No announcement yet.

2020 Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickly/Rose combo...2-22 vs subpar team...ouch ...
    ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

• Yeah that was a massive let down game....honestly first time I felt deflated about a loss in about 5 years....

In terms of schedule tho believe it or not the Knicks had one of the toughest schedules in the NBA over the first 2 months. They now have the 3rd easiest schedule the rest of the way....so terrible loss vs the Magic aside...the schedule shouldn't hinder any playoff push

Comment

• Color me shocked at that schedule reality...feels like they always playing Clev. Det. Bulls..

I know its really who cares aspect..but for optics..Randle deserved being an allstar..
        ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Comment

• Tough loss, but not unexpected ...GS is still good. Curry is still an MVP level player and RJ was horrible. Payton shooting 15+ times should NEVER happen and I feel like its happening more and more while IQ plays less and less.

Good for Randle ...he deserves it.

Comment

• Yes..and Yes..One of the main reasons to root for some trade at deadline..is that it likely insures Payton would be shipped out to Team X for salary purposes..once he is gone..things(rotations) would/should be refined/stabilized...... hopefully...

Comment

• I also see more people talking about trading RJ.... I wish they would just stop. Has he struggled a lot of late? Absolutely....and I get there's still huge concerns about his shot, BUT he's 20. He's gotten his FT% up to 75% after shooting 60% last year. If you throw out those first 5 games in Dec - he shot 35% from 3 in Jan and he's shooting 40% from there in Feb. His PPG, FG%, FT%, Rebounds are all up from last year. His turnovers are down. ...and again he's being placed in a lineup that does not play to his strengths AT ALL. He's doing this all thru work ethic... and again - younger than Toppin, Quickly, Knox, Mitch, or Frank

No interest in moving him for Beal... or Zach Lavine...guys 6+ years older than him - look at the jumps in efficiency those two guys made in their 3rd/4th years in the league.

I know Knicks fans are starved for a playoff return, but this team is good enough to get there now but not good enough to make an impact by taking off 2-3 players (and 2-3 draft picks) and just plugging in Beal or Zach. Sure they maybe could sneak into say the 6th spot as opposed to the 8-10th BUT they'd still be 1 and done.

Hold the line - they've found an all-star in Randle. RJ at worst is a great 3rd option. They've got some nice bench pieces with IQ, maybe Toppin. Go draft or leverage a trade for a legit PG and watch how much better this team becomes. That's still the whole key to this puzzle...not a scorer. They need someone to truly run the offense

Comment

• No Payton. First real minutes for Frank. 140 points. Let's hope they hammy takes a loooooong time to heal

Comment

• Got to watch the whole game - only caught bits last night. Sign me up for a Frank/Quick bench unit. I know the Kings suck, but that tandem looked SOOOO good together. Frank as a secondary distributor / defender. Insanely small sample size, but he's hitting 50% of his 3s thus far. 3 & D wing/off guard role for him would help this team

Comment

• Lol..doubt Payton is worried he will be wally pip 'd despite the outpouring. But... I definitely fear they been itching like a drug addict in a crack den to make a move..but I don't think you have to worry about Beal. The Wiz..like knicks playing better..doubt he will be made available.. Lavine...not heard any recent whispers he available. So that leaves the WORSt fit in olodipo whom I pass on..

At this point..I too ride it out..maybe snag a vet sniper for cheap that is made available (reddeck?) You were right on who they should have jumped on in offseason..Rozier..now he not going anywhere either..then again..perhaps randle would not be here now either. I guess I tackle how to best build on this core in offseason rather than do something stupid now..

Comment

• Yeah Rozier would have been for Randle....in retro both players having breakout years. Would Rozier have stunted IQ? Would no Randle have unlocked Toppin? who knows

I agree Thibs and co are chomping at making a deal. Hoping that its Payton, Bullock, Rivers, Knox types out the door not anything else

Comment

• .500.... Frank with the steal to ice it. Pistons coming up but everyone played 40 tonight. Gibson down. They need Topping and IQ to show out.

Comment

• Not sure which stat I'm more floored by that I just heard this am..

Knicks being OVER .500 after 35 games for only the THIRD time in TWENTY YEARS !!!

or

Knicks now #1 ranked team in ALL NBA for DEFENSE

Speechless..

Comment

• What I couldn't believe was in 2017 they were actually 18-18....I know KP went down, but still from 18-18 to 29-53...yikes....I guess a word of caution on the high we're riding right now

Comment

• Oh yeah..by no means delusion of grandeur..like that..all it takes is one key injury..But..with Thibs..I kinda doubt they fall off a cliff too..coupled with the East being mediocre..

Comment

• Agreed. Just saying it was stunning and despite the play, despite the schedule, despite this month, despite this defense....this isn't a .500 team. They are doing it with pure heart and hustle and throwing guys out there 38+ mins a night. Its been awesome, but really they are also a game and 1/2 away from being the 10th seed and likely isn't going to continue to climb thru the rest of the season.

The beauty of it is - it helps the Knicks either way. Either they win, get a shot at the playoffs in a season where I think there's only TWO teams that the Knicks can't hang with in the East - Nets and 76ers just look like horrible matchups, but everyone else? They got a punchers chance.....they fall into that sub 6 seed - its a 1 game playoff where the worst outcome is a shot in the lottery for one of the deepest drafts in recent years (maybe 2 shots)

That said they've got an AWESOME chance to put some daylight between them and .500. They'll have the Spurs off of a game vs the Nets and then the Pistons again. Now look the Spurs are one of the teams getting no press this year that are playing some crazy good ball, BUT Rozen has either been held out or played like 20 mins in previous back to backs this year - so they've got a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X