No announcement yet.

DRAFT DAY !!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah...was gonna post that too..Dont mind West Grit..can provided Sheed/K-MArt toughness...and a stop gap til Porzingis can take over hopefully..just hope he comes cheap..otherwise I would want them to pass. Monroe/West/Melo.. gonna be pretty slow down court....they better get a stroker at #2 spot as well..healthy mathews..?
    ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

Grant is an inefficient scorer but he's a smart player and a leader. Everyone knew THjr was a goner, this isn't a bad return for him

Comment

They also dealt 2 second roundersfor sime spanish center who wont come stateside for another year. These moves would make more sense to me if Phil hadnt signed or was planning to trade Melo. 2-3 years from now it may all make sense, but right now Im struggling with them. Guess we will see what FA brings.

Comment

Crymelo is the only player left on the Knicks from when Jackson took over.

Also it seems like Crymelo was quite upset with the Porzingis pick and the THJ trade. Makes me like it even more.
          My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeNblueNmyVeins View Post
            Crymelo is the only player left on the Knicks from when Jackson took over.

Also it seems like Crymelo was quite upset with the Porzingis pick and the THJ trade. Makes me like it even more.
            he should have been the first to go
            “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

[QUOTE=OrangeNblueNmyVeins;693963]Crymelo is the only player left on the Knicks from when Jackson took over.

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley 12m12 minutes ago
              On Instagram, Carmelo says he "can't wait" to watch Porzingis and calls him a "steal."

Lots a crap being said bout Melo's reaction...hard to know what's true..led by the @sswipe Steven a smith ..

But..I'm warming up to thought it was the best possible option at 4..the way draft broke...high risk..high reward..the fact that modiay...and winslow dropped futher that everybody thought told me..everything after #3...had risks aND all players had warts in game..many of so called experts I have heard say it was good pick..so gonna go with it..now its all about . the right Fa's to surround them.
              ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Comment

It might be a good pick if 2016/17 is the year you're looking to make a FA splash.....its a terrible pick if you're using up all the cap room this year..... He doesn't help this team win now.... He very well might be a great player 3-4 years from now, but then Melo will be complete garbage and a waste of money.

Comment

Idk..i. gonna give phIL just a lil more rope and see what final picture this offseason looks like.. I also don't know if it can be conclusivery said Porzingis not gonna contribute much yet..think/hoping with the right mix put together around him..he might suprise and contribute more than expecteded

Comment

The more you dig deeper into Porzingis the more you think he actually could be legit. He's 100% fluent in english which is amazing. How many of these Euro trash picks come over and can't speak a lick?

He's got the right attitude. Talks about knowing how Euro's need to prove it on the court and nothing will be handed to him. etc etc
                    My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

I've been watching a lot of interviews of Porzingis, I do like the kid's attitude. I think the Darko/Bargs comps are a little unfair, they are guys who didn't have much passion for the game. But he really needs to bulk up badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mets bs View Post
                        I've been watching a lot of interviews of Porzingis, I do like the kid's attitude. I think the Darko/Bargs comps are a little unfair, they are guys who didn't have much passion for the game. But he really needs to bulk up badly.

I agree the Darko/Bargs shots are misplaced, but I do see him as a Galo type....and Galo is another guy who has a hard time staying on the court for more than 50 games. Now this kid is taller and thinner than Galo...a guy like Dirk has 30 pounds on him.

While the NBA isn't as physical as it was, he's still gotta be out there for 82 games playing 30+ mins a night. In his current frame he's not going to last.

But the down side is, if he does bulk up can he keep the same game? Will he be as fluid on the shot? Will he be able to move as well? Risk is still too high for a #4 pick IMO...

Comment

I completely agree, with the dust settling and emotions clearing - he has the potential to be a key player in the team's rebuilding process but his development needs to be huge for him to be more than just another European big who can shoot. In some ways I'm happy Phil picked one for the future even beyond Melo after years of seeing this team trading picks or trying to pick the "last piece" to a puzzle that was never started. But man it's risky taking a kid like this.

Comment

WTF do we know haha
                            My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Definitely one where Phil/Clarence knew what they were doing - though I still have my concerns over KP's ability to stay on the court

This thread tho is a huge reason why I was fine with the Frank pick this year despite my internal senses screaming that it should have been Smith/Monk. Clarence did his homework on KP better than the media scouts....I believe he did the same with Frank. Already you can see how dead wrong they were about his vision/passing and ability to be a PG.

Monk has been garbage thus far. Smith despite the hype hasn't been that great (11 ppg / 5 ap - sub 40% shooting and a -53 when he's been on the floor). He probably ends this year well ahead of Frank, but his weaknesses are legit (3p shooting, defense) and there's still the lingering health issue. Frank still has a legit chance to be a very very good 2 way player. Markken (largely just due to play time) and Fox (who I think we would have had if we were in the top 5) have probably been the best 2 guys from this draft thus far.

It's scary, but I actually trust the Knicks scouting department now....due largely to team of folks *gulp* Phil put together and this new management team felt good with retaining.....

Now if only they could figure out the FA signing/scouting area and stop handing out 70+ mil deals.....

Comment

Working...
                              X