2019-20 offseason epic thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And its off the races on the blame game -

Perry and Mills getting out in front of this "getting angry" about where the team is - ya know the team they constructed - with the coach they hired.....

Whatever, if it gets Fiz **** canned earlier good. This team isn't 2-8 bad...they have talent and honestly with some 1/2 decent coaching and better rotations probably should have at least 4 wins....

BUT

Perry's big accomplishment here has been "Not making a stupid decision that cripples this team for the next decade." - which does make him automatically better than like the last 3 GMs, but he's also yet to do anything that shows he has a clue on how to move this team forward....which was kind of his MO in previous stops with Orlando and Sac.... I mean we went into this season saying this team should probably win about 30 games.... Not exactly a high bar here in the NBA when every team but 5 did that just last year. He gets a pass for now, but firing Fiz does put him on the clock so I wouldn't expect anything to happen too soon.

With the way this front office has worked I'm going to guess 1. This presser was caused by Dolan knocking on their door asking why this team still blows 2. James can only count in round numbers so I'd expect Fiz to get to 20 games and if this team is like 4-16 / 5-15 after that....a change is a comin'!

People can lolknicks about how it happened, but I'm glad it did....

Comment

• It's exactly how you painted. It had this was Dolan for sure... That steak is certainly getting driven a little bit deeper into fitz heart.. He is totally dead man walking it's only a matter of time... It's one thing to lose games but is another to get blown out and totally embarrassed by sub par teams. At home,.
      ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

• And last night is why Fiz needs to go. Game tied going into the 4th. He's playing a back court of Smith and Trier and trying to play zone. Shockingly the Bulls get like 5 straight wide open 3s ...

That had nothing to do with roster construction or talent levels that was pure coaching stupidity

(edit)

I'm sorry but it's really pissing me off how much the media is jumping on this and turning it into -

1. Oh you really expected this team to compete?!?!?!

2. Typical Dolan

I say complete bullshit to both. The message wasnt that this team should be 8-2...the message was this roster, no matter what you think of it, is BETTER than last year. The goal this year was improvement - 2-8, though admittedly very early is not improvement (actually its on pace for LESS wins) and more importantly the team looks to be doing the same stupid **** as last year. There was no reason to be competitive against say Boston/Dal and then get your doors blown off by teams like Sacremento/Cleveland....and yeah its the NBA even the best teams will lay a fart against garbage teams from time to time, but when you're trying to change a culture seeing a team lose by 12+ points in 6 of your first 10 games is pretty alarming and damning. They've shown ZERO progress. This roster is 50% different than last year - the starting lineup is 100% different than last years and they are making the same mistakes. Running the same BROKEN offense. Running the same switch on every play defense.

If the Knicks had Bud would they be 2-9? I think purely on coaching alone, at least 2 wins completely got away from them. Yeah 4-7 is nothing to write home about, but at some point this team needs to show PROGRESS. The record really doesn't matter with the lottery anymore so don't give me any crap about its better to be really terrible than only kinda terrible. Last year's draft order completely disproved that AND this year's draft really doesn't have a clear #1-3 like last year did. There's about 6 guys who are in competition for that #1 spot. This time last year it was Zion or Barrett and only late did JA throw his hat into the ring.

And as for Dolan - I say he has every right to be pissed about this. I don't think he's meddling - I think he is on the sidelines. I think he had every right to call Mills/Perry into his office and tear into them. I, as a Knick fan, actually appreciated the conference because to me it had/is at the point where appearances are that this Organization just doesn't care. Even if its early...even if its window dressing...even if its finger pointing I think something needed to be said/done at this point..

Comment

• Haha suck it KP. Also Knicks 3 wins = compete disaster. Nets 4 wins = contender and taking over the city.

Comment

• Can we play Dallas every game? KP was shook to the core last night. It was a beautiful thing to see. He laughed off the intros since he expected that. He didn't expect the game long emotional beat down from the fans. You could see it on his face. He was a zero in the 1st and 4th quarters.

Just goes to show you this team can compete when motivated. It's obviously easy to get motivated by a game like that. The fans don't need any extra incentive and the players thrive off that. It's the coaches job to have the team motivated for the games with Cleveland etc. Once they start doing that maybe they can become a respectable team again that they can build on for the future.
            My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

• Well plus it's like Fiz coaches differently in those games. He pulls the guys struggling. He feeds the guys playing well. Look at the mins for Trier or Portis... Meanwhile Dot was cooking and he got 20+ mins.

Against the Bulls guys sucking still got 20 mins

Comment

• Okay so again here is Fiz.... The hornets are just bombing away all game, yet he stays in zone.

Smith picked up 4 fouls in 5 mins...5 in 7... Why was he even on the court in the 4th?

Hornets start playing zone, offense is struggling... Why is ellington not on the court finding holes to bomb from 3?

Last play of the game... Really that's what you drew up? Why was RJ not on the court? He took over the game late. Why was Morris inbounding when he's the one guy who can get a shot off I'm any situation. You've got 2 secs the ball isn't being passed back to anyone. Just horrible....

The team played hard... That loss was 100% on the coach

Comment

• Since I'm always hating on Fiz I gotta give him credit here - way to play Dot. I love that Dot has pretty much completely taken any chance to get Trier on the court away from him. So kudos for Fiz for going with the two way player. Now if only we can just get rid of DSJ. Man how was this kid ever thought to be anything decent?

Comment

• Well ever since the "press conference" where it was clear he was on the hot seat he stopped playing Trier/Ellington gave Dot a chance and put Taj in the starting lineup putting a greater emphasis on D. I don't think it's a coincidence and he obviously got the message he needs to stop getting cute and trying to get guys going who are one dimensional.
                    My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

• Impressive blowing a 17 point lead with just over a quarter to go.. Only defender goes to the bench, and of course, the other team goes on a massive run... The second unit should play better with Payton at the helm...that's if he plays him over dsj..

OR.. Frank gets burried again with the other youth like Knox and Mitch are...

Of course it had to be vs Knicks that Simmons makes his 1st career 3.
                      ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

• There's been a lot of "Blew an X point lead" when Frank goes to the bench this year. They showed a stat something like with Frank on the floor for the season the Knicks are pretty much even (think it was -.8). When he's not on the floor they are -12+. There's only 2 other players in the NBA with a double digit swing in +/- on/off for their teams (and you can guess who they are). That's a pretty amazing stat especially when you consider Frank averages only 6 points a game.....

A big part of it goes beyond just DSJ vs. Frank as well...we tend to see Frank, Morris, and Taj kind of leave around the same time and Knox, Portis, DSJ combo enter the game. I'm sorry there should NEVER be a moment when Portis, Randle, and Knox are on the floor together. Honestly I think there's a pretty good argument you shouldn't even have 2 of those guys on the floor with DSJ at PG...yet that is often the "2nd unit"

Morris has been struggling out of the gate the last few games. Knox has looked lost for about 5 games now....I'm thinking this team needs another lineup adjustment - Taj/Randle/Knox/RJ/Frank - Gives good spacing for Randle to work inside. Then the 2nd unit of Mitch, Portis, Morris, Dot, DSJ. Mitch to cancel out a bit of DSJ's D. 4Q you ideally go back to Mitch, Randle, Morris, RJ, Frank, but I think they need to spread out the handful of good defenders on this team. I'm sick of watching 10+ point leads vanish with lineups like Portis, Randle, Knox, Smith and X on the floor. Not that I want to reward Knox, but maybe it'll get him going a bit and he's just been SO BAD defensively this year they need to distance him from Portis (0 rim protection) and Smith (0 perimeter defense) - combined those 2 with a guy who loses his guy every other second and you have either easy layups or lots of wide open 3s

Comment

• +/- is such a flawed stat. Who is on the floor with you and who is on the floor against you. Put me on the floor with 4 all stars vs the Knicks and I’ll have a great +/-
                          “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

• Originally posted by METSSC View Post
                            +/- is such a flawed stat. Who is on the floor with you and who is on the floor against you. Put me on the floor with 4 all stars vs the Knicks and I’ll have a great +/-
                            I don't disagree but when you've got a garbage team it kinda shows who is playing well and who isn't

Comment

• Just keep losing. Cole Anthony and Barrett = championship eventually
                              “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

• Plus they fire Mr potato Head. How the hell did this team beat the Mavs twice

Comment

Working...
                                X