Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melo saga finally concludes... Traded to OKC

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    New York has agreed to a deal to send Carmelo Anthony to OKC for Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott and a draft pick, league sources tell ESPN.
    1:05 PM - Sep 23, 2017

The pick is a 2018 bulls SECOND rounder apparently..

Glad the saga is over.. But not turned at return.. No high pick or potential useful young player.. Maybe they can flip Kanter elsewhere for something useful?? It's better than Anderson deal.. But not by much... Big glut of big men now..
    ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Citifield & Mets...the place where Sluggers Careers go to DIE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLzr2Al_Os

Well KOQ is an easily tradeable asset as well. But I agree that I how they deal Kanter. He has an option year so maybe they know he'll bounce after this season.

I like McBuckets but he's gone after 1.

​future of this team is just better without Melo

Comment

OKC vs Knicks to open season...over and under Melo goes for 50+??

This helps the Tank efforts for coming season..a team with Melo would eek out a few meaningless wins potentially..but wish they could have pried a young promising sf out of a deal...wonder if Blazers would be interested in Kanter for Davis./Harkless..ah well..time to turn the page..
      ACCEPTED TRUTH: That I will be ROYALLY F**CKED OVER by EVERY TEAM I ROOT FOR (METS, JETS & KNICKS) !!!

Comment

Hehe plus again they now have tradeable assets for the deadline. Lee, KOQ, Kanter, McBuckets, Beasley, etc.

Theses guys aren't studs but they are the perfect role/bench players on teams looking to make a push. Give picks!

Comment

maybe the knicks can be good again in about 5 years
          The 2018 Mets - making the Titanic look buoyant.

Comment

Wade was bought out now.....rumors he has Spurs, Cleveland, and OKC on his list. Spurs can give him the most (3.3 mil vs. 2.3 mil on the others), but the Cavs would pay 10+ mil once luxury tax was added in.

Honestly I think he fits best on the Spurs, but Cleveland makes the most sense to me if they are willing to pay the tax. He has a cake walk to the finals.

This is news for the Knicks because it makes that 2nd rounder better. The bulls should be a bottom 5 team in the NBA this year now 33-35. Honestly because of how the second round contracts work and the generally minimal difference between say 25-30 and 30-35....works out well.

Also more has come in on the offers they got for Melo - Shump and Frye from Cleveland. Anderson and some disposables (no 1st rounder). Apparently they had something worked out with Portland, but Melo was still refusing to go there and he was going to hold out from camp. So maybe they could have waited for him to open up to Portland, but I think ultimately they made the right decision in ending this media circus. The return is not great, but they can focus on basketball now...not Melodrama.
            Last edited by MrHat; 09-25-2017, 08:26 AM.

Comment

if were rooting for what our 2nd round pick will be we're in about as bad a position as is possible
              “President Obama is a personal friend of mine,” said Rickles. “He was over to the house yesterday, but the mop broke.”

It's early!!!

Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning liberals say "Oh crap he's up"

Comment

Fore gone conclusion Wade would be cut loose..with Cavs the presumed destination..Melo was hoping for same(when Houston deal dead) so he could probably show up on doorstep with Wade hand and hand..so glad that wasnt done..Portland would have been BEST return..I think it would have been too risky to assume Melo would have added them to list..so I dont fault Mills for folding at this point...so moving on...

Sessions
                Lee
                THJ
                KP
                Kanter

To begin season with I presume??

Second unit..

Frank
                Thomas ?
                Beasley
                Wily
                Q

Kind of like second unit potential to do some damage vs others teams 2nd unit fwiw.

But hoping for LEE+Kanter to be moved for more picks in near future..

PS.. Fu(K Houston too...lol..enjoy Anderson.. gotta laugh peeking in their forums seeing their fans ticked that Knicks were "stupid" for not taking Anderson plus $hit for Melo instead of taking the OKC deal.. According to them Anderson is BETTER than Kanter..
                Last edited by 86mets; 09-25-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Man I hope Frank can outplay Sessions. He's you're #1 pick, if he shows anything in the preseason I think you gotta let him start. Sessions looked pretty much done last time he was out there. I don't mind him to help teach Frank some stuff, but if he's starting, ugh.

I think Timmy is the 2 and the 3 spot is up for grabs between McBuckets, Beas, and Lee....from a spacing point of view I'd go with either Dougie or Lee.

I hope Dotson doesn't get lost on this club....Lee really has to go to open some things up.

Comment

Originally posted by MrHat View Post
                    Man I hope Frank can outplay Sessions. He's you're #1 pick, if he shows anything in the preseason I think you gotta let him start. Sessions looked pretty much done last time he was out there. I don't mind him to help teach Frank some stuff, but if he's starting, ugh.

I think Timmy is the 2 and the 3 spot is up for grabs between McBuckets, Beas, and Lee....from a spacing point of view I'd go with either Dougie or Lee.

I hope Dotson doesn't get lost on this club....Lee really has to go to open some things up.

Was thinking more about size..but THJ/Lee pretty much interchangeable I guess Lee being the better defender should be 3..but neither the best option overall and why I wanted a SF back in return for Melo..

All reports are they are dead set on easing Frank in..so I really doubt he is the starter to begin with..and personally..as I have stated ..think he will need alot of seasoning..AND..I have to be convinced he is a PG at this level..we both know he played alot of 2 in Europe as well..so perhaps if Lee is moved..then THj goes to 3 anyway..and team will still need a long term pg..perhaps why JAck is being looked at as well.. Sessions was hurt alot last year..maybe he is done..but resume when healthy wasnt terrible..but yes..ideally..Frank takes reins..it would help the team D out with him and Lee..Really curious to see a Kanter/KP front court..they may compliment each other well..and kanter already endearing himself with his positive attitude..

Comment

They said the same with KP...it's going to take 3-4 years for him to develop...they signed a bunch of vets - Derrick Williams, Robin Lopez, O'Quinn, Lance Thomas (who was on 10 days).... I think if Frank shows anything, he'll be starting.

LOVED Kanter's presser yesterday. If the guy could play any D he'd be an awesome piece to build around. Noah would be worth every penny of that horrific contract if he could rub off a little D knowledge on Kanter/KP/Willy.

Comment

Originally posted by METSSC View Post
                        if were rooting for what our 2nd round pick will be we're in about as bad a position as is possible
                        Meh they need all the help they can get. The last 2 second round picks they netted in a trade ended up being Hernangomez and Dotson. We havent seen what Dotson is in the NBA yet, but the early returns are encouraging. Willy certainly seems like a legit piece to the puzzle. So don't knock second rounders. Teams like the Spurs have made a living off of turning late first rounders/second rounders into key cogs on good teams.

Comment

Originally posted by MrHat View Post
                          They said the same with KP...it's going to take 3-4 years for him to develop...they signed a bunch of vets - Derrick Williams, Robin Lopez, O'Quinn, Lance Thomas (who was on 10 days).... I think if Frank shows anything, he'll be starting.

LOVED Kanter's presser yesterday. If the guy could play any D he'd be an awesome piece to build around. Noah would be worth every penny of that horrific contract if he could rub off a little D knowledge on Kanter/KP/Willy.
                          Your mouth to God's ears on Frank just not expecting it. ..

​​​​​​ Supposedly Kanter has dropped 20+ lbs.. Should hopefully make him more mobile and in the way things are in nba now for the C position that can only help..

As far as the second round picks go.. I no longer **** on them like I used to.. With the explosion of Euro players coming over... Pool has widened in terms of talent.. And Knicks have done well scouting them... Hopefully that still remains the same even without Phil.. I believe.. After the spurs... Knicks have highest amount of euros on roster

Comment

Fair enough. I am expecting it. The competition is not fierce. If Frank can't crack the starting lineup on this team before the end of the year, then IMO it's probably a failed pick. I can understand maybe not out there game 1, but within a month or so I gotta believe that he can take that job.

10 ppg / 5 assists is a legit starter for this team at the PG spot. Neither of the other guys are putting that up and with 3 good interior players that should not be difficult. Just toss it into the post to Kanter 10 times you should net 5 assists. You've got two guys who are 30+ and really barely played last year. Neither can handle more than 15-20 mins burn a game. Frank is already better defensively than either of them without even seeing him play and neither of them have been great FG% shooters the last few years.

It'll be interesting....Horny said that basically the starting C spot is up for grabs....which is smart. I think that Willy actually fits with my thoughts on the starting unit better than Kanter. Kanter and Beas off the bench would definitely give the Knicks a nice scoring punch there. Maybe with the 3 spot you got game by game, matchups to determine who starts? On smaller teams Lee. On bigger McBuckets?

While the talent level may not be awesome on this team...and the defense is going to be horrific...they can mix and match a ton on matchups. They have a ton of athletic positionless players which is really going to leave things open for guys to EARN mins if Horny manages it all correctly. He showed a good eye for that in Phoenix, but this will be a real test here.

Last edited by MrHat; 09-27-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Complete thumbs up on a your points.. I also like(Pray) all the depth/flexibility useful fullness is gonna lead to deals down the road at deadline for teams making playoff push.. Utilizing all this depth all around to keep their trade value up is only a plus!

Comment

Working...
                              X