No announcement yet.

2020 Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vassel video kinda scared me..wont lie..not completely off the wagon..but really hope the powers that be did extensive homework to rule out any of the recent reports..but I too now believe they are targeting is Okoro..really have a feeling thibs will think he can mold him into Butler 2.0. Even saw one mock or rumor( i forget where) that had Knicks trade up for which is nuts...

I also see this as part of the master plan of cp3/Melo combo..

Cp3
    Okoro
    Rj
    Melo
    Mitch

Still cringe at the compensation of assets given up for cp3..and would rather a younger/alternative (grant?) stretch 4.

But still enamored with a vassel/ Lewis combo. But also think their plan B is a trade down for maybe Maxey and 2021 pick.
    Last edited by 86mets; 10-19-2020, 05:23 PM.
    ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

• Yeah the video did throw some doubt into my Vassell thoughts - again not enough to knock me off him he's been too consistently good in college to suddenly think he's going to completely lose it....no idea why he would change his form NOW tho. Form can be huge - its a big reason I question Hali even making it as an off guard. Its why I keep going back towards Cole too...but whatever.

If Okoro is the guy they better have something up their sleeve to get a shooter on the club. Like I get it, Okoro has great D and great positional flexibility....good handle, good passing...but if he can't shoot it means nothing. It isn't an RJ situation where the shot will define him from being good to potentially being all-star because RJ had shown an ability to manipulate defenders, get the paint, and get FTs at will and an arsenal of moves at all 3 levels even if he wasn't the most efficient....this is a situation where without a significant shot improvement Okoro is a rotational bench piece in 2-3 years at best.

Comment

• This draft needs to just get here already.... FA rumors continue to swirl around all the wrong people - Russ is the big buzz now, but still lots of talk on Paul, Dipo, etc - now the latest is they have LaMelo, Hayes ranked 1-2 on their board and sounding like Okoro right behind. I give up already and I just pray for a trade back to grab SOME extra assets because at this point I don't feel strongly about anyone.

I said before I think Hayes might have the highest upside of PGs in the draft - high BBIQ - strong team defender - great vision - has a bit of swag to him that Frank never possessed - good size/build - and his form/potential shot is on point. He's legit made people around him better.... BUT not an elite athlete, too many turnovers, not a strong handle, doesn't generate a lot of FT attempts/finish thru contact.... I mean if its down to him and say Hali I'd probably swing for Hayes, but I can't say I'm all in on him over Lewis, Anthony, etc. Since that video came out with Vassell just not feeling strongly about anyone projected to be avail at 8.

Trade back with NO (they have a ton of future picks - continue to stockpile) or Phoenix, draft Cole and don't overthink this at this point. I think you can make a lot of comparisons between Lewis and Cole - both are 3 level scorers - perhaps the best at it in this draft even if Anthony's shot selection leaves something to be desired. Both have strong handles. Neither are good passers (Lewis probably has better vision, but makes more poor decisions). Lewis has elite speed. Anthony elite hops (43+ vertical leap). Neither is a liability on D. I like Anthony's strength and the fact that he played against much better competition with worse players around him....plus again the thought of getting someone who was pictured to be a top 5 heading into the season in the 10-15 range just seems like a good gamble to me. Plus he's a true combo guard so if you wanted to dip back into the PG pool at 27 or FA or give Frank a chance to run the show you easily could.

Comment

• Yeah..This delay in season has just given more time for all the speculation all over the place..I too no longer know what to make of Knicks thinking..but in some ways..may not be such a bad thing IF...IF... IF...its all about not telegraphing who the want ..in past they do so and have player X snatched up (Curry).. Hopefully all this back and forth is about that.. In regards as to who should be the pick..also remains to be seen..why? Well..seems like every team ahead of knicks is rumored to be doing different things with their own pick..if they even keep picks....emphasizing the point that this draft is mediocre at best.. I dont want to trade up from #8 unless its a steal (which it wont be and never is for Knicks) since no sure fire no brainer to be had..Depending on who is left on the board..it almost to the point of taking BPA.. I am not enamored with trading down for extra picks in THIS draft but would consider a small drop with one given next year..or another deal is already lined up to move up to near the other higher pick..so two picks in mid to late teens ideally.

Will also accept swap of picks for a good player ie heild/oubre/rubio..

Talk now is season maybe targetted for reboot right before Christmas..not leaving alot of if time for draft and fa..so after all this delays...gonna be a very quick turnaround for new season. So buckle up ...fasten seatbelts..gonna be bumpy ride...
          ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/TommyBeer...21089904021505

I know...I know..its a 1v1 amateur video..but can't recall seeing him this agressive in any videos whether in games or practice before pre or post draft or NBA.... The shot looks smoother....could it be all the hard work is starting to pay off???!!

Comment

• When Frank was drafted the thought was he was going to be 3 year project. So we'll see. Frank needs to stay healthy... If anyone is going to unlock his final form is this coach and staff.

​​​ For now I just see him as a rotational piece/backup PG but I still have hope for more.

Agreed on collecting extra picks this year. Hence why I look at the Pels with all those extra Lakers picks in the future rather than say Boston... And again I'm with you on getting a player even a minor salary dump like Obre/Rubio.

Comment

• It is true that doctors still do not how to treat Covid correctly. And it can be reason for so many deaths in the beginning of the pandemic. In the UK, https://worldcams.tv/united-kingdom/london/city-views, the authorities were skeptical at first. But with the growth of deaths, the opinion changed. Doctors are doing all they can to improve the situation, but the ideal algorithm is not yet found.
                Last edited by anderoos; 10-27-2020, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Besides Lamelo and Killian, almost every other PG in the draft seem to profile as a backup PG on a contender. (DJ Augustin type) If that's the case, I'm ok with making the talent play at 8, whether it's Okoro, Vassell, Williams, or whoever may drop (Toppin seems destined for CLE, but if they pass he's dropping. If GS passes on Deni, he may be there at 8, etc.), and getting the guard later. One of Cole, Maxey, Malachi, Riller will be there at 27.

Comment

• Toppin is going to score, but his defense is SOOOO BAD. I mean he's like a modern day Amare honestly.... he'll get some highlight blocks and he's fun to watch on offense, but in todays game with 4s shooting 3s and being able to put it on the floor he's going to be absolutely abused on defense. If for some reason they end up going that route they better have a heck of a defensive wing and PG.

Comment

• Gs could be right tram to mask all them Toppin warts though with Klay and dray

Comment

• Vassels coach has come out and said the video of him was him messing around and his shot has not been change/alterred..so back on his wagon for 8..take on a bad salary for more assets(picks) ..move up for Lewis..!! Full steam ahead..!

Comment

• Maybe but don't forget they already have to account for most of those same short comings with Wiggans.... I honestly feel like Deni or Okoro would be perfect fits for them more than the Wiseman / Edwards rumors. Both plus defenders, good passers, solid ball handling skills...very much glue players who both excel at attacking. I doubt they grab Okoro at 2, but no reason not to consider Deni. While neither is the athlete Edwards is, the floor is much higher on both IMO. Edwards could very well end up Wiggans v2.

Honestly if Toppin doesn't go to Cleveland not sure where he lands - Chicago, Det, Atlanta makes no sense given their setups. The Hornets could be players...probably depends on if Wiseman is still on the board when they pick....outside of that I could see him dropping all the way to the Spurs unless there's some shuffling in the top 10

Comment

• NBA Central
                            @TheNBACentral

LaMelo Ball is reportedly 'not performing well' in interviews, per @rick_bonnell "LaMelo Ball is not performing very well at job interviews. I’ve heard that from multiple sources. He is not improving his perception via job interview." (Via 102.5 FM WFNZ | h/t lonzowire)

Shocker....

Comment

• Still won't drop past Chicago, but I'd sure l stay away. There were enough concerns for me on the court before we even get into off it

Comment

• “I want him in either New York or Detroit,” Ball said.

When asked why he didn’t want LaMelo in Los Angeles like his brother at the start of his career, LaVar made clear he still had no love for Luke Walton, nor much interest in a post-LeBron James and Anthony Davis team.

“The makeup that they have right now, that’s not good for me,” Ball said. “When they finish with the AD and LeBron here and all that. Check this out, already had a son in LA with a raggedy ass coach. So it don’t matter where you go, the key is to have the right coach behind you

Well..as expected...his blowhard daddy wants him in NYC as expected...so he can eventually trash the organization when his son flames out..

Comment

Working...
                                X