No announcement yet.

2020 Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not too mention becoming an injury magnet...

Thought about them not wanting to give uo Brook..but was more about giving up something to get..and surely woukd want to hold on to him if possible...

Still would rather ride out last year on Randle then get back useless pieces...still have hope of getting a better piece in return for that even as part of a bigger pkg to get one of the aforementioned guys on market...I really think SOMEBODY is coming in..and Randle's salary will have to go other way by default.. will cringe and wait/hope it isn't a worse fit of a player..
    ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

• Btw... founds this for what its worth...2021 Jazz #1 pick to :

Grizzlies (protected #1-7 and #15-30

PICK MAY OR MAY NOT TRANSFER DEPENDING ON JAZZ DRAFT POSITION

Traded • Mike Conley Jr. to Jazz for • Grayson Allen • Jae Crowder • Kyle Korver • rights to Darius Bazley • draft pick(s) (first round pick protected top 7, #15-30 in 2020-21, top 6 in 2022, top 3 in 2023, top 1 in 2024, else 2025 second round pick, 2026 second round pick) (?-?) • traded player exception on 2019-07-06
      A slight chance their next years pick doesn't convey is how I read it..tight window?
      ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Comment

• Draft back to Nov....no way the season starts this year...probably not until Feb next year. Might as well table any trade talk for a long while. FVV might have cost himself some significant cash with a couple of duds down the stretch here. I know he's not a 1, but the Knicks need to start building a team and not worrying about cap space for some mystically 2021 FA that will never come here. Build a team...its ALWAYS possible to move contracts if you have decent players.

I'm starting to think of ways to KEEP Randle as well...not long term, but just for next year....shooters are key, but even more important might be a ball dominate PG with a 3 level game....I'm back on the Cole train baby! Keep the ball out of his hand. Let him take advantage of 1 on 1 spots vs. his 3/4 on 1 spin moves - he might be able to play with RJ and Mitch.

Comment

• Knicks are "preparing an offer" for Chris Paul.... sigh

Look Paul is a great player. He'd make the other players (RJ, Knox, Mitch) better. He'd probably get the Knicks to 40+ wins just by being here even at his age and even missing some games....BUT the clock is ticking and the contract is a time bomb - toss in that every underachieving playoff team is rumored in on Paul - Mil, Philly, etc and I just gotta wonder what the cost is...

The rumor is Knox and Randle.... 1. I doubt that actually gets it done when Mil could easily offer Bledsoe, Lopez, and couple of smaller contracts and 2-3 picks as they are pretty much all in on next season. Or while Philly has a tougher route in terms of providing OKC salary relief, but they could do a straight up Harris or Horford + Picks for Paul

2. I'd honestly want a pick or 2 back for taking that salary off of them

I can't deny that Paul with RJ, Mitch, and say Vassell (or Okoro tho I'm not a huge fan) isn't a really interesting lineup, but with the salary cap shrinking....a coaching staff focused on developing players incoming...and a lot of players hitting the market soon I just doesn't feel like the time is right for this....and you just know OKC would wriggle something out of Randle / Knox and/or extra picks out of the Knicks...because yeah.

Now tell me AD is opting out to come play with Paul? okay I'll shutup.... but it feels more like this becomes Randle, Knox, and a 1st (mavs?) for Paul and then sign Melo to finally get those 2 together 5+ years too late.

Comment

• I lean more towards cp3 being a positive for this team as without a good facilitator..we are impeding advancement of kids..you have been saying all along that no fa is coming here so why worry about the cap space..

The price is what caused me to pause as well..with contenders in mix..there is a market now..so I dont want to compete on bidding..

Randle+dsj + knox or #38 would be most i offer..

Pipe dream to expect pick from them ..not even sure they agree to a swap..(only few apart)

Vassel added to cp3/rj/mitch would be ideal..

What would you think if hali for sg with cp3 would work? Could see it evolve into lowery/fvv combo..

No trades...gun to head...not against Cole.. really wish to trade up from 27 someway somehow...cole vassel be interesting combo..

Comment

• Hali would fit in well with Paul too....I just like the physical nature of Vassel's game as a 2/3 defender more... But yeah Hali as a catch and shoot 2 + good team defender is pretty much the same attributes and fits in great with CP3... toss in that he's an excellent passer and yeah why not. I'm thinking more and more that he's not going to be there at 8 tho. I don't think he gets past the Pistons.

Comment

• Agreed..and I wish for Vassel first ..but was thinking of a plan B in case..and thought HAli would fit in greatly as well..and you confirmed that..

Rumors running amuck..and the picture gets uglier and uglier to the price..and one that surely woill make you vomit..

Portis+Payton+Knox+FRANK+ #1 from DAL+#38 (2020 2nd)

So No Randle and a #1 from dallas + Frank... FOLD them CArds...PASS.. Frank+ #1 Dal. get taken OUT of deal..and we can talk..suck up Randle for one more year if need be(but prefer to pawn off elsewhere (Dipo /Heild) .

Comment

• Yes this is exactly what I was saying... All that before the bidding process starts... So that's an opening offer and it's insane to me.

I expect the dipo price to be similar to be honest. He's another "all-star".

Meanwhile Heild will go for peanuts somewhere

Comment

• The Knicks are expected to offer Raptors unrestricted free agent Fred VanVleet a hefty deal, worth over $22M per year, per league source.
                    According to Legions hoop... Who know if credible...but without including Randle for Cp3 ..doubt they have enough cap room for FVV and CP3..

Comment

• Lines up basically with the 4/90 I was thinking was "fair" - no idea if Toronto offers that...the previous rumors were they were looking at something in the 60 mil range, but who knows where that goes given how the season played out.

In addition to vomit inducing CP3 rumors there's also rumblings of Westbrook for a similar package - Randle, Knox, Frank, DSJ, and 2 first round picks (2020 and Mavs 2021). No.

Sorry I refuse to give up a pick, let alone multiple first round picks for guys over 30 years old with 10+ years of tread on the tires, making 40+ mil over the next 3 years. This is the Knicks...there's absolutely no way that ends well.

As salary dumps? I'm still not thrilled with either, but I can understand paying pennies on the dollar for "star power" and a chance to be at least remotely interesting again...I get it.

The Knicks are one of the FEW teams with salary cap room AND easily expendable short term contracts.
                      • Atlanta Hawks: $43.2 million.
                      • New York Knicks: $41.5 million.
                      • Detroit Pistons: $28.2 million.
                      • Charlotte Hornets: $22.5 million.
                      • Miami Heat: $20.9 million.
                      • Phoenix Suns: $18.9 million.

Toss in the location and a willingness to spend I'll play the waiting game. Sure there are contenders out there that want these guys - but most of those teams are so far buried in salary cap hell I doubt Houston and OKC wants to take back other long term contracts and garbage players. If OKC wants to take on horrific deals like Harris or Horford to move Paul - be my guest. If Mil wants to strip its bench and every future asset they have to make a salary match - so be it. This is one where time is on their side....I'd wait this out and see how desperate a team is to really change its culture (Rockets) or payroll (OKC).

I could see Miami looking for that last piece, but they have no way to get the salaries right without involving a 3rd team. Pistons have same issue plus does any of those guys really want to go there? Same with the Hawks - no way to get the salaries right without another team. The Hornets? Unless OKC wants Terry Rozier who's contract seems worth than Randle to me or Bantum (same deal) that's not working.

The Suns might be the spot for 1 of these guys - they could ship out Rubio and Obre and match up Paul and heck that's really interesting. I think OKC would want a kick back of something else - because they are OKC and seemingly get any team to throw picks at them - but does involve OKC again actually taking back multi-year contracts. Granted neither is unmovable. I tell ya that would be a heck of a move for the Suns - Paul, Booker, Ayton with Bridges and Johnson as 3&&D wings....hey they could legit make some noise. Obre/Rubio + a 1st round pick keeps OKC relevant as well...

But there you go - 1 viable option in the NBA as I see it for a 1 on 1 trade deal for Paul (Westbrook on the suns would be horrible).

I tell ya - Westbrook / Giannis would be interesting. Takes out the weakest part of Giannis game right now which is teams just triple teaming him while he brings up the ball. They do that Westbrook is going off. Bledsoe / Lopez go to Houston - better fits there. Bledsoe is a better fit next to Harden and Lopez gets them out of small ball without compromising spacing. Doubt it happens, but there's a deal that makes sense for both sides. Mil goes all in for the next 4 years basically to try to get Giannis to stay. Houston gets out from that salary and has some pieces that still fit around their current setup

Comment

• Brilliant..and makes sense.. was gonna throw PHX as a possibility for the two wheelchair/VET Star pg's.. Ironically..the two scenarios that you pain that make total sense..are kind of linked..

FVV gets the dominoes falling.. PHX loses out on him.. I DEFINITELY see CP3 being their plan B.. Mil. fails on CP3 they could very readily turn to Westbrook as their plan B..

Rockets and Sixers..just can't see them being players in the end.. Sixers are a mess..and may dump Embid..not sure what they envision as the master plan at that point..

Agreed..Knicks should sit back..and wait..something good/decent could readily fall in their lap...

I was also thinking in my head..being a willing facilitator for them to get FVV..

I take Rubio off their hands..dump Randle on them if possible..a way of getting a more useful piece then him..If they have another over-priced piece they wish to dump..I take him as well..with Caveat of SWAPPING #1's.(throw in 2 if need be).. 10 for 27. lol.. End up with Rubio + #8 and #10 and minus Randle.. almost like hitting Lottery (#1) pick..lol.. ok..wake up time...

Comment

• Okoro getting more hype as the Knicks pick.... I just think this is the kind of strategy that leads to picks like Kevin Knox. Great package of athletic skills, but need a lot of development to actually be good. I think when you get to the later part of the lottery like the Knicks are in, history has shown take the sure thing with the defined skills and go from there. The "potential" and "ceiling" tags end up being reasons why you draft Frank, Dennis Smith Jr over Donovan Mitchell or Kevin Knox over Mikal/Miles Bridges.

The GS Frank stuff has to stop too....you know you're not getting a swap to 2 for *just* Frank and 8 - which I wouldn't do anyways because I just don't believe that strongly in ANY of the top 5 guys - but tossing in extra 1sts just drives me nuts. Can we please move this draft back to Oct and get it over with. The more rumors I hear the more I cringe

Comment

• Starting to get worried that Thibs desire for strong defensive minded team gonna blind him to what team desperately needs..I donnt have any knowledge of okoro's game other than what I read..
                            but it is said that he is a PROJECT offensivley...cant shoot ..and doesnt look to be be nowhere of a fit on THIS knickbteam as presently constructed...visions of Frank/RJ/okoro/mitch may be a dream defensive squad...but a team that will score 70-80 points...if that...those days of Pat reilly knicks pounding peeps and beating them scoring in the 8o's are long gone.. And to those that may wishbone point to the Heat and their playoff run..while good defensivley..they have a team that has 3pt shooters throughout..knicks do not have that...

If Thibs wants a defensive minded lineup...fine..get one that can also shoot....Vassel..or Nesmith..otherwise they better pass on Okoro..

Reports are that Terry has added 20lbs and 2 inches in height..coumd be vaulting his draft chances..

At least the trade chatter for cp3 has died down although Levine one still not totally dead..but still do not see it..

Mentioned him before..but Jerian Grant had very nice playoff run for Denver..he is opting out..would be a nice stretch 4 option..can D and hit 3's.

Comment

• Agreed on Grant.

Okoro has skills - he's got a good handle. He's got exceptional vision for a guy slapped with the "athlete" tag. High BBIQ. Hard worker. High motor. The issue is his offense right now is drive to the basket (he's excellent at finishing/drawing a foul, but he's got no mid-range/floater like say RJ has) and he's a sub 30% 3 point shot with bad mechanics.

He could be Kawhi if it all comes together, but he's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist if it doesn't. Great defender, but better be dunking the ball or passing it if it touches his hands on O. If he was a legit 4 - 6'9', 240 MAYBE I take the risk....as a wing - basically playing the same spot as RJ why overlap?

To me this draft has become just take Vassell ... If he is gone and there's not a very surprising drop I'd probably gamble on Cole - basically with the same justification I took into last years draft with RJ - before the year he was a guy you were HOPING to get. I'm not going to let an injury bothered season with 0 team around him sway my decision too much. Dude can ball. His question is the same as RJ's can he get a solid efficiency level...not can he play / score / defend at the NBA level.

Comment

• I really STRONGLY BELIEVE..Vassel will definitely be there at 8..too many other desired players ranked ahead..matched with the needs/fit of teams ahead of knicks..maybe Cavs..but Deni fits better and has to be pick there..only caveat...Team X behind knicks trades up to leapfrog Knicks..but really doubt he is viewed that strongly to warrant giving up the capital needed to move up (spurs?) And if by miracle it were to happen..that means another highly thought of player will be supplanted and thereby dropping to 8..so if Vassel is thought by FO as a fit and bpa..he will be a Knick..

Here is the other question in terms of Plan B...if vassel gone..for sake of argument...Hayes is the one who drops imo..I wouldn't be opposed to trading DOWN if possible to nab Cole..just can't be too cute and go too far..so a gamble to see if he there at say #14 (celts) ..not even looking to draft all picks(s) from them potentially received..more like using them as ammo for trading for an established player is the goal/thinking..

Comment

Working...
                                X