No announcement yet.

2020 Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too early to make any call now. It's a dude in a contract year off of a long rest with no camp. There's flashes but there's also a lot of "same old" behind that....

But each good game but Randle makes me more annoyed about drafting Toppin

Comment

• Another nice win. Quickly is looking legit. Rivers has ice in his veins. RJ and Randle just making it all work. Amazing what a real coach with a real staff can do. This team has been fun to watch in pretty much every have this year

Comment

• Yip..

The frustration about not adding any major player(s) via fa was still valid..and you know where I stand on Toppin selection..but I cant be hypocritical and nbow to the Randle greatness now when I /we all wanted him vanished to the moon all offseason..but nobody can argue his play now..and how he was envisioned to produce from moment he signed.. I approved it speaking of triple doubles he would accomplish..and it is arriving finally..which leads back to the original point..most underated Knicks move made..COACHING.. a damn good/competent coach can make disfunctional/subpar players look better..
        Not shocked by this..and had hope.. but jury is still out on FRONT OFFICE..the Toppin pick is not wavering my opinion yet..

The negative about all this..in typical fashion..the High end lottery pick starts to fade further and further away..and Knicks do not know nor will Thibs allow a tank coupled with so many mediocre teams in East that Knicks can beat in a given night and all good teams beating each other up in West..Knicks front office is gonna have to be creative as hell to add top end talent they still need..time will tell..
        ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

• Yeah not worried about the draft at this point...I know this is supposed to be the next "loaded" draft, but things happen...maybe...just maybe this will be a year the ping pongs bounce their way and they get to be one of those borderline lottery teams that vaults into the top 5 that happens EVERY season. The current "experts" are now saying this is up to an 7-8 player "stud" draft....so lets be honest even if the Knicks finished in the bottom 5 they'd probably pick 9th at best anyways....

Having 2 picks this draft is still going to help

Comment

• Juggernauts??

One cannot argue whats happening here..Thibs making a dramatic impact..just some observations purely from box score..

Thibs shortened his rotation dramatically..only 3 bench players used with quick surprisingly getting only 5 min for whatever the reason..Thibs has a history of running his starters into ground.

The two man game of randle+Payton has clearly worked dramatically of late..but woukd hate for this to stunt rs's growth longterm.

Rivers continues to make big impact..Bullock not much..but yet still starts...guess its about who finishes..but maybe they wouldn't fall behind early if he were starting requiring these 4th q comebacks which i should also point out is an amazing thing to see in itself..
            Knicksnusually fall behind by double digits..white flag is raised quickly..and they end up losing by 20+.

But...winning basketball..so what can one say..yet another amazing poor shooting percentage shown by opponent's starting unit..hard to argue the defensive improvements.

Quite the stroy unfolding..and again the subpar east can definitely help in this team being an actual playoff team..who woulda thought that??!!
            ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Comment

• Hard to do much about the minutes when Noel, Frank, obi, and Burks are out. Who is he supposed to go to? DSJ? I think he goes back to a 10-11 man rotation when at full strength

​​​​​

Comment

• Ok..didnt know some peeps still hurt..

Apparently Taj. May be on his way back to team..with whatvj presume Noel getting dumped as he predictably unhappy chirping about PT..so makes total sense Taj the old good soldier being brought back

Comment

• Noel is garbage. Bye
                  “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

• No one is chirping about PT. Noel is hurt and not garbage BTW. Taj ain't taking over the back up C spot, so how is Noel being dumped? LOL He's being brought in right now while dumping Spellman so Randle and Mitch don't have to play 40 minutes a game. He'll stay on as a mentor/cheer leader once Noel is back. It makes all the sense in the world too with his experience under Thibs.
                    My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

• Yeah I think the Noel rumors were proved false... Bit Spellman showing up 30+ pounds over weight and then getting hurt did himself no favors

Comment

• Taj was presumed to be brought back all offseason..so wasn't shocked to see him walk thru the door again..and it was falsely reported Noel wasn't happy..something he has done before due to useage on previous team..so was a giant leap..when his minutes dropped to next to nothing and it wasn't said why..but he prividrs more on the court then taj..so thats fine by me in the end..

Comment

• Stink job let down last night. Just couldn't buy a bucket.... annoying because that was a winnable game and they shot something like 30% in the 1Q and still had a 9+ point lead you figured they'd put it together in the 2nd half like they have the last few, but it just never happened. Quickly played like garbage - as did Payton. Randle was bottled up as well. Lets see how the bounce back is vs the Nuggests/Hornets

Comment

• Wow Tubby Chucker traded to the Nets. Strippers in Brooklyn rejoice.

Could that franchise be any more unlikable right now? Kyrie, Durant, Harden. Ugh it's like Pierce, Garnett, Rondo Celtics

Comment

• Durant is still a god on the court, but damn did the Knicks dodge a huge bullet with Kyrie. What a clown.
                              My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeNblueNmyVeins View Post
                                Durant is still a god on the court, but damn did the Knicks dodge a huge bullet with Kyrie. What a clown.
                                Was saying this from jump..was begrudgingly willing to accept him if and only IF it meant KD..but he was to brittle and flakey to rely on long term.. I just NEVER expected this was gonna happen this quick in BK..Im suprised KD had been cool with all his antics.. I would have told him YOU SOLD ME on coming here as a DUO wheere the F*uck are you now?? Could have stayed with Steph afterall..

This trio will be so temporary..and will disband leaving Nets a desolate wasteland with no picks again..will be worse then KG deal in the end..so they better hope they win it this or next year..

Comment

Working...
                                X