Game 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 1

If they don't lose by 20 I'll be stunned....but I think there's some interesting setups to see how Horny lines up tho....

OKC will use Melo @ the 4. - Do you guard him with KP? I would. Force Melo to operate outside....Melo's going to have a hard time getting his post-up on against KP. I want to force Melo to be a jump shooter. With the 2nd unit I'd put Beas on him. I think trying to go small with a Lance Thomas or a guy like O'Quinn would be brutal. I'll take my chances with Melo facing up KP. Play off, KP can recover to challenge shots. If Melo wants to bury 18 foot jumpers, I'm fine with that. Dude never shoots 50% and take him out of the rebounding game. I wanna see KP just get nothing but free looks with Melo on him as well....or if they are stupid and move Adams out to him, then Willy can eat Melo in the post or KP can go right past Adams.

I think he'd be stupid to start Kanter in this game. Adams isn't good offensively, but he's good defensively and he's the only legit 5 they really have. I'd love to see Kanter eat up guys like Dakari Johnson or Patterson on the 2nd unit. I'd just let him matchup with Willy. They should cancel each other out.

Sessions vs. Westbrook is just a horrible nightmare matchup, but it's going to happen. The instant Session is off the court, I'd D up Westbrook with Frank/Dotson/Baker and that's it. No one is going to come close to stopping him, but they can annoy the crap outta him.

George....Opposite of Melo - he's not a good post up player - I'd start Lee on him....challenge him to take Lee down into the post.

Hardaway on Roberson. Roberson is going to nothing but stand at the 3P line. Hopefully Tim doesn't drift too much. Just stay relatively close and all Roberson will be doing in the game is pass the ball back to Westbrook.

For OKC those 4 guys - Adams, Melo, Westbrook, George are all going to go 30+. KP and Hardaway are probably the only 2 Knicks who going to get to that. If Session plays much more than 20 mins, that's horrible. Frank should get 20+, Baker the rest. That's your rotation on Westbrook.

I definitely want Kanter on the court everytime Adams is off...and he'll likely be on some time with him as well, but I'd try to keep that to a min.

Dotson can matchup on George off the bench...Lance also is a decent matchup there. I want nothing to do with McBuckets against George. If he's going to get mins, then its when George is off the court. I think if Frank is struggling vs. Westbrook with his knee maybe you put him on the SG or even George and let Dotson get a crack at Russell.

I already mentioned Beas vs. Melo. Beas isn't great, but where he mostly gets in trouble is when his guy doesn't have the ball. OKC is a pure ISO ball team. I don't want KoQ vs. Melo. I think KoQ needs to get glued to the bench baring foul trouble to the other guys in this game. He's a foul machine that would lead to Melo feasting at the line.

So summary:

Sessions
    Hardaway
    Lee
    KP
    Willy

2nd unit:
    Frank
    Baker/Dotson
    Dotson/Lance
    Beas
    Kanter

Glued to the bench in this one to me is McBuckets and KoQ. I think its a bad matchup for them.
    Last edited by MrHat; 10-18-2017, 10:16 AM.

Well I figured Melo will go for 50 but the more I think about it he will probably save that effort for the garden.. But yeah your plan is the way to go but its not really going to matter Melo may not get that many points but west brook and George Will crush the knicks so they will lead by a lot in the 4th quarter and probably take out all the starters anyway so I know this will be a blowout either way
    ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Comment

Just some interesting news around the league - The Wiz were starting Jason Smith at PF because Morris is injured....now Smith is hurt. Another good landing spot for KoQ. Fultz was absolutely abused in that game by Wall and didn't even start over Bayless....he was -18 for the game.

Lin goes down again with a knee

Boston now 0-2 - Tatum has been good on the boards, but he's struggling shooting.

Dennis Smith went for 16 / 10 in his debut. Good game for him 6-12 from the field, 4 turnovers. 1-4 from 3.

Fox went 14 / 5

Monk was 1 of 9 from the field - 3 points.....pretty terrible.

Mitchell was 3-11 for 10 points

Smith clearly with the best start of any of the PGs in the draft. Josh Jackson and Isaac both were terrible. Collins didn't play.

Oh and I forgot Ryan Anderson 2-7 from the field
      Last edited by MrHat; 10-19-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Carmelo Anthony @carmeloanthony
        “You Watched Me Walk Through Hell, Now Watch Me Walk Up Out It”#STAYME7O
        1:50 PM - Oct 19, 2017

LOL..the Hoodie Matyr speaks...
        ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Comment

Well.. First half in the books.. Knicks hung in there a lot better than I expected.. Defensive effort looks better... And KP beasting.. But NOBODY else contributing much.. Too many turnovers... Up gonna wear down..

Rook got in game.. Didn't do any thing but chuck an air ball... Thj got into quick foul trouble..

Thunder probably run away with it second half..

Comment

I don't know how you guys do it. I find these games completely unwatchable. Thank God for college hoops
            “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Not so hard.. When one has ZERO expectations.. And the knowledge that team sucks @ss.. One can watch game differently..knowing you have little shot reduces the stress going in .. One can even chuckle as alley oop after alley oop gets dunked on you

Comment

Fire Horny now. Frank, Willy, Dotson combined got less minutes than Sessions, Thomas, or KoQ....in a game where you lose by twenty. That's how you rebuild?!?!

Comment

I'd give a pass for this game since he probably wanted to actually win and show up Melo. Now if it happens again id definitely question wtf hes doing
                  My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Couldn't believe Willie only got garbage minutes ... But he had to get that pos l. Thomas the burn he needed right?

There was absolutely no flow on offense... Loved how KP was obviously the feature and he definitely produced, but he's gonna wear down once the big guys in the league start pounding on him, the rest of the offense is total **** this team is gonna get destroyed. On a nightly basis.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeNblueNmyVeins View Post
                      I'd give a pass for this game since he probably wanted to actually win and show up Melo. Now if it happens again id definitely question wtf hes doing
                      Id buy that through 3Qs, but after the 3rd this game was over. Those guys could have played that whole 4Q.

Comment

Originally posted by MrHat View Post

Id buy that through 3Qs, but after the 3rd this game was over. Those guys could have played that whole 4Q.
                        THIS

Quinn got more mintutes than I expected as well.. he did well on the boards as usual..but I dont need to see him attempting 3's either. maybe they trying to showcase him for trade.. Hardaway CAN'T afford to get in foul trouble like that..Knicks were basically playing 1 vs 5 after that..still not a fan of Baker either..gives effort..but not a player who should get ton of minutes..I only hope it was b/c Franks wasnt ready for more minutes just yet.. Lance Thomas needs to be the last man on bench..play Lee or Mc D at 3 and Dotson @ 2 when needed.. But unless a pg that can penetrate at will and or be respected to knock down an open shot more often..this team will look like crap offensively on most nights..I pray KP is up for the challenge stamina wise..cuz he is all they got..and he will be double teams at will most nights..why wouldnt you..

Comment

Well what's alarming was that when asked why Willy didn't play, they said it was because he was 3rd on the depth chart. Wtf

If Frank 3rd too? Dotson? Not good signs

Comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3575759

“We have a lot of bigs,” Hornacek said. “(O’Quinn) and Enes earned the minutes in training camp. Willy’s not far behind. He’s got to keep working. When you got that many bigs, you can’t play them all. The other guys earned the minutes. I told all three of them it doesn’t matter if you’re in the rotation or out of rotation. If you’re in it, you’ve got to earn it to keep it.”

“I can score. It’s not difficult for me. I think the coach wants to see my effort on defense. That’s why I have to keep working hard everyday,” said Hernangomez,
                            So...when did Kanter become a defensive stud? Yeah...officially Horny is on my clock for termination with that statement..

Comment

Now Frank sprains his ankle in practice. Can't make this **** up.

My EntireTeam Sucks...

Comment

Working...
                              X