself. And that's where this election will swing. If it continues like that, Trump has no chance.

Must have been that defective mic, though, right?

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post

as for Trump and the Iraq war is there any evidence that he was actually for it other than that benign comment on the Howard Stern show. And does anyone really care?

Well, that's just it. It doesn't matter. He wasn't voting in Congress at the time.

All he has the say is, "Over time I did oppose the war in Iraq. As a citizen, it was a difficult choice, but I wasn't always privy to inside information at the time. I was more focused on running business that employ tens of thousands of people in this country. And I'm not sure how a single citizen's view on the Iraq War ten years ago matters in regard to turning our economy around."

But rather than transcend, he rolls around in the dirty, falling around, yelling about a midnight phone call he once made to Sean Hannity fourteen years ago. He cannot win the election that way.

Comment

Originally posted by defender
                              There were moments you could see on her face that she knew he was coming apart and she didn't have to prove a thing about herself.
                              Yup. It's called arrogance and smugness. Doesnt play well with the "folks" unless like Obama and Biden you have the charm and wit to back it up. Hillary has no charm. She's a false, ice cold, lying sow and everyone knows it.

Thing is, she DOES have to prove things about herself to undecideds... or they wouldn't be undecided. Her hubris will do her in.

Trump goes by instinct... not because he's lazy, but because he has a lifetime of creating success with it...and it will either be his downfall, or his victory.

Comment

An example of Trump's instinct and ability to quickly read a situation. There's always a Closing Statement in these things. Always an opening one, too. I know why they didn't have either one last night, and Trump does too.

Trump read very quickly that there would be no Closing Statement and so he delivered his CS in response to that last dopey question. Whether people had tuned out or not, that was probably what I was most impressed with.

Comment

Working...
                                X