Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Vorkunov

@MikeVorkunov

Killian Hayes says he's been told by his agent to expect to go between No. 2 and No. 8 or No. 10. He says he has interviewed with the Spurs, Wizards, Knicks, Bulls, Warriors. Hayes says of playing with Frank Ntilikina in New York: "It would be dope."

Why Killian Hayes is NBA lottery talent and could be the...
    theathletic.com
    1:41 PM Sep 28, 2020

Not exactly going out on a limb with that pronouncement...but..the connection between him and Frank cannot be dismissed lightly either perhaps..
    ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

• Hayes is just too raw for me and too much of an unknown. He's one hand dominate which is tricky to fix. He's not super athletic. He's smart. He looks to have good form and much more confidence than Frank ever had. His handle is okay better than Hali but not up there with Cole or Lamelo. He's got very good vision.

I kinda see his ceiling as Brogdon lvl pg..but I don't know if his shot ever becomes that efficient.

i don't know that they could use him to trade back. Most of the teams badly looking for a pg are near the top in this draft. Chicago, Detroit... Maybe the sun's are the bait. That's the only one that jumps out as a Lewis or Cole is not the kind they'd likely want

Comment

• Yip On Hayes.. gonna want to go in a different direction...

SUNS are indeed the target for trade..

Still hope they get desperate to free up $$ for FVV or CP3..

DREAM SCENARIO..

Wish to get Rubio for SWAP of #10 for #27.. Ideally float RANDLE there..but if deal breaker for them..wont get greedy..ask for nothing else back and absorb whole deal.. (Same for Oubre but still prefer Rubio)

Draft Vassel at 8 and Cole at 10.. Sign Grant for Stretch 4(if no Oubre and enough caps space left and Randle gone)..call it an off-season..

Rubio
        RJ
        Vassel
        Grant
        Mitch

Cole (slowly integrate)
        Frank
        Iggy
        2nd round pick
        whatever...
        ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Comment

• I mean that would be pretty amazing to get Rubio and #10 for 27 (plus whatever garbage from the team). Probably has about as much of a chance of happening of my Suns/Paul deals unfortunately

Thibs has been talking up Randle all camp - not sure if this is just a game to counter all the "knicks top priority is to dump him" or if Thibs does actually see him as part of the future. Might be a bit of A and B.

My big question for the Knicks / league this offseason will be what do the teams who have been "good" but not great for a couple of years now decide to do - Denver, Utah, Portland, Indy, Boston - Do any of them want to really shake things up and make some splashes that the Knicks can either help facilitate or be directly impacted by. I think we know that Houston and Philly are both going to look to do something big...hell those 2 teams might be able to help each other to be honest.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4qrfg3d -- just saying. Makes a lot of sense for both teams.

But if some of those really good / but not great teams look to shuffle around could be a crazy offseason

Comment

• All true...and CP3 is the domino/pawn that plays in to several of those teams..Sixers...Bucks..Suns..

FVV becomes plan B for those teams... its why I point to Suns as a strong target...they want to win now..dont want to add more rooks..so them trading that picks to open up caps space was already rumored to be a possibility...i shifted gear from oubre to rubuo since they won't need rubio with the new pG coming in and he is signed a year longer..suprised that idea doesn't gain traction as it makes more sense then oubre who could still be used by them.

Several allstars(former) will be changing teams...olodipo..hayeard(for each other perhaps)...jrue...gonna be interesting how the musical chairs plays out..and knicks should be able to facilitate something as middle man..and I wish it to be for a pick in the late lottery/ (early)teens is the goal

Comment

• Simmons and Westbrook..i don't see how that would work personally..as ball dominant as they are..deal better for Rockets..

Comment

• LaMelo Ball withdraws from remainder of NBA combine, did not interview with any teams, per @JeremyWoo

Knicks are the only team he spoke to FWIW

Looks like he trying as EXPECTED to make his way here..not that it will work in terms of peeps shying away surely..

Comment

• Originally posted by 86mets View Post
                  Simmons and Westbrook..i don't see how that would work personally..as ball dominant as they are..deal better for Rockets..
                  Maybe....Westbrooks game is changing as he gets older. I think its a pretty close deal because Philly unloads 2 4+ year deals in the process only takes on 1 and gets an expiring deal. It reshapes the structure of their team and can give it a 2 year window before deciding if they need to blow it up again. A Westbrook/Embiid pick n roll works better than Simmons/Embiid.

Re: LaMelo - supposedly the conversation with the Knicks was very basic introductions...nothing more. I mean who knows.... like I've said he's an intriguing talent - but there's a ton of red flags as well. All comes down to cost..I'm not giving up Frank. I'm not giving up a 2021 first. I'm not taking Andrew Wiggins. They can structure something around 8, 2023 1st, and Knox or something - so be it. Don't love it. don't hate it.

and who says its even a given he gets past Minn? While I doubt he goes there...its also the Twolves so nothing is out of the possibility.

Comment

• @IanBegley

From earlier: NYK has spoken to Kira Lewis Jr., who's added 15 pounds since NCAA season ended. Lewis Jr.’s coach/trainer Cory Underwood (@JoggersAndSatay) talks here about Lewis Jr.’s approach to the game & what the guard can bring to the NBA right away:
                    Kira Lewis Jr.'s coach/trainer believes Knicks drafting point guard 'makes a lot of sense' | SNY.tv
                    sny.tv
                    9:19 AM Oct 1, 2020

Nice to see kids working on areas of concern..

I gave in to you on Cole..but still woukd like a Vassel /Lewis draft Combo if the stars were to align to make it possible..

My line in sand is no #8 for ball..

Can be discussed on wiggins as price..and maybe #27..+ randle..

Comment

• https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/10/...om-knicks.html

One NBA personnel person who spoke to Berman suggested that an offer of Julius Randle, Dennis Smith Jr., and the Mavericks’ 2021 and 2023 first-round picks could “whet the Pacers’ appetite,” though I’d be surprised if Indiana is enamored with any Knicks package that doesn’t include one of New York’s own future first-rounders

Funny..lol

2 #1's...as a starting point..

Comment

• https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/kevin-...mpression=true

The Thunder are motivated to deal Paul and his massive contract after deciding upon a rebuilding campaign following Billy Donovan’s firing. Oklahoma City GM Sam Presti will likely want a first-round pick and a young prospect amid his rookie contract, multiple league officials believe.

According to the source, that young player preferably is Knox, the ninth pick in the 2018 NBA Draft coming off a disappointing sophomore campaign.

Comment

• CP3, MELO, OLADIPO. two 35+ year olds and a guy coming off major knee surgery for the low low price of 3 future draft picks, a former lottery pick, plus.. Oh yeah and all of our cap space for the next two years. Just to be good enough for the 8th seed and miss out on the lottery on potential the two deepest drafts in recent history

It should also raise a red flag when a team known for player development loves one of your guys that has been a toss in on every rumored deal under the sun.

Please just stay away.... The only way I trade for any of those guys is salary relief. OKC can have Knox a second round and some expiring. Tell me who's giving a better offer? Enjoy Tobias Harris 5 year deal of disaster. Indy can have Randle and a future pick swap. Sorry Oladipo has looked like garbage. I don't care what he did 3 years ago. I care what he's going to be and how much he's going to be paid 2-3 years from now which is the earliest this team is any good. Melo can stay in Portland. It's best for everyone.

One semi interesting trade proposal I saw was Randle + Knox + 27 for Blake Griffin and #7. Frees up money for Detroit to sign Wood. Knicks get to fill there their annual requirement of getting an old injury prone former star to put to on billboards... But in this case he's only got 2 years left and comes with an asset without giving up the farm. He's also a stretch 4 that fits into the team. I'm not in love with it as Blake has been an injury mess but might be worth the risk to have two rolls of the dice in the top 10.

Comment

• I never had interest in Dipo..so was always a pass for me..unless THEY the one throwing in the 1st round pick to take of hands..since he is a fa..

CP3 proposal you raise..I do that one as well..but really dont want Melo back..so if that is a pkg agreement to get Cp3 to come here..I pass altogether... still find it hard to believe cp3 at this point in his career wants to come to this mess right now..his preference should be contender..if they can fit him..If he is dumped here against his wishes..he will be a malcontent..and will fester/rot away here..

Hadnt heard that Blake rumor..and while cant trust him..you know me if they throwing in top 10(swap) pick to take baggage.. I'm INTERESTED and would do that swap..but also find it hard to believe they wish to pass up chance at top pg they desire being on the board..

Comment

• Agreed on the Pistons side just sounded more like the kind of "salary" deal I'd want the Knicks to look at than the Oladipo / Paul type rumors dominating the headlines. The only issue is the Pistons are capped out so depends how much they want Wood. They have his early bird rights but that probably wont be enough to keep him

Comment

• More talk of the Knicks front office meeting with Okoro and Lewis..... I'd really lean the other way - rather than Okoro if you're not into Vassell then I'd go Nesmith. You need shooters not another wing who you hope can develop. I have my issues with Nesmith (defense and he's a bit of a blackhole offensively), but you know he can shoot and his body is NBA ready. Still think Vassell even with the video of his now-whack looking shot is still the best bet.

Lewis is growing on me..... Still not sold on him at 8...but the more I watch the more I like his game. Still think Cole is better overall player, but whether its smoke or truth the Knicks seem to be distancing themselves from him and the mocks have him dropping into the 20s pretty often.

Comment

Working...
                                X