2017-18 OFFSEASON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OrangeNblueNmyVeins View Post
    Man between the KP rape stuff and THJ's need for surgery that trade is looking better and better. Hahahahahaha
    Have to say this.... although it was a weird setup how either went down and its not like the net for the Knicks has been overwhelming great - but the Melo trade and this both were pretty tremendous moves once the initial wreckage cleared...(I got a feeling the OBJ one ends up going down this route as well). Now with a little luck we'll have Zion and a couple of K's + significant draft capital moving forward

Comment

• Originally posted by MrHat View Post
      Thus ends the Zion run. Honestly his last 2 outings he looked mortal and still put up 20+. I do agree with the fat pope tho....he's not generational ....he's not Lebron.....he's not Shaq....but I think he's a 20/10/4/2 guy....which puts him at worst at Blake Griffin....and again caps him out at the Freak. Gimme

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsCen...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
      yeah. .From get go I saw him as Blake. And floor of Draymond.. Either way.. An NBA calibre star.. And would be a great piece to the puzzle. .

RJ. .luke warm on him. I see Wiggins when I see him.. Talented.. Athletic.. But not a winner.. I like how he can finish at the rim at will.. But bad ft/shooting..idk.. I'm leaning towards ja for #2 personally.. I feel he can elevate his team play personally and would be WILLING to do so...
      ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeNblueNmyVeins View Post
        Man between the KP rape stuff and THJ's need for surgery that trade is looking better and better. Hahahahahaha
        Beat me to this point.

Could you imagine the complete $hit storm Knicks be facing right now if still a Knick.. And imagine if trade were reversed?? Up would have zero trade value and thj untradeable. .. Omg. I cannot believe Knicks dumped BOTH and got what they got out of deal to boot.. Knicks would have had to attach their #1 pick this year to dump those two now. .Lol
        ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 86mets View Post

yeah. .From get go I saw him as Blake. And floor of Draymond.. Either way.. An NBA calibre star.. And would be a great piece to the puzzle. .

RJ. .luke warm on him. I see Wiggins when I see him.. Talented.. Athletic.. But not a winner.. I like how he can finish at the rim at will.. But bad ft/shooting..idk.. I'm leaning towards ja for #2 personally.. I feel he can elevate his team play personally and would be WILLING to do so...
          I know not the finish most would like to have seen from RJ -but there's an effortless part of his game that just comes so naturally it would still be tough for me to pass on him at #2. I mean most people would say he didn't live up to the billing this year...yet he still averaged, 23 / 8 / 4 - basically the same as Zion....that's kinda crazy. The NBA game actually spreads out more than the college one - especially college teams against Duke - I think that'll play right into Barrett's strengths.

I see where the Wiggins compare can come from tho. He wasn't highly efficient like Zion was in averaging basically the same #s (imagine if Zion could actually hit free throws)....but where I see a big difference is Wiggins was a black hole for the basketball in college and carried that over to the pros. Barrett creates for others and is a willing passer / rebounder / good ball handler. Watching Wiggins was like watching late career Melo....ball went in...never came out until it clanged off the rim. For a kid playing 30+ mins a game on a team with Embiid, Ellis, Mason, etc he averaged 1 assist.

Just for giggles *IF* the Knicks get #2 and the Suns get 3....I'd be all for a trade back swap. 2 for 3 plus #32..

Comment

• Originally posted by MrHat View Post

I know not the finish most would like to have seen from RJ -but there's an effortless part of his game that just comes so naturally it would still be tough for me to pass on him at #2. I mean most people would say he didn't live up to the billing this year...yet he still averaged, 23 / 8 / 4 - basically the same as Zion....that's kinda crazy. The NBA game actually spreads out more than the college one - especially college teams against Duke - I think that'll play right into Barrett's strengths.

I see where the Wiggins compare can come from tho. He wasn't highly efficient like Zion was in averaging basically the same #s (imagine if Zion could actually hit free throws)....but where I see a big difference is Wiggins was a black hole for the basketball in college and carried that over to the pros. Barrett creates for others and is a willing passer / rebounder / good ball handler. Watching Wiggins was like watching late career Melo....ball went in...never came out until it clanged off the rim. For a kid playing 30+ mins a game on a team with Embiid, Ellis, Mason, etc he averaged 1 assist.

Just for giggles *IF* the Knicks get #2 and the Suns get 3....I'd be all for a trade back swap. 2 for 3 plus #32..
            Yeah..was gonna give RJ the nod over wiggins for the passing..left it out..but I also think he does have a little me only atitude as well in him..just not to the level of Wiggins..

Man...your WATP is an interesting one...I Wouldnt rule out Suns offering it either..FOR JA..it would make total sense as the missing piece.. you do this..would you go RJ and TY Jerome? or how about Cameron johnson? both mocked to be there..

I still be tempted to flip #3 + frank for Beal ..lol

Comment

• Its the perfect temptation.... Pho NEEDS a PG more than anything. JA is damn near a perfect fit for them. They need one so bad I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they got the #1 pick if they wouldn't consider trading back. So the flip question if the Suns got #1 and the Knicks were #2 do you like Zion so much to swap #2 and maybe the Mavs future pick for #1? If the intel is right on whats in store for NY on the FA front I think you gotta....hell you probably have to give up more than that. Even if Zion isn't generational the hype train and change to the Knicks culture he'd bring is worth just about anything right now. Even striking out on FAs the future wouldn't seem so bad with Zion and Mitch leading the way....I almost feel those two might finally unlock Smith's game too.

As for the 2nd round....I dunno I've got a laundry list of names. The mocks have guys all over the map its hard to. I'm not a big Ty Jerome fan. Tall, but stubby....he had an awesome game vs. Purdue, but he was straight up garbage in the ACC Tourney. If you're looking at him how can you not love Carson Edwards after his performance in the tourney. Guy averaged like 35 ppg against - Virginia, Tenn, and Nova - 3 of the better defensive teams in the nation.... I'd probably go Cameron Johnson between the 3 of them tho. More confidence in Johnson translating to the NBA. Admiral Schofield or Zach Norvell could be options there as well if they want bigger 2/3 guys who can bomb from deep.

I think the 2nd round does beg for guys with range tho, unless they arent keeping Jordan...then you might actually be able to get some skilled bangers Bassey, Gafford, Naz Reid.

But as mentioned the 2nd round can get crazy - I've seen some mocks with Kevin Porter falling to the 2nd round - guy was a potential lottery pick until - injury, suspension, etc...same deal with Jontay Porter.... There's also the unknown of Darius Bazley - who's high school mix tape you could put right up there with Barrett / Little / Reddish, 5 star recruit #13 in the class, but who wanted to get paid rather than go to college. 6'9-6'10" with a handle that many guards would love to have - - Mobile Mitch 2.0? I think that's where I gamble my money in the 2nd.

I knew nothing about Mitch Rob last year, but the year prior I was locked into Dotson and Frank Mason as the guys I wanted badly...I'm not there yet on anyone in this draft for the 2nd because of some of those guys above being anywhere from about 15-45 in the Mocks I've seen.

Comment

• damn..your scenarios get tougher and tougher to answer..I guess you gotta pull trigger..but damn PHX would be so setup..its why if Knicks dont get #1..I sure as hell dont want phx to either..they win no matter what if they get 1 or 2....

Comment

• Originally posted by 86mets View Post
                  damn..your scenarios get tougher and tougher to answer..I guess you gotta pull trigger..but damn PHX would be so setup..its why if Knicks dont get #1..I sure as hell dont want phx to either..they win no matter what if they get 1 or 2....
                  I kinda do...because I think that's the ONLY team that the Knicks would have ANY shot of dealing with to get back to the #1 spot. Cleveland, Chicago, Atlanta, *shudder* Dallas, Memphis, NO, Washington all those teams are taking Zion and running without even the slightest pause. Maybe Minn wouldn't given their roster setup - they just need an infusion of people around KAT *might* consider moving around for more assets. The Lakers would likely ship it out to NO for AD....but even with those you're talking about teams with 2-3% odds. So if the Knicks DONT get #1...then I kinda hope PHX does because it keeps the Zion hopes alive...even if just by a sliver.

But I totally get rooting against them....they are the next closest thing to the "the process" since Philly. They dont "deserve" it...neither does Cleveland to go right from Lebron to Zion...or Chicago who's just decided to bench its entire team the last month to try to slide into the #3 spot.

Comment

• If this guy Matthews on Lipscomb goes undrafted get him in camp
                    “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

• https://dailyknicks.com/2019/04/04/n...ys-ric-bucher/

Still can't buy it but jeez ... Like you said 86, at this point if it doesn't happen it'll be a bigger gut punch than Lebron

Comment

• Yip.. i dont recall this many experts/secondary peeps..media..all saying Lebron was gonna be a Knick like this..

I am highly confident he is leaving Warriors..but still not ready to say its for Knicks..I just cant allow myself to believe its goona happen...gotta protect the heart..lol

on another note.. CONGRATS to the TANK COMMANDER Fitz..and Knicks.. the tank was done exceptionally..and they have clinched worst record..yippee at an equal chance to get #5 pick now..

Comment

• Was gonna wait till tommorrow to officially start the EPIC offseason thread of all time ! lol May I suggest to start a new one and post this there..so we can get ball rolling..will be response there.. what sure to be MANY

Comment

Working...
                          X